Windows 10: Since latest update my computer froze..inaccessible

Discus and support Since latest update my computer froze..inaccessible in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; don't open any program or let me access anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FRENZYMAGAZINEART, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Since latest update my computer froze..inaccessible

don't open any program or let me access anything

:)

FRENZYMAGAZINEART, Jul 30, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after Win10 Update

1) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    2) Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    4) Insert the flash drive into any USB port
    5) Open the BIOS and temporarily change boot order so that you can boot using the flash drive.
    6) When the iso loads choose language, time, currency, and keyboard, or click next
    7) In the left lower corner click "repair your computer"
    8) Click troubleshoot
    9) Click command prompt
    This should open: Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>

For all of the steps please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.

10) type: bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    11) This may display osdevice partition=C:
    12) type: diskpart
    13) type: list disk
    14) type: list volume
    15) look under the column heading Fs for any volume that displayed RAW instead of NTFS
    16) type: chkdsk /f /r G: (change G to the drive letter of the volume displaying RAW)
    It may display "The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt."
    This may then convert the RAW volume to NTFS.
    17) Type: exit
    18) reboot to open the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu > command prompt > Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    19) type: bootrec /rebuildbcd
    It may display:
    Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
    Please wait, since this may take a while...
    Successfully scanned Windows installations.
    Total identified Windows installations: 1
    [1] D:\Windows
    Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/ALL(A):
    20) Type: Y
    The operation completed successfully.
    X:\Windows>
    21) Type: exit
    22) reboot
    See if the inaccessible boot device problem was fixed.

If the above did not fix the inaccessible boot device the next step is to remove the recent update:
    23) Open command prompt > Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    24) From the first command displaying the partition if the drive letter is different than C: please use the displayed drive letter for the next step
    25) type: DISM /image:G:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions (change G to the applicable drive letter)
    26) This should remove the latest update and fix the inaccessible boot device.
    27) If this does not fix the inaccessible boot device plan a registry repair.

Report into the thread your progress with images of the above steps.

zbook, Jul 30, 2018
  3. zbook Win User
    Update to 17063 fails - inaccessible boot device

1) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)
    2) Create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    4) Insert the flash drive into any USB port
    5) Open the BIOS and temporarily change boot order so that you can boot using the flash drive.
    6) When the iso loads choose language, time, currency, and keyboard, or click next
    7) In the left lower corner click "repair your computer"
    8) Click troubleshoot
    9) Click command prompt
    This should open: Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>

For all of the steps please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.

10) type: bcdedit | find "osdevice"
    11) This may display osdevice partition=C:
    12) type: diskpart
    13) type: list disk
    14) type: list volume
    15) look under the column heading Fs for any volume that displayed RAW instead of NTFS
    16) type: chkdsk /f /r G: (change G to the drive letter of the volume displaying RAW)
    It may display "The first NTFS boot sector is unreadable or corrupt."
    This may then convert the RAW volume to NTFS.
    17) Type: exit
    18) reboot to open the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu > command prompt > Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    19) type: bootrec /rebuildbcd
    It may display:
    Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
    Please wait, since this may take a while...
    Successfully scanned Windows installations.
    Total identified Windows installations: 1
    [1] D:\Windows
    Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/ALL(A):
    20) Type: Y
    The operation completed successfully.
    X:\Windows>
    21) Type: exit
    22) reboot
    See if the inaccessible boot device problem was fixed.

If the above did not fix the inaccessible boot device the next step is to remove the recent update:
    23) Open command prompt > Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe > X:\Sources>
    24) From the first command displaying the partition if the drive letter is different than C: please use the displayed drive letter for the next step
    25) type: DISM /image:G:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions (change G to the applicable drive letter)
    26) This should remove the latest update and fix the inaccessible boot device.
    27) If this does not fix the inaccessible boot device plan a registry repair.

Report into the thread your progress with images of the above steps.

zbook, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Since latest update my computer froze..inaccessible

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE after Win10 Update

techsupport - Album on Imgur

uefi

fullofdespair, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Since latest update my computer froze..inaccessible

1. Since latest update my computer froze..inaccessible - Similar Threads - Since latest update

2. Updated my computer and went to boot it and it froze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated my computer and went to boot it and it froze: So windows told me I needed to update my computer and I was holding it off because the last time I did my computer had the same problem this time that it had last time I have no idea what I did last time to fix it. Now I have windows 11 works fine have some issues of freezing...
  3. Updated my computer and went to boot it and it froze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated my computer and went to boot it and it froze: So windows told me I needed to update my computer and I was holding it off because the last time I did my computer had the same problem this time that it had last time I have no idea what I did last time to fix it. Now I have windows 11 works fine have some issues of freezing...
  4. Computer froze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer froze: My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes completly. Also, my keyboard and mouse dont work after that, even though they clearly indicate they are on. Before the issue my...
  5. Randomly my computer froze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly my computer froze: Today my computer screen while i was searching on google Froze and nothing works I tried everything, I hold power button to turn off my computer but when I turned on my computer again nothing comes on screen. This happened 2 months ago but after 10 minutes when it was off...
  6. since the latest microsoft update my lap top computer will no longer communicate with my...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    since the latest microsoft update my lap top computer will no longer communicate with my...: since the latest Microsoft update my lap top computer will no longer communicate with my Lexmark x2600 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-the-latest-microsoft-update-my-lap-top/54507cb2-06e8-4550-b13c-5524d76fcede
  7. since latest updates: computers turn on differently

in Windows 10 Support
    since latest updates: computers turn on differently: Good morning, I have two virtually identical Windows 10 machines (which you can look up below) that boot and are unlocked via my password. Both machines are connected to my Microsoft email account. Since the latest updates both machines boot differently from before. Machine...
  8. My computer froze

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer froze: My computer froze. I could not bring up the task manager either with CTRL +shift + Esc or with CTRL +Alt +delete. I could not turn the computer off. Finally, I noticed the clock was an hour behind. I unplugged the power cord. I still could not turn off the computer. After...
  9. Start menu inaccessible after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu inaccessible after latest update: I installed an update last night, and I am now running Windows 10 Home, version 1903, OS Build 18362.239. The Start button now does nothing. I always used that access to turn my computer off. How do I fix it? Troubleshooting didn't fix it....
  10. Windows 10 update froze my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update froze my computer: Two nights ago, when I went to close my computer, it gave me the option to "install updates and then restart". I clicked ok and then it ran through the update for a really long time. When I checked my computer, it was frozen on the welcome screen. Now i cannot get my...