Windows 10: Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks...

Discus and support Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I already changed mouse double click speed to "fast", pushing the slider all the way to the right. The problem is, while that setting works for many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mörre Noseshine, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks...

I already changed mouse double click speed to "fast", pushing the slider all the way to the right.

The problem is, while that setting works for many mouse clicks, after a few (very few) clicks something "switches" internally, and from then on for some time even veeerrryyyy ssslllloooowwwww singe clicks (that means long pause in between) are interpreted as double clicks!

My mouse driver (Roccat Kone[+] mouse) was not updated - they only ever provided one driver version (I checked).

The mouse *definitely* worked fine until one or two Windows 10 updates ago. I found quite a few recent webpages dedicated to this general problem but nothing specific, or the advise, like "reboot" or "update drivers" is useless.

:)

Mörre Noseshine, Jul 5, 2018

2. Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks as double clicks

I already changed mouse double click speed to "fast", pushing the slider all the way to the right.

The problem is, while that setting works for many mouse clicks, after a few (very few) clicks something "switches" internally, and from then on for some time even veeerrryyyy ssslllloooowwwww singe clicks (that means long pause in between) are interpreted
    as double clicks!

My mouse driver (Roccat Kone[+] mouse) was not updated - they only ever provided one driver version (I checked).

The mouse *definitely* worked fine until one or two Windows 10 updates ago. I found quite a few recent webpages dedicated to this general problem but nothing specific, or the advise, like "reboot" or "update drivers" is useless.

Mörre Noseshine, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks as double clicks

None of those solve the problem - the only one I had not tried yet (but did now) was to uninstall that driver.

SOME mouse clicks - about 20-50% of all clicks, it's somewhat random - are interpreted as double clicks. That only started sometime in June. It improved when I changed the double click speed to the extreme end of fast but for some reason as of today, without
    a change in that setting, it's back to being extremely annoying.

Windows 10 changed - what did the last one or two updates do??? There was at least one "cumulative update" recently.

4. Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks...

Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks as double clicks

UPDATE (solved)

I followed the advice in

Mouse double-clicks when I single-click only.

Relevant part:

> Out of frustration, I raised the mouse about a foot off the desk and brought it down with some force.

> It's working fine now.

Same here. Might be dusty hardware.

Thema:

Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks...

1. Since one or two updates (not sooner!) - Windows 10 interprets *some* single mouse clicks... - Similar Threads - Since updates sooner

2. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  3. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  4. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  5. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  6. Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 mouse randomly double clicking on single clicks: Mouse is still nearly impossible to use for most things due to double-clicking on most instances where attempting to only single-click. This also happens often while trying to hold the mouse button to multi-select, or to select strings of text. While holding the mouse button,...
  7. Single clicking mouse

Single clicking mouse: Using Windows 8 we could single click to open files etc. How do we do it on Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-clicking-mouse/510d0824-9f14-479e-9b9f-8bd879142c22
  8. Most single mouse clicks translated into two clicks

Most single mouse clicks translated into two clicks: On my Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 18362.267 most mouse clicks are translated into two clicks. I use a Logitech G-203 USB mouse which worked perfectly until some time ago (not sure when). I still use the default Microsoft mouse drivers. Issue Most mouse clicks are...
  9. Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10: Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as: 1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop 2) I have managed to solve it temporarily (1 day) after uninstalling all drivers through device manager and restarting my laptop. Also...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...