Windows 10: since the last update HDMI breaks all other sound sources.

Discus and support since the last update HDMI breaks all other sound sources. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is ridiculous, all is fine until hdmi is enabled, then all other sound outputs stop working, even though they APPEAR to work, no sound will be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fmlwin10, Aug 14, 2018.

1. fmlwin10 Win User

since the last update HDMI breaks all other sound sources.

This is ridiculous, all is fine until hdmi is enabled, then all other sound outputs stop working, even though they APPEAR to work, no sound will be sent to my speakers.

Win10 has such numerous problems with sound that you should probably stop trying to blame it on bad drivers and the users themselves and actually fix the problems that have plagued it for YEARS now.

There appears to be no way for me to fix this and windows does not even recognize that there are any problems.

Again,EVERYTHING WORKS AS IT SHOULD WITH HDMI DISABLED, AND IT IS ONLY WHEN HDMI IS ENABLED THAT EVERYTHING ASIDE FROM HDMI SOUND STOPS WORKING.

I'm probably going to have to reinstall from scratch to fix this newest bug that is forced upon me by "automatic quality updates" that cannot be disbled and almost ALWAYS cause problems.

I hope that people start coding more for linux so I can ditch this buggy, spyware laden crap.

:)

fmlwin10, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 14, 2018
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Aug 14, 2018
  4. kevfas Win User

no sound through hdmi to tv

this doesn't work there are no devices showing only the speakers there are none hidden or disabled

kevfas, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. since the last update HDMI breaks all other sound sources. - Similar Threads - since last update

2. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  3. Did the last update break my sound system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did the last update break my sound system?: No sound since Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release update yesterday. The sound symbol is X off and the volume slider is set to zero. If moved, it goes back to zero. The audio troubleshooter runs and runs with no results. My monitor is a Samsung TV and uses...
  4. Sound volume too low since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound volume too low since last update: Hi,Since the last Windows update, I have to set my volume to 100% to get a normal sound. I don't know if the Windows update is the real cause, might be a coincidence but I didn't notice the low sound before....
  5. HDMI port not working since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI port not working since last update: Previously I have been able to uninstall the latest update to have it working again. This time I get the error "Not all of the updates were sucessfully uninstalled" and port is not functioning. Tried uninstalling as an admin using wusa command. Did not work. Any other way...
  6. Sound devices disabled since last update

Sound devices disabled since last update: Were working now not working and appear to have been disabled and not allowed to be enabled again...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-devices-disabled-since-last-update/72e585e3-878d-4de6-9db3-d61eb6445262
  7. Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness and sound key are not working since the last update!!!!!!: i have a DELL Inspiron 15 3000 Series and it had already the windows 10 since manufactured and it was working fine until the last update! Sound keys are F2 and F3 while my brightness keys are F11 and F12 and they are like useless keys now. I have checked the drivers for...
  8. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  9. No sound since last Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound since last Windows 10 update.: Hello. Since this morning, my computer, or maybe my speakers are unable to generate any sounds. I'm on a laptop and relies on the intern speakers. After the last update no sound could be played, although the volume mixer does show the green bar (the one that put how much...
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538