Windows 10: Since upgrading to Win 10, get frequent BSOD's on startup

Discus and support Since upgrading to Win 10, get frequent BSOD's on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was running Windows 8.1 until roughly a month ago. When Threshold 2 update was released, I decided to try upgrading to Win 10, via the GWX app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yu gnomi, Dec 12, 2015.

1. yu gnomi Win User

Since upgrading to Win 10, get frequent BSOD's on startup

I was running Windows 8.1 until roughly a month ago. When Threshold 2 update was released, I decided to try upgrading to Win 10, via the GWX app. Everything pretty much works, I have a few issues but they are mostly minor. One of these issues is that when I start up my PC, it frequently gives me a BSOD - BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. It collects data, and then reboots and starts up like it should after the BSOD.

This is somewhat inconvenient, it only happens on start-up and I don't get BSOD's while operating. I am mostly afraid that I will BSOD during an update (since they frequently need you to restart), and I will get stuck in a repair loop afterwards.

I ran the DM_Log_Collector per instructions.

:)

yu gnomi, Dec 12, 2015
  2. Clacksman Win User

page fault in non-paged area Ipx6x.sys

After successfully upgrading my desktop to Win 10, I am frequently (but not always) getting a BSOD during startup with the message "Page fault in non-paged area Ipx6x.sys". The system then tries a restart which sometimes succeeds, or else an automatic
    repair which always fails. If I then try restarting it usually succeeds. I cannot find reference tpo this problem, so am asking here.

Clacksman, Dec 12, 2015
  3. vvashisht Win User
    vvashisht, Dec 12, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi yu gnomi,

The 0x74(BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) is caused by system hive corrupting, missing registry keys/values or the memory.
    We can try a few things, but if the tests comes clean, you would need to do a clean install.
    A system hive corruption is, so far I understand, not repairable and would be the outcome if the tests comes clean.
    Please make a backup of your important data a.s.a.p. and follow instructions.

Since upgrading to Win 10, get frequent BSOD's on startup [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. yu gnomi Win User
    Thank you for your help.

sfc /scannow completed and found nothing.

Will run Memtest86+ later tonite - will leave it running overnight if necessary- and run sfc /scannow again after booting.

I am guessing I will end up doing a clean install, maybe this weekend.

yu gnomi, Dec 17, 2015
  6. yu gnomi Win User
    I used Windows Memory Diagnostic, instead of Memtest 86+, because it is less of a hassle for me. I currently boot UEFI with Secureboot on; configuring my system to boot off of a non-UEFI thumb drive takes multiple boots and entering UEFI settings, and multiple boots to return to how I have it.

No memory errors found, and a second sfc /scannow run after startup found no issues.

yu gnomi, Dec 18, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    You better run MemTest86+, it finds errors where the built-in fails hard.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Since upgrading to Win 10, get frequent BSOD's on startup - Similar Threads - Since upgrading frequent

2. Getting frequent BSODs on Win 11, Need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting frequent BSODs on Win 11, Need help!: Since last month or so I am getting frequent BSODs on my Win11, sometimes I get 6 of these BSODs in a single day other times went crash free for a week. Error is different almost same every time.So far I have changed AVs, ran sfc /scannow, All drivers are updated from Asus...
  3. Getting frequent BSODs on Win 11, Need help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting frequent BSODs on Win 11, Need help!: Since last month or so I am getting frequent BSODs on my Win11, sometimes I get 6 of these BSODs in a single day other times went crash free for a week. Error is different almost same every time.So far I have changed AVs, ran sfc /scannow, All drivers are updated from Asus...
  4. Frequent BSOD since updating Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD since updating Windows.: Hi, I've been experiencing a lot of BSOD's since last thursday, my collegues are experiencing the same problem.The Error message displayed on the screen is "System Thread Exception not Handled" in file "HTTP.sys"We're developers using Visual Studio 2019 fully updated to...
  5. Frequent BSOD Win 10

Frequent BSOD Win 10: Hey everyone, I get frequent BSOD crashes, all with the same error message. The BSOD appear seemingly random, sometimes when idle, sometimes when playing a game or browsing firefox. I did a clean Win10 install but the problem remained. I did not change a component of the PC...
  6. Frequent BSOD since March 2020

Frequent BSOD since March 2020: Hi Community, I’ve had frequent BSOD on my laptop since March 2020. It’s a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15” running Windows 10 Home 2004, OS Build19041.450. I’ve tried resetting Windows and also completely reinstalled it. Windows Updates are current. Samsung updates...
  7. Frequent BSODs, sometimes on startup

Frequent BSODs, sometimes on startup: Hi, all! I'm trying to troubleshoot a computer in my house. It's virtually identical to another computer that I bought (both computers bought from the same place, within a month or so of each other), but this one has had BSOD issues that have gotten progressively worse over...
  8. Frequent BSOD since yesterday

Frequent BSOD since yesterday: Since last night I've been getting Blue Screen of Death whenever I'm playing a game. The error messages in the Blue Screen of Death were "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" and "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER". I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version installed on my PC. Can you help me...
  9. BSOD errors frequently crash PC since shortly after installing Win 10

BSOD errors frequently crash PC since shortly after installing Win 10: This PC runs fine most of the time, but often, as many as 2 or 3 times a day it can crash. Many times it just powers off, however it sometimes shows a BSOD," MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a 00000000`00000403 ffff9101`408dde90 84200002`bf6f5867 ff7f9101`408dde90 ntoskrnl.exe...
  10. BSOD sometimes after startup since upgrading to Windows 10

BSOD sometimes after startup since upgrading to Windows 10: My BSOD is Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. It occurs after startup. It only began after upgrading to 10 on Friday. I never had crashes running 7. Lately I've been making it through to the password screen and then the BSOD happens. Next time I startup, it might not happen....