Windows 10: Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Update Packages weird

Discus and support Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Update Packages weird in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Since the update, Microsoft is pushing strange Update Packages to me. Before the Update, everything was fine, now the Text says i.e.: for AMD64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by superj, Nov 30, 2017.

1. superj Win User

Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Update Packages weird

Hi,

Since the update, Microsoft is pushing strange Update Packages to me. Before the Update, everything was fine, now the Text says i.e.:
    for AMD64 based systems KB4051963

but what the heck, I do have a x64 based system (Intel).

I don't now now if it is just the text what is wrong or if MS is really pushing wrong Update packages onto my computer.

Anyone having a similar issue?

:)

superj, Nov 30, 2017

2. Windows10Upgrade on latest edition?

That folder is where the latest version called 'Fall Creators Update' install files might be stored.

1703 - Windows 10 Creators Update

1709 - Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Andre Da Costa, Nov 30, 2017
  3. MattP777 Win User
    XPS Reader Crashes When Attempting to Copy Text

I am also having this issue since the Fall Creator's update.

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 1709.

MattP777, Nov 30, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

It’s OK, it’s just the way MS have worded the update. It’s fine to download & install.
    amd64 based is just meaning that it is x64 based windows instead of x86 (32 bit). AMD owns the IP for 64-bit processes that we all use. Doesn't matter if it is AMD or INTEL .

Bastet, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Update Packages weird - Similar Threads - Since Fall Creators

2. Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse feels weird since Spring or Fall Creators Update: Hi, My mouse behaves different since the Fall Creators Update (where MS fixed a mouse bug) or Spring Update. My current Version is the 1809. It doesn't matter, whether I switch the Mouse Accelaration on or off, on the Desktop the mouse is always a bit to fast and when I...
  3. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) don't show update and restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) don't show update and restart: Hi! When Windows update has just installed all the pending updates, the start menu don't show the option "update and restart", only "restart", "shutdown" and "sleep". It's normal?? I have Windows 10 PRO Fall Creators Update 64 bits. Thanks! 99293
  4. "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Users_old" directory after updating to 1709 Fall Creators: In Trainwreck of errors related to seemingly-normal Win10 updates - help! Solved - Windows 10 Forums I posted of my confusion, a problem now solved, about an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 10 installed suddenly being unable to download and install updates. "Net" of that...
  5. Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creators 1709 Update Issue Possibly: Hi All Not sure if this is a real issue or not, but it shows Other Updates all Failed, is it Related to Avast Free 17.8? or just a Windows 10 Update glitch, or nothing to be concerned about, I can try the update reset if need be 97860
  6. Disable driver update regedit - 1709 Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable driver update regedit - 1709 Fall Creators Update: Hello How to turn off driver update via regedit ? os windows 10 fall creatros update 1709 Thank you 99435
  7. Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fall Creators Update (1709) Remote Desktop: After upgrading window 10 to the Fall UC, i'm having some problems with remote desktop: two pc both with 1709: Sometimes the login stuck and i only see the login image with the user icon but it does not enter the descktop, some other times it ask for password again, it...
  8. Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Fall Creators (1709) Update Issues: I am having issues updating from 1703 to 1709, and I could use some help. I used the native Windows Update tool to download 1709. I restarted my computer when prompted to begin the installation. I got about a quarter of the way through the installation when I got a blue...
  9. Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709

in Windows 10 News
    Rumor: Fall Creators Update is Windows 10 version 1709: it appears that Microsoft has referenced the version number for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in related documentation. A blog post (first spotted by WZor) related to the the Policy device description framework (DDF) file in Windows mentions "Windows 10, version...
  10. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) Fully Available: I’m happy to announce the Fall Creators Update (version 1709) is fully available for all compatible devices running Windows 10 worldwide! Full availability is the final phase of our rollout process. When a new feature update is released, we begin by targeting a select set of...