Windows 10: Since Windows 10 update disconnect from internet when wakes from sleep

Discus and support Since Windows 10 update disconnect from internet when wakes from sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Title says it all. After waking from sleep mode the computer disconnects from the internet and I have to reboot to get a connection. Makes the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Maugli, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Maugli Win User

Since Windows 10 update disconnect from internet when wakes from sleep

Title says it all. After waking from sleep mode the computer disconnects from the internet and I have to reboot to get a connection. Makes the whole point of having a "sleep" mode useless. This is annoying because often I go away from m y computer for a few hours during the day and don't want to have to reboot to get back onto my computer. Rebooting wears out the components and is uneccessary when it should simply wake from sleep mode with no hassles. I have a wired connection via ethernet cable. My router is always switched on.

:)

Maugli, Oct 4, 2015
  2. TJDSWED Win User

my pc doesn't go to sleep because of my network

recently i disconnected my network from the internet company and reconnected it later on.

however after i did that the network on pc keeps giving me dns errors so i disconnect and reconnect from the internet access tape

but the problem is that my doesn't go to sleep ever since the network problem appeared every time i put the pc tp sleep it instantly wakes up and the only devices that can wake up my are keyboard, mouse, intel(R) 82578DM Gigabit network connection' according
    to the command prompt

TJDSWED, Oct 4, 2015
  3. my pc wakes from sleep when I turn off my cordless mouse

Since the anniversary update to Windows 10, my pc wakes from sleep when I turn off my cordless mouse

DebbyFelty, Oct 4, 2015
  4. Since Windows 10 update disconnect from internet when wakes from sleep

I have the same problem, except that disconnection appears to be intermittent. It looks as if disconnection occurs if sleep lasts longer than several hours (e.g. overnight). Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

Ricardoluij, Jan 15, 2016
  5. linw Win User
    Try going to Device Manager and opening Properties for your Network Adapter. Under Power Management, uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device.

6. Thanks linw. I have identified my Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller as my Ethernet card and have followed your advice in clearing the Allow the computer to turn off this device box. We’ll see what happens!

Ricardoluij, Jan 20, 2016
  7. linw Win User
    Worth a try.
    I have the same NIC as you and I had the power set to allow to turn off and it was OK but I have that option unchecked now.
    Computers are funny things so fingers crossed the uncheck works for you.

8. letmein Win User

Just started happening after the Anniversary Update

letmein, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Since Windows 10 update disconnect from internet when wakes from sleep - Similar Threads - Since update disconnect

2. Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps: I recently installed a new FIOS router G3100 and my computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps. It never did this before. When my computer sleeps i lose internet connection and it takes about a minute to reconnect every time. Has a recent update in Windows causes...
  3. Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps: I recently installed a new FIOS router G3100 and my computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps. It never did this before. When my computer sleeps i lose internet connection and it takes about a minute to reconnect every time. Has a recent update in Windows causes...
  4. Computer disconnects from internet when computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode: I am running Win 10 Home Version 2004. Recently I have started to have a problem - when the computer goes into sleep mode it disconnects from the Internet. When I go to "Settings" the icons tell me that I am connected to the Internet via Spectrum and that my WiFi network is...
  6. Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop will not wake from sleep since upgrading to Windows 10: On my Lenovo B570 laptop, if the laptop goes into sleep mode (usually happens overnight), it is not possible to wake it. Pressing any key on the keyboard does not wake it,using the touchpad also does not wake it, nor does clicking on the clickers. The only thing that I can...
  7. No power from SSD when waking from sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No power from SSD when waking from sleep Windows 10: Today I had to leave the house (I went biking yay), so I opened the power menu from the Windows button, and selected the option for my Dell Inspiron i5577 laptop to "Sleep." I come back later, hit the power button to turn the laptop on, and lo and behold, the power button...
  8. No power from SSD when waking from sleep Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No power from SSD when waking from sleep Windows 10: Today I had to leave the house (I went biking yay), so I opened the power menu from the Windows button, and selected the option for my Dell Inspiron i5577 laptop to "Sleep." I come back later, hit the power button to turn the laptop on, and lo and behold, the power button...
  9. Windows 10 update 1709 error when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update 1709 error when waking from sleep: Hi guys, since updating to Windows 10 1709 I get a weird video issue - vertical dotted lines, the mouse is still visible as vertical stripes, when waking from sleep mode. It is a desktop machine, I am using an Intel HD graphics 530 and have downloaded and installed the...
  10. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 1o internet disconnect when sleep