Windows 10: Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised

Discus and support Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To transfer photos from my camera to the computer I take the memory card out of the camera and insert it in the USB slot on the computer. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CherylAdams1, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised

To transfer photos from my camera to the computer I take the memory card out of the camera and insert it in the USB slot on the computer. The computer and laptop recently had updates to Windows 10 and now neither recognise the memory card. Why did you do this and can you fix it?

My photo manipulation programme has also disappeared. Why?

:)

CherylAdams1, Jul 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 30, 2018
  3. USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10

I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I plug in a any USB drives are not recognised.

I have tried a USB stick which worked but not drives do not.

Any suggestions as all worked in Windows 7.

Thank you.

jaburmester, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised

1. Since windows 10 update USB card not recognised - Similar Threads - Since update USB

2. Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised: Long shot but had this problem for the past 6 months. I installed a Renesas USB 3 Pcie card and it worked great.....But every time I switch off my pc and leave it off for a few days, when I put it back on the card would sometimes work but a lot of the time it does not....I...
  3. USB not recognised - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB not recognised - Windows 10: I keep getting this error message today: [ATTACH] The USB that I'd connected via an extension hub was a standard one and I've used it many times before without any problems. It's a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB, formatted to FAT32 using Quick Format. What's causing the...
  4. SD card not recognised

SD card not recognised: There was a similar thread a couple of years ago but this is now locked and I'm still looking for a solution. I'm using an SD card in a Lenovo MIIX 320 to extend storage. 9 times out of 10 the card is unrecognised. Disabling the Storage Controller and then re-enabling it...
  5. USB not recognised Windows 10

USB not recognised Windows 10: Hello, I am ExetreemPlayz. I have a issue when I plug in a usb device Phone, tablet etc There is a error saying “Usb not recognised” Can anyone please help? My pc: Acer Aspire TC-865...
  6. Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI

Windows 10 - USB 3 drives not recognised since update of USBXHCI: Ever since the USBXHCI driver was updated I have been having issues using external USB 3 drives or usb sticks. I have a Samsung T5 usb type c drive that was working fine for 6 months. But since the update, if I plug in via USB type c cable, then the drive light comes on,...
  7. sd card not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sd card not recognised: have a new asus laptop with windows 10 its not recognising that i insert any sd card. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-recognised/552b5094-5f9a-4e6a-8489-85088a376087
  8. SD card not recognised in Windows 10 pc

SD card not recognised in Windows 10 pc: please help...my sd card not recognised in my wndows 10 pc...ive tried checking it in a external sd card holder...but nothing happens.the sd card is eadable in other windows 10 pc.....
  9. SD Card not recognised.

SD Card not recognised.: Dell, Ultrabook, Latitude E7470, Window s 10 My SD card reader does not recognise any of my SD cards. They all work when plugged into my card reader, when using USB slots. Any experience of similar issue on Dell laptop?...
  10. USB Not recognised Windows 10

USB Not recognised Windows 10: USB not recognised in windows 10 - makes the sound like USB is picked up but does not display in file explorer. Tried to uninstall all usb devices in device manager - did not work. Any other ideas?...