Windows 10: Since Windows 10 updates my DVD drive is not working

Discus and support Since Windows 10 updates my DVD drive is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since Windows 10 updates my DVD player is not available. I wish to install software from a Disk.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brook5, Jul 23, 2018.

1. brook5 Win User

Since Windows 10 updates my DVD drive is not working

Since Windows 10 updates my DVD player is not available.

I wish to install software from a Disk.

:)

brook5, Jul 23, 2018
  2. RLRehm Win User

Windows 7 Professional keeps dropping the DVD/CD drive

Working with a fresh install (2nd attempt) of Windows 7 Professional on new hardware. The motherboard is a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. Running 4G of RAM and an Intel Q9400 Quad Core CPU. The DVD/CD optical drive is a Pioneer DVR-218L.

Here's the problem - after two fresh installs, Windows 7 drops the DVD/CD drive and I get the following error in Device Manager (The device cannot start {code 10}). After the install, the drive works for a period of time, then stops working and I get the error code.

The driver appears to be a standard Windows driver (CD-ROM driver).

I've tried uninstalling the drive and re-installing it in Device Manager but it does not work - I continue to get the device error.

I've also swapped out the DVD/CD drive to insure it's not a bad unit. Same problem with both drives.

What do you suggest for next steps?? Could it be an issue with the motherboard?? A driver problem?

I visited the Pioneer web site - could not find any help or additional Windows 7 drivers.

What now??

RLRehm, Oct 13, 2018
  3. C_C
    c_C Win User
    DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

4. Since Windows 10 updates my DVD drive is not working

DVD RW Drive

Hi Julia,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are having a tough time working on the computer.

Please provide us the following information:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the exact\complete error message?
    Step 1: Try updating the DVD\CD-ROM drives from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager
    • Expand DVD\CD-ROM drives .

• Right click on the driver and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Restart the computer.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check and install if there is any latest firmware update for DVD drive from the computer manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Do update us with the details, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Since Windows 10 updates my DVD drive is not working

1. Since Windows 10 updates my DVD drive is not working - Similar Threads - Since updates DVD

2. DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive stopped working after a Windows 10 update: About a week ago, the DVD player on my Windows 10 computer does not work. Will a future update correct the problem? I think it caused the problem....
  3. has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD drives since 2004 update

has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD drives since 2004 update: has anybody kept losing their DVD drives or external DVD I don't know if its since the lastest version that I keep getting registry corruption messages, I uninstall them restart and they work only to drop off again. First my laptop DVD so I tried my ext DVD and ext...
  4. dvd/cd drive will not work on windows 10

dvd/cd drive will not work on windows 10: How do you get the DVD drive to work on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-drive-will-not-work-on-windows-10/d06663aa-3c11-460c-8ad4-39b5812c7be7
  5. DVD drives unsupported since Win7

DVD drives unsupported since Win7: I am always struggling to get response from My DVD drive, and seem to go back to square one after an upgrade to the system. I have researched this several times, and achieved success in different ways, sometimes using proprietry software. I I should track this, but keep...
  6. DVD drives unsupported since Win7

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD drives unsupported since Win7: I am always struggling to get response from My DVD drive, and seem to go back to square one after an upgrade to the system. I have researched this several times, and achieved success in different ways, sometimes using proprietry software. I I should track this, but keep...
  7. Windows 10 and my dvd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and my dvd drive: I have a hp notebook 1515-ay082nr win 10. When I got it I did a factory restore to default to start fresh. (It was used) I had not used the computer prior to reset other than seeing it on long enough to navigate to setting and reset. Ok. I do know the dvd drive did work. Play...
  8. my dvd drive will not work in windows 10

my dvd drive will not work in windows 10: my dvd drive will not work in windows 10. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-drive-will-not-work-in-windows-10/593da4b5-6921-4db3-a011-657bbbce708d
  9. DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update

DVD optical drive not working after windows 10 update: Around May 2018, I successfully updated windows 10 to version 1703, but the optical drive became inoperable. I have tried numerous solutions such as uninstalling the drive and re-booting, but it still does not operate. Please help!...
  10. My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my...

My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my...: My DvD player with Optiarc DVD RW AD-7700H is not working since upgrade to Windows 10 on my Sanyo Vaio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dvd-player-with-optiarc-dvd-rw-ad-7700h-is-not/1324bd38-7f18-4cfd-ac27-b2e1516be465