Windows 10: Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time

Discus and support Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About a month ago my mouse started double clicking. Its random, like 20% of my clicks act as a double click. Tested with logitech g9, steelseries... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chLor1de, May 17, 2016.

1. chLor1de Win User

Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time

About a month ago my mouse started double clicking. Its random, like 20% of my clicks act as a double click.
    Tested with logitech g9, steelseries sensei and razer naga, so its definitely not a hw issue. Did clean win install with the lastest drivers, firmwares, and win updates and its still persist.

Its driving me crazy so if someone got an idea go for it.
    Thanks =)

:)

chLor1de, May 17, 2016

2. Register Single click as double click in Windows

Hello Olivast,

I would be happy to assist you.

Please be informed that in Windows, the mouse click customization applies only to the way how folders and directories respond to mouse clicks.

At this point, it is not possible to change the overall functionality of the mouse click functions in Windows.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

• Go to Start , enter the phrase Windows Feedback and then select
      Windows Feedback.

• See if someone else has provided similar feedback by entering the topic. If you find similar feedback, select it, add any details, then select
      Upvote.

• If you don’t find any similar feedback, select Add new feedback, and choose a topic from
      Select a category and then Select a subcategory. Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and you're done.

Updates and feedback

Hope it helps to answer to your query.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 17, 2016
  3. Olivast Win User
    Register Single click as double click in Windows

How do i make it so when i do a single click my computer will register it as a double click? don't tell me to go into folder options as that only works for folders while i want this to work all the time.

Original title: Clicking

Olivast, May 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, there are various reports of such problems, typically last year. E.g.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...3db8550?page=8

- a very long thread, seems comment around pg 7 may be of interest.. I've not read it all!

A few threads I found posted in tenforums had no answer.

It's not a problem I've experienced or seen reported for a long time. Which build are you running?

dalchina, May 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Single click acts as a double click 20% of the time - Similar Threads - Single click acts

2. Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.: Since the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375, my mouse sometimes performs a double click instead of a single click.It happens with every mouse I connect to my PC ASUS TUF Dash F15...
  3. Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.: Since the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375, my mouse sometimes performs a double click instead of a single click.It happens with every mouse I connect to my PC ASUS TUF Dash F15...
  4. Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked

Mouse Double-Clicking when Single-Clicked: This issue began about a month ago and I have been dealing with it ever since, and I am at my wits end trying to resolve it. I have researched, read multiple solutions, and implemented quite a few of them to resolve the double clicking issue but none of them have worked....
  5. Mouse single click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse single click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: i hold left click to move program left click randomly not working and start double clicking im still hold in that time,i tried on new mouse, still like randomly double clickthe problem keep my game and my program minimize only left click right click normally fine...
  6. Mouse single click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11

Mouse single click randomly acts as a double click. windows 11: i hold left click to move program left click randomly not working and start double clicking im still hold in that time,i tried on new mouse, still like randomly double clickthe problem keep my game and my program minimize only left click right click normally fine...
  7. mouse double click on single click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  8. mouse double click on single click

mouse double click on single click: I have encountered an issue which seems to affect both windows 10 21H1 and windows 11 21H1. earlier in the week I did a factory restore, which took my system back to windows 10 1803. as of yesterday i was running windows 10 21h1. after the latest series of updates, my mouse...
  9. Single click suddenly becoming double click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Single click suddenly becoming double click: I have tried various mouse and uninstall all mouse drivers and various other fixes but the problem still exists. It only started few days ago when I applied some updates. This was a known issue affecting many people a few years ago but was fixed but it appears to have come...
  10. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...