Windows 10: Single Monitor set up, no Signal, Windows 10

Discus and support Single Monitor set up, no Signal, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all. I have had nothing but issues, since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8 (64). The installation within of itself was horrible. I got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Chachkey, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Chachkey Win User

Single Monitor set up, no Signal, Windows 10

Hi all. I have had nothing but issues, since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8 (64).
    The installation within of itself was horrible.
    I got the continual flash on the screen, until I was able to get it into safe mode and recovered it.
    Then made sure drivers were updated.
    However, I did not upgrade my BIOs, from the information I had seen from MSFT.
    Didnt think twice, since they said if you were upgrading from 8 or 8.1 that should not be an issue.
    The system was running stable, after I did those fixes.

About 1 week ago, after a MSFT Windows automatic patch push, My monitor started not to respond during boot up. Ran some basic troubleshooting for the monitor (Ie: check plugs, check cables, check Video card).
    They all seemed to work fine and my system booted up normal.

The very next day, cold booted again and monitor did same thing, it was not getting any signal from the computer.
    Went through the checks, after a little bit of a delay the system finally booted.
    I checked my BIOs settings, which were all set up normally.

I locked my computer after that and did not turn off the system, the next morning, my monitor was unresponsive.

I re-checked monitor, cables and even replaced the video card. Everything is good except no signal to my monitor.
    I disconnected all hardware except the video card and motherboard, to see if it was an issue with my power.
    I double checked all my connections.
    I took out out the CMOS battery and also disconnected power to the motherboard for about 2 hours, to try and reset the BIOs to factory.
    I reset my memory sticks.
    No luck.

This leaves me with 2 things left: a) Corrupted BIOs, not loading my drivers, or b) motherboard went bad.
    Going to try a bootable USB BIOs next.

I have seen several posts about issues similar to this after upgrading to WIndows 10. This is horrible.

In addition to what I have done above, is there anything else, I can do to try and recover my new doorstopper and restore it to a PC like it should be?

:)

Chachkey, Aug 23, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Win 10 power saving mode

'Power saving mode' is a message from your monitor rather than Windows, meaning that n signal is getting from the computer to that monitor

Check the connecting cables to make sure they are secure

Swap the monitors around to make sure there is a signal coming from the CPU

In Windows press Windows + P to bring up the project settings, check the setting there . . .

DaveM121, Aug 23, 2015
  3. windows won't start in first attempt

When I start my window 10 on my Dell desktop, lately the signal on the monitor is not there or the window 10 does not boot up. After leaving it on for while without any signal, turning it off and on again, then it boots up. What could be the issue>

Shajee_786, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Single Monitor set up, no Signal, Windows 10

Have you tried putting your PC to sleep and then waking it up. This worked for me. What graphics card are you using?

Win10warrior, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Single Monitor set up, no Signal, Windows 10

1. Single Monitor set up, no Signal, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Single Monitor set

2. No Signal on Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Signal on Monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jamesbrad04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgy9k5/no_signal_on_monitor/
  3. Monitor shows "No Signal" while trying to set up WIN10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor shows "No Signal" while trying to set up WIN10: Hi, so I bought a new computer, without WIN10 installed on it (disc is included, though). I updated the BIOS as per installation guide and now tried to set up WIN10. I got it installed. My problem now is that the monitor randomly loses its connection to the computer (it...
  4. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No signal to monitors: Hi, I bought a new computer a few months ago - a pre built msi infinite 9sa-871 - and was experiencing issues with lag after leaving the computer on, which got progressively worse. I'm not the smartest with tech, so I reset to factory settings and it sort of fixes itself, but...
  5. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal to monitors: Hi guys, have tried browsing around but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to be honest, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. This morning I've gone to hop on my computer and I've got no signal to any of my screens 2 desktop...
  6. Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install and no signal to monitor: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 on my Dell desktop yesterday previously had Win 8. When I restarted my computer, I just got a « no signal » message on my monitor. It is not an issue with my monitor as I tried it with another computer, and everything is fine. Note that the...
  7. Monitor no signal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor no signal: My system unit boots perfectly, the videocard is working etc. But it says on my monitor that it has no signal. I checked every wirings and all. Is this a faulty ram ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-no-signal/584e85e7-7d09-4afb-86e0-8f837b1263dd
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10, no monitor signal

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10, no monitor signal: Hello all! I upgraded my pc (Gateway SX2110 slim desktop) from Windows 8 to 10 last night. Downloaded from MS site, seemed to install fine. Pc rebooted after 10 setup screen (Language, keyboard layout). I keep getting "no monitor signal". Fans are spinning, i can hear drive...
  9. Monitor losing signal during start-up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor losing signal during start-up: I've been getting issues in the last week while trying to start up my computer. Either my monitor loses its signal during the blue screen with the rotating white dots or my motherboard graphics card is being used instead of the one that my monitors are plugged into. The...
  10. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 second monitor no signal: Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings and has the correct resolution but it says no input on the second monitor. The only problem I've noticed is in the nvidia...