Windows 10: Single window being allowed

Discus and support Single window being allowed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed Windows 10 yesterday and things are just not right. I am unable to reduce window size. If I hit the reduction icon with window just goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Janet, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Janet Win User

Single window being allowed

Installed Windows 10 yesterday and things are just not right. I am unable to reduce window size. If I hit the reduction icon with window just goes away. I am also not able to have more than one window open at a time. Since my taskbar is also broken, I have to go back to start and find the program and open it again. *Sick

:)

Janet, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 8.1 Single Language upgrade to Windows 10

Hi!

I would like to know what you mean by this:

"P.S. you will get Windows 10 Home. Single Language editions are being dropped..."

Does this mean If they have Windows 8.1 Single Language, they are not allowed to upgrade and activated after?

Thanks!

RichStrike, Jul 30, 2015
  3. DGRDGR Win User
    Windows 8.1 Single Language upgrade to Windows 10

Rich:

Where you able to get an answer to your question:

"P.S. you will get Windows 10 Home. Single Language editions are being dropped..."

I also have Win 8.1 SL Spanish and need to change to English or have multilanguage mode.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Daniel

DGRDGR, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Janet, and welcome to Ten Forums.

It sounds like you may have tablet mode turned on. Double check using the tutorial below to turn it off (if on) to see if that helps. *Smile

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-on-or-off-tablet-mode-in-windows-10.9524/

In addition, check to make sure that you have your screen resolution set to recommended, and DPI scaling set to 100%.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Janet Win User
    Thank you! That fixed it! Whew..... that scared me - lol!

Janet, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Single window being allowed - Similar Threads - Single window being

2. Single machine, single Win 10 license, but dual boot: does the license allow this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single machine, single Win 10 license, but dual boot: does the license allow this?: I have a single computer and single full non-OEM Windows 10 license. However I would like to boot this single machine in two different configurations: one for home use, with normal productivity software; the other with only music production software so it runs fast and...
  3. Single machine, single Win 10 license, but dual boot: does the license allow this?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Single machine, single Win 10 license, but dual boot: does the license allow this?: I have a single computer and single full non-OEM Windows 10 license. However I would like to boot this single machine in two different configurations: one for home use, with normal productivity software; the other with only music production software so it runs fast and...
  4. Single machine, single Win 10 license, but dual boot: does the license allow this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. pdf not being allowed to save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pdf not being allowed to save: Am not sure what happened overnight but when I scan from my HP scanner and my pdf shows up as "test today" which is what I named it in my documents folder when I open it the format and layout is totally different see attached. I can't save as as the save button is greyed out...
  6. pdf not being allowed to save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pdf not being allowed to save: Am not sure what happened overnight but when I scan from my HP scanner and my pdf shows up as "test today" which is what I named it in my documents folder when I open it the format and layout is totally different see attached. I can't save as as the save button is greyed out...
  7. Headset and speakers being detected by windows as a single device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset and speakers being detected by windows as a single device: Hello. Whenever I have my headset plugged into my PC, I cannot use my speakers because both devices are shown as a single device. Is there any way to fix this and separate the two devices so I can switch between them? Thanks....
  8. blocked app still being allowed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    blocked app still being allowed: i searched but im tired of looking i blocked an app with the windows firewall, blocking all inbound and outbound connections to the internet yet the app is still connecting as normal. i want to completely block this app from the internet to prevent updates or transfer of...
  9. Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allowing single youtube playlist allows all youtube searching and playing: I have Family Safety setup for my children and configured for whitelisting urls only. I have set up a YouTube playlist for my children on my youtube account and added the link in their Content Restrictions > Web browsing > Always Allowed websites. I have found that from...
  10. Broadband Allowance being used in a matter of hours

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadband Allowance being used in a matter of hours: Hi, Hope I'm posting in the right place. Because we have poor internet coverage we use 4G for internet provision, but this means that the allowance is capped at 30GB a month. This has been ok until just recently when the allowance is suddenly used up literally overnight...