Windows 10: Sister's Laptop: Strange Behavior

Discus and support Sister's Laptop: Strange Behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am the computer guy for my family and for my household. But I have ran into a problem that I cannot solve. It's with my sister's Acer Aspire 5749z... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Sister's Laptop: Strange Behavior

I am the computer guy for my family and for my household. But I have ran into a problem that I cannot solve. It's with my sister's Acer Aspire 5749z laptop. The computer originally came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit but was later upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64-bit. From the beginning or from what seems to be the beginning, she has had problems with what sounds like the fan kicking in really loudly. When I turn it on sometimes, not sure what I am doing at the time, but the speakers crackle. Also, now when she closes the lid for it to go into hibernation mode, the computer has gotten to where it's whistling or making a screeching sound. The computer is old. It was purchased in 2012. I never close the lid on my Laptops, so I have never experienced this problem. But I don't know if it's a problem with her model or not. But again, the fan has always kicked in and made it sound really loud. I looked online and it said that usually when the computer whistles or screeches, then the CPU may be facing a high temperature issue or a lack of ventilation to the hardware components. She also says that the mouse touchpad has been acting up. It had a driver update for the touchpad recently, so I am thinking that the driver may need to be rolled back to the previous version.

There is one thing that I have always told my sister to never do to a computer (Laptop). That is to never put a Laptop on a bed, because I feel that will block off the ventilation for the vent to let air out although she doesn't always listen. I have always kept my Laptops on a table or a desk.

I am trying to help her. But I would like someone's opinion on the forums because I trust y'all because y'all have always helped me.

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Jesse Williams, Feb 22, 2017

2. Strange behavior

The discussion about mobile phones and radiation is already a few years ongoing.

But that doesn't explain the behavior of my mobile phone.

The random "micro wave" radiation which causes a lot of heat on the skin and drains the batteries in a few minutes is likely to be caused by a program.

A program which seems to activate some frequenties which are not activated in normal use.

Old_crow---01, Feb 22, 2017
  3. CJLim Win User
    CJLim, Feb 22, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Sister's Laptop: Strange Behavior

The best thing to do is take off the bottom cover and blow out the fan and CPU. The only reason that the fan would kick in is either something locking up the CPU to 100% or full of dust and hair on the heat sink and fan. As for the speakers, yes speakers can go bad, they are not the best on laptops, but you can get the replacement units that go above the keyboard on that side if that is where they are and get the sound back to decent. Usually if speakers are crackly, they are blown or the unit was left in a hot environment and dried them out.

The laptop is seven years old. It is worth her just upgrading to a new one to replace that one. I would suggest that she gets one with either a M2 or SSD drive. If she hates 10, which some do, she can always go through HSN and pay payments on a Macbook Air. Her choice and not really worth dealing with what it will cost over keeping her laptop limping as other items go bad on it.

bro67, Feb 22, 2017
  5. I will let her know. It's been a good one.

Jesse Williams, Feb 22, 2017
  6. sml156 Win User
    Not sure if she needs a new fan or just cleaned out, If your not comfortable taking apart a laptop you should take it to a computer store.

I use a kitchen chopping board under my laptop it works great.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sister's Laptop: Strange Behavior

1. Sister's Laptop: Strange Behavior - Similar Threads - Sister's Laptop Strange

2. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  3. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    strange behavior: in explorer i cant create "new folder".I can't type into search boxes in the usual way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-behavior/a4d18df8-6068-4cbd-8b3e-08b94dc85fdd
  4. strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: [ATTACH] Windows Taskbar My Windows freezes and then my taskbar is replaced by the one above. This replacement "taskbar" is not accessible, and non of the task bar fixes I have tried off the internet will restore it. Only a system reboot restores the "original"...
  6. Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Behavior: Was browsing in Chrome, all of a sudden my scroll wheel on my mouse was disabled, and Windows was just making a clicking noise instead of scrolling the page. Closed everything, restarted, and got a weird blue screen asking if I wanted to Restore/Repair, etc. Restarted in...
  7. Strange laptop behavior...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange laptop behavior...: Lately my laptop has been acting very strange. Sometimes when I log in or restart my laptop when it opens the desktop background is the default, and I'm not logged into chrome. It is like I'm opening a new laptop. The files and music I download is gone and the games I have...
  8. A strange behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A strange behavior: Warning: The text of this question is made with Google Translate. I own a relatively new computer with Windows 10 Pro and Windows Insider Program. From the very beginning, every time I turn it on and reach the Windows lock screen, it does not detect any network connection,...
  9. Laptop Battery Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Battery Strange Behavior: Recently, I noticed a strange behavior in my laptop's battery. Whenever it is plugged it shows 100% charge but when I unplugged it, it went down to 0 and then computer shut down. I kept it unplugged and then restart the laptop. It started up despite all warnings about the...
  10. strange behavior .....

in Windows 10 Support
    strange behavior .....: good morning I spent the weekend upgrading my PC's from win 7 to win 10. the 1st one had some issues after the upgrade, but most have been solved. 2 of the other 3 went fine and all seem to be working as expected. the last one, and the most important one, has lots of...