Windows 10: site that offered to solve my PC issues regarding lockups for $80

Discus and support site that offered to solve my PC issues regarding lockups for $80 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I stumbled across a site that said it could solve all PC crashes and screen lockups as I was having problems with a 5 day old HP desktop all-in-one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NifftyNinja, Jun 27, 2017.

1. site that offered to solve my PC issues regarding lockups for $80

I stumbled across a site that said it could solve all PC crashes and screen lockups as I was having problems with a 5 day old HP desktop all-in-one with windows 10 pre installed .I had not added any new programs at all but upon initial start up it did download updates like crazy and only after half a hour the screen became locked with no response using mouse or CTRL ALT DELETE had to power off main switch and this has continued for days some time I get 2 hours until it locks . Anyway my point is that they offered to check my PC using remote access looking at my registry , event logs and admin command prompt and said a fix would cost $80.00 with a guarantee to solve the problems and no cost if it happened again . i managed to take note of what she was looking at that was in event viewer admin events the error Load Perf seemed to be of interest and in the Command Prompt (admin ) she made a tree and down the bottom it said OS corrupt .Source .Malware 82% She the text me in the message box and said my windows firewall settings needed fixing due to inbound rules and also my IP was blocked , according to Blocklist removal center and was listed in the PBL from Spamhaus ,and she assured me the problem was with the network paths IP ,I asked why there were 2 other PC running using the same router and there were no problems at all with them , she answered they would also be at risk ! So given the small description that I have written was I about to be taken for a ride because I declined on spending the money to fix it ? I aso ran a few anti virus programs and found nothing !

:)

NifftyNinja, Jun 27, 2017

2. Block the port (WM 6.5)

OK, more information: Windows Messenger for WM uses (found by Google) 1493, 1542, 1863, 1963, 80 TCP and 443 TCP port. In my country (T-Mobile operator) is lowcost comunication through port 80 only. Another is more expensive. In Windows Messenger is not
    offered choise. So I thought that disabling all ports except 80 would solve my problem. Maybe this consideration is wrong whole...

Pan Vedoucí, Jun 27, 2017
  3. KurtBucy Win User
    After Anniversary update computer feezes when browsing the web

I have the same issue specifically for huffingtonpost.com. I found that it was my adblock plus addin for edge that was causing the lockup. If you have that, then you can disable the plugin for that site and it should no longer freeze up.

KurtBucy, Jun 27, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

site that offered to solve my PC issues regarding lockups for $80

Bastet, Jun 27, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would erase that hard drive and start with a clean install of Windows 10. And it's a 5 day old computer.. What about the warranty? Why pay someone to fix something that is under warranty?

With all the ransomware these days, I would not do anything until I erased that hard drive.

NavyLCDR, Jun 27, 2017
  6. Your original post raised some red flags:
    "I stumbled across a site that said it could solve all PC crashes and screen lockups as I was having problems with a 5 day old HP desktop all-in-one with windows 10 pre installed"

1. If the computer is having troubles at only five days old, it's likely HP's problem. I would have dumped the problem on them.
    2. Any site that claims to solve all PC crashes and lockups is a scam. They don't solve problems. They cause problems ... and you pay for it. Don't ever go near any such site.

So ... you have a warranty, yes? Call HP's service line and get help. They likely have detailed instructions on how to restore the computer to its original state.

margrave55, Jun 27, 2017
  7. thanks guys for the advice , I have gotten in touch with the store that I purchased it from and will take it back for them to check it out ,I did run anti virus software (trent micro pro and advanced system care plus CCleaner ) which found nothing . I will wait until the store checks it out and then I will know where I stand and my next steps , they might replace it or try to fix it not sure, but I will post the out come on this thread as I am taking it in tomorrow .

NifftyNinja, Jun 29, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

If I was the store and they do repairs on site, I would just reload the latest edition of Windows and update everything, unless there an obvious hardware problem, which is sounds like there is not.

NavyLCDR, Jun 29, 2017
  9. Hydrate Win User
    Has this issue been resolved?

I would like to chime in if possible, this is can belikely a remote control hijack application, often what crafty scammers do to prove your computer is infected with "explorer.exe" and "svchost.exe".

This is 100% a scam, the CMD.exe tree command displays your files and has nothing to do with viruses or being blocked.

Thread stater, if you haven't reset your PC already, let me know.

Hydrate, Jul 1, 2017
  10. Danger Will Robinson, Danger Danger. *Ditto to almost certainly a scam and a compromised PC. A clean install would be my recommendation to be sure its clean and safe to use. I wouldn't do any online banking etc on that PC.

alphanumeric, Jul 1, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    If you just bought a computer and are having problems with it. Just take it back to the store and exchange it for another one, don't waste any time diagnosing this yourself or sending it in to HP or having the store repair it. You have a 30 day money back guarantee or replacement after purchasing a new computer or device.

spunk, Jul 1, 2017
  12. I took the PC back to the store . The funny thing was it did not lock up with in a hour while running at the store so a clean install was recommended , which I did BUT with in 15 mins it locked up again and continued to do so . So back to the store , the guy that was supposed to be the tech head said he had to see the PC lock up for himself before sending it back to HP ! The PC was plugged in at the store and 2 hours passed but no lock up !!!!! The guy then told me there was nothing wrong with it !!!! That got me pissed off ! So I just asked for a total refund ! which they had to comply as it was under the 14 days warranty return policy .I was given a receipt that said" reason for return " ........... customer changed their mind !!! ( lol the next person that buys that PC will be taking it back as well ) The store tech guy could have just looked in event viewer and he would have seen the relevant info related to time ,forced restart, and saying no NIC compliance blah blah Ok that won't really tell him what the problem is but should indicate that indeed it did lock up soon after been started after new install ?? $2,000 worth of PC ! if it ****s up like it did ,I'm going for the refund and look at another brand and store !! I have not purchased a replacement PC as yet but that's relevant to this thread . I thank all of those that replied and gave their advice and opinion on this matter .

NifftyNinja, Jul 10, 2017
  13. Porthos Win User

In my opinion this is your main problem. I would stay away from the AIO's all together.

Porthos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. site that offered to solve my PC issues regarding lockups for $80 - Similar Threads - site offered solve

2. Issues regarding pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues regarding pc: So, recently my PC has started with this popup see below to sign in via work/school account. The issue I have is that the email that was orignally connected to it was my university email and now, after having left a couple of years, the university shut down older email...
  3. Issues regarding pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues regarding pc: So, recently my PC has started with this popup see below to sign in via work/school account. The issue I have is that the email that was orignally connected to it was my university email and now, after having left a couple of years, the university shut down older email...
  4. Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?: Hi there!I'm getting frequent lockups on my computer, typically but not reserved to when I'm playing a video or videogame NVIDIA GTX 1080. Here is my system info, along with the last appearing Kernel issue before the latest lockup. Below that is a look at events and...
  5. Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?: Hi there!I'm getting frequent lockups on my computer, typically but not reserved to when I'm playing a video or videogame NVIDIA GTX 1080. Here is my system info, along with the last appearing Kernel issue before the latest lockup. Below that is a look at events and...
  6. Frequent PC Lockups Kernel issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Weird PC lockups

Weird PC lockups: Hey guy/gals Recently I've been having random issues where the entire PC will just hard lock. The only way out is the power or reset switch. It seems to only happen while I'm on the internet with multiple tabs open. Doesn't matter the site or page, but I do notice the longer...
  8. issue regarding bluetooth of pC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    issue regarding bluetooth of pC: hello, I use windows 1064bits. I am facing Bluetooth malfunctioning. My pcs Bluetooth does not recognize devices nor is recognizable by any Bluetooth device and does not connect to nearby Bluetooth devices....
  9. Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues

Windows 1809 Freeze/Lockup Issues: What is the latest on this? Multiple posts on this in MS Communities but there seems to be no solution yet.Even with a clean boot and startups disabled it would freeze on boot and desktop and become unusable....
  10. Lockup - but Not lockup!?

in Windows 10 Support
    Lockup - but Not lockup!?: Having a very strange problem since the last update ... Every so often, but quite randomly my screen completely locks up - Now ... if I turn my TV screen on and off the lockup (90% of the time) fixes itself and I Can carry on doing what I was doing before it happened. So...