Windows 10: Sites are unable to detect my OS.

Discus and support Sites are unable to detect my OS. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10. I recently reset my PC so that I could re-install windows 10 thanks to an issue i was having with my WiFi. One day after doing... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by P4risAndStuff, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Sites are unable to detect my OS.

I'm using Windows 10. I recently reset my PC so that I could re-install windows 10 thanks to an issue i was having with my WiFi. One day after doing that, I'm using my usual main browser, Opera, and sites with DOSArrest are giving me the "463 Restricted Client" error, one gaming site thinks i'm on version ZERO of iOS even though i'm on a laptop with windows 10, I can't download software like gyazo because it thinks i'm on linux, google is loading an old version of its site, and this site isn't even displaying the buttons to let me format this post and add BBCode, so I have to type the BBCode myself.[br][br]I remember changing some flags on Opera last night, and I thought they were causing the issues, but even after resettings the changed flags, clearing my cookies and cache, and re-installing Opera, this issue is still happening.One thing I HAVE noticed, however, is that these failures to detect that I'm actually just on Windows 10 are only happening on Opera. But I love Opera, and don't wanna have to change my browser.... Does anybody know what I can do to fix this? Even Chrome, which is based on Chromium just like is working normally and is detecting that i'm on Windows 10 on all sites I go to.So, could this just be a browser-specific issue...? ---------- UPDATE: Oh wow, I can't even make my posts multi-line now. I am posting on Opera, yes.

:)

P4risAndStuff, Dec 19, 2016

2. my auddio is not working

my audio on any app or site is not working

they are saying unable to detect device

i used troubleshooter but it is not working also

6574927821885uyuvgvrtthbh, Dec 19, 2016
  3. Camera not working on Windows 10

I have a Toshiba Satellite C75-C Laptop with windows 10.

I am unable to detect the cam on the app itself.

No apps I have can detect a camera

The build of the OS is 10586.318

I cant see the cam driver either I have done a ton of troubleshooting, I have spent hours trying everything on this site as a fix to no avail.

HELP!!!

matthewodle, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Sites are unable to detect my OS.

I going to throw forward two ideas for you to check. I see Opera has a built in VPN feature however not having the program installed I'm not sure what capabilities it presents to you. It's unlikely blocking browser version but you mentioned sites with DOSArrest are alerting and a good VPN product obscures our addresses.

You may wish to see if feature is on and disable it. I know of no such built in feature in Chrome or Edge.

Second you said you reset flags you had changed but I'm not sure if you reset the browser. Resetting browser will mean loss of some stored settings and info. Some products when you uninstall leave some user info behind in case you re-install and just remove program. Again not being an Opera user you will have to research to see if this is the case, it does store info down your user name path.

There are articles at pchelpforum.net and guidingtech.com on resetting opera. They are slightly different. You will have to read. They both appear to be deleting files and allowing Opera to restore with defaults on restart.

Caledon Ken, Dec 20, 2016
Thema:

Sites are unable to detect my OS.

1. Sites are unable to detect my OS. - Similar Threads - Sites are unable

2. Windows 10 unable to detect my Android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to detect my Android phone: I don't see my Samsung android phone detected in file explorer. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-unable-to-detect-my-android-phone/ad6a0e9f-9091-4bbd-8777-1fa2db04b255"
  3. Unable to reach online site

Unable to reach online site: I am unable to reach a site that i have been using for years. Keep getting this message: Hmmm can't reach that page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reach-online-site/baf61a49-3db5-43ef-9545-9f9f9ecb03ca
  4. Unable to login on SOME secure sites

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to login on SOME secure sites: I may have some incorrect windows 10 security settings I am experiencing problems on some secure sites (but not all) that require login with password. They fail to log me in with my credentials using Chrome, but when I try the same with e.g. Edge I have no problem. Same when...
  5. Unable to login on SOME secure sites

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to login on SOME secure sites: I may have some incorrect windows 10 security settings I am experiencing problems on some secure sites (but not all) that require login with password. They fail to log me in with my credentials using Chrome, but when I try the same with e.g. Edge I have no problem. Same when...
  6. Unable to detect bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to detect bluetooth speaker: I CANT CONNECT my hp laptop and my tablet (both running windows 10) via bluetooth to my speaker. When I turn bluetooth on I search for devices and it is unable to find the speaker, it is still able to find my phone and some other devices. Furthermore my phone which uses...
  7. Unable to detect my wifi on laptop

Unable to detect my wifi on laptop: Hi, I am having trouble detecting my wifi on my laptop. All other devices in house can connect no problems. I can see all other wifi networks in area but not my own. Have down all the usual troubleshooting, updates etc but nothing seems to work. Was working fine 2days...
  8. unable to view site

unable to view site: Error logging in - Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested exception is javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: Unable to acquire JDBC Connection...
  9. Unable To Access Screen Sharing Sites

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable To Access Screen Sharing Sites: Hi, I'm trying to set up my daughter's laptop who's not at home. I decided that having a screen sharing program, such as join.me would be a good idea so that I can see what's going on over the distance from my computer. However, on neither computer can I access either of the...
  10. Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Pin Web Site to Start: I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog. The page is nowhere in the start screen and I have no issues with other web sites I've tried to pin. This is after a clean install and this occurred yesterday...