Windows 10: Sitting in system restore, things gone south.

Discus and support Sitting in system restore, things gone south. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, This thread is a follow up on my insider thread, where I had a small start menu issue, but now I found my self sitting and waiting for system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by GioXmen, Apr 6, 2016.

1. GioXmen Win User

Sitting in system restore, things gone south.

Hello,
    This thread is a follow up on my insider thread, where I had a small start menu issue, but now I found my self sitting and waiting for system restore to finish. This has gotten to the point where I believe the general support forum is more suited. Please I would be grateful if you could check out my insider thread, I will be looking at both. Windows 10 build insider build 14295 - Windows 10 Forums
    Currently I am on my phone...

:)

GioXmen, Apr 6, 2016
  2. John Ado Win User

Windows shows the total amount of RAM incorrectly

It could be what's causing the discrepancy. You may
    backup
    your system image before you switch to 64-Bit system. In in way, you can still restore your device to its exact same state just in case things went south.

John Ado, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Activation gone south

I purchased Win 8 directly from MS. I made the mistake of "upgrading" to Win 10. Now it tells me my key is not good. I was on the MS chat, as soon as I told him my problem, he forwarded me back to the page that I started from. I really cannot go back
    to the retailer that sold me Win 8 because it was MS.

On top of that I lost my WiFi, I now am running a 25' Cat 6 cable through the house on the floor. I also cannot access my programs because the Windows icon does not work. I am not happy with Win 10.

jimghunter1950, Apr 6, 2016
  4. GioXmen Win User

Biggest mistake was reinstalling the insider build and thus removing the roll back option...

GioXmen, Apr 6, 2016
  5. GioXmen Win User
    Restore failed because of an unexpected error...

The restore might have said it failed,but it has fixed EVERYTHING! three days of pain are finally over.

GioXmen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sitting in system restore, things gone south. - Similar Threads - Sitting system restore

2. Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore: I bought my laptop 3 days ago and it came with a free xbox game pass subscription. I didn't claim it right away but it was visible in the "included with device" section in the microsoft store. Yesterday I reverted to a restore point which was created on the laptop after setup...
  3. Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unclaimed xbox game pass gone after system restore: I bought my laptop 3 days ago and it came with a free xbox game pass subscription. I didn't claim it right away but it was visible in the "included with device" section in the microsoft store. Yesterday I reverted to a restore point which was created on the laptop after setup...
  4. All windows critical system restore or repair files are gone?

All windows critical system restore or repair files are gone?: Hi there,So this question is my last resort before I reinstall windows, I'm hoping for a fix.A few weeks ago my brand new pc started having issues. I'm using a LENOVO with Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS BUILD 22621.1992 if that helps.So the first issue that I encountered was the...
  5. System Restore Points gone after system reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Points gone after system reset?: Hi :I recently did a system reset without wiping my old data. Still I forgot to save some crucial Data and as I was about to do a system restore to undo my changes, I could not find a sytem restore point anymore. I tried rebooting in safe mode and look once again, still the...
  6. System Restore Points gone after system reset?

System Restore Points gone after system reset?: Hi :I recently did a system reset without wiping my old data. Still I forgot to save some crucial Data and as I was about to do a system restore to undo my changes, I could not find a sytem restore point anymore. I tried rebooting in safe mode and look once again, still the...
  7. Restore Point Gone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Point Gone: Hello,Before 'checking for updates', usually I run sfc scan, make a backup image (full or differential) with Macrium, and then chk for updates.Before starting, I checked size of "C" drive (system), it was about 28 GB, there was a 2 weeks old restore point.After making the...
  8. Restore Point Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore Point Gone: Hello,Before 'checking for updates', usually I run sfc scan, make a backup image (full or differential) with Macrium, and then chk for updates.Before starting, I checked size of "C" drive (system), it was about 28 GB, there was a 2 weeks old restore point.After making the...
  9. SSD Storage gone after using a system restore image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Storage gone after using a system restore image: Hi guys, Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 onto my new 1TB SSD after a few months of not having it. After installing I decided to use my system restore image so i can get all files and apps back. Once that was completed, I noticed that i got a notification saying that...
  10. restore points gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore points gone: just got October update now my restore points are gone how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/restore-points-gone/1f19d761-b1a3-488f-a50c-4921e7e94643