Windows 10: Situation with mouse in a game in windows 10

Discus and support Situation with mouse in a game in windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have installed windows 10 and I'm having a situation with World of Warcraft. As soon as I run the game, the mouse point desapears. With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by caduerler, Aug 7, 2015.

1. caduerler Win User

Situation with mouse in a game in windows 10

Hello, I have installed windows 10 and I'm having a situation with World of Warcraft.
    As soon as I run the game, the mouse point desapears.
    With windows 8 e 8.1 it happened as well, but I solved the problem using windows 7 compatibility mode and it used to work, but it is in windows 10.
    The mouse driver installed, configured and with apps installed.

The mouse is a Microsoft Wireless mouse 5000.
    I'd like to know very much what to do.

Thank you very much.

:)

caduerler, Aug 7, 2015

2. Mouse works in game menues but not in-game.

Hi Grimmox,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to use your mouse for gaming in Windows 10, be rest assured we are here to help.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Appreciate you for trying to fix the issue by yourself and also providing us with the detailed information on the issue.

Here's what we can do to fix the issue.

A. We can try to install the mouse drivers in compatible mode and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 7/8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

3. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

B. Also if the issue persist, I suggest you to post this same query on Xbox Forums as we have a team to help you with gaming issues.

http://forums.xbox.com/en-au/australia_general_xbox_discussion/f/1739/t/1618449.aspx

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Mouse works in game menues but not in-game.

Hello

Bought a new rig 6months ago with Win10 and after installing I have had issues with a few of my games.

The cursor is available in game menues

(in some games it's the one styled for the game.

In some games it's the windows standard one)

Note that in a few games the cursor wont actually allow me to select items,

but others do so perhaps thats just some offset I cant see

(switched all games to windows native resolution while testing problem)

In-Game the mouse buttons responds (left-click will fire gun, right click will aim and so on)

but I can not move/look using the mouse.

If I hook up a second monitor to the computer,

I notice that I can move the windows standard cursor freely between the displays.

It appear as if the game take commands from the mouse (for example fire gun)

but windows (or perhaps DirectX) wont actually allow the game to take Control of the mouse input commands.

Tried these solutions:

Standard solutions with other mice and updating Graphics driver

Trail and shadow settings for mouse

No Mouse Visible in games - Windows 7 Help Forums

Windowed mode solutions

Windows 8 Modern Warfare 3 Mouse doesn't work

The games in question is :

Mass Effect 2

Mass Effect 3

Bioshock Infinite

Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Wolfenstein New Order

Dragon Age Origin

A whole host of different games work just fine (L4D2, Blizzard games and GTA games to name a few)

I am trying to get hold of a game controller and test the functionality of that,

but some of these games doesnt even support controller.

Hardware:

GeForce GTX970 (364.72)

Intel i7-6700K

16Gb RAM

Grimmox2124, Aug 7, 2015
  4. SoxmisUK Win User

Mods! Shouldn't this guy be in Devices?

SoxmisUK, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Situation with mouse in a game in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Situation mouse game

2. the situation in Ukraine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the situation in Ukraine: Hello, my name is Andrey. I live in the city of Mytishchi, Moscow region of the Russian Federation. I am very sorry for the Ukrainians, because Russia attacked their homeland. I am categorically against war. Because of this situation in Ukraine, the American company Microsoft...
  3. the situation in Ukraine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the situation in Ukraine: Hello, my name is Andrey. I live in the city of Mytishchi, Moscow region of the Russian Federation. I am very sorry for the Ukrainians, because Russia attacked their homeland. I am categorically against war. Because of this situation in Ukraine, the American company Microsoft...
  4. Windows 11 situation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 situation: Hello community!!So this is my following situation. I was able to install Windows 11 and then while using my PC, simply browsing through the internet, I notice all of a sudden that my video cards fans start spinning fast as if I were to be playing a game and then my computer...
  5. Windows 11 situation

Windows 11 situation: Hello community!!So this is my following situation. I was able to install Windows 11 and then while using my PC, simply browsing through the internet, I notice all of a sudden that my video cards fans start spinning fast as if I were to be playing a game and then my computer...
  6. An interesting situation....

An interesting situation....: So, I've had the Win11 beta. At that time it didn't work well with my purposes, so I went back to WIN10. Now that it's ready, I'm trying to get it back, but the secure boot is giving me trouble. I have it enabled in BIOS, but "System Information" is telling me it's...
  7. An interesting situation....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An interesting situation....: So, I've had the Win11 beta. At that time it didn't work well with my purposes, so I went back to WIN10. Now that it's ready, I'm trying to get it back, but the secure boot is giving me trouble. I have it enabled in BIOS, but "System Information" is telling me it's...
  8. Intolerable situation with Sculpt comfort mouse disconnecting constantly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intolerable situation with Sculpt comfort mouse disconnecting constantly: HOW DO I GET SUPPORT FROM MICROSOFT TECH SUPPORT DIRECTLY?? THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 3 YEARS. I have 2 of these mice and have had continual problems on 3 different PCs.BECAUSE MORE THAN ONE PC AND MORE THAN ONE MOUSE IS AFFECTED, THIS MUST BE A DESIGN FLAW WITH...
  9. Windows 10 Ethernet situation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Ethernet situation: I just built a new computer everything is working fine, but i cannot connect to ethernet. I go to change adapter options and no files are the folder. The ethernet is properly plugged into the router and the computer, i just dont know how to get it to work on the computer,...
  10. Odd Windows 10 Reinstallation(?) Situation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Odd Windows 10 Reinstallation(?) Situation: So I needed to take the SSD out of my laptop running the most recent build of Windows 10 and edit some data on that SSD on a different computer using an external connector. When I put the SSD back in, I wasn't having any problems with the drive of the OS, but a few days later...