Windows 10: Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?

Discus and support Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft what is the size of the ISO that is created for X64 Windows Pro? The one I created is smaller than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Looey, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Looey Win User

Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?

When using the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft what is the size of the ISO that is created for X64 Windows Pro? The one I created is smaller than one I created from the install.esd file. The size I see is 3.10 GB (3,333,357,568 bytes). Can that be right?

:)

Looey, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Shenan Stanley, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Mafubu Win User
    a trojan via the official MediaCreationTool tool is that possible ?

Hi again. Just wanted to add that I tried creating a standalone x64 USB installer with a fresh copy of the Media Creation Tool and everything ran to completion without issue. However, when creating a combined x64/x86 USB installer, sure enough Defender popped
    up again with a Trojan warning. Same thing with creating another standalone x86 USB installer. But creating another standalone x64 USB installer right afterwards again showed nothing.

When the Media Creation Tool is downloading the files necessary for creating the x86 install media, Defender is happy. However, shortly after the tool begins the final step of actually writing the installation files to media (whether ISO or USB), Defender
    suddenly throws a fit.

Looks like Defender doesn't like something about the x86 installation files the media tool writes to ISO/USB. As a result, both standalone x86 and combined x64/x86 install media is affected.

Fortunately, standalone x64 media is fine.

Mafubu, Jul 29, 2015
  4. machare Win User

The iso I downloaded is 3,274,752 KB I have not used it.

machare, Jul 29, 2015
  5. banger Win User
    3.274gb here. For en-gb version.

banger, Jul 29, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    The ISO I received for Pro X64 was 3.225 GB in the folder display (as compared to 3.10 GB).

I don't know what could be different. I believe the x86 (32 bit) ISO is smaller. The X64 N (for Europe, without the media player) may also be smaller.

Can you mount the ISO (built in capability in Windows 8)? That'd let you know whether it is all there.

bobkn, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool? [​IMG]
    I renamed the iso - right click the windows.iso file and check properties. However in creating the installation files the Media Creation Tool creates a Panther folder which contains compressed logs relating to the state of the parent system you would be upgrading from, so the final size may vary.

Fafhrd, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool?

I got the exact same file size. But since I haven't used it yet, I can't confirm that it's "right".

sharksfan7, Jul 30, 2015
  9. Looey Win User
    Thanks for the replies. I used install.esd from the upgrade to create an ISO and it was different than what the media creation tool created. It must be the Panther folder mentioned by Fafhrd. Windows 10 upgrade has been very strange LOL.

Looey, Jul 30, 2015
  10. Looey Win User
    I can mount the ISO and create a DVD from it. I can also use the Windows 7 ISO tool to make a bootable flash drive from it. I think Fafhrd may have the answer to the difference sizes. I was skeptical because the size is different than one created from the install.esd file that was in the original upgrade download.

Looey, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Mine is 3,255,232KB - Windows 10 Pro X64 EN-US.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Size of ISO created by X64 Pro Media Creation Tool? - Similar Threads - Size ISO created

2. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  3. Creating a Media Creation tool 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a Media Creation tool 2004: I have down loaded the program from your web site. I am installing the program on a 256 scan disk thumb drive. The drive is correctly formatted. I follow all instructions. The program fully loads on the drive. It then goes into a verifying of down load. At 59% I get an error...
  4. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  5. Creating Featuire 1903 update ISO with Media Creation Tool

Creating Featuire 1903 update ISO with Media Creation Tool: Hello--I understand the process of using the Media Creation Tool to create the Feature 1903 ISO. I will use the MCT when I have access to a better internet connection in July. Feature 1903 Update has showed in the Separate Module in Windows Update on my notebook. So it is...
  6. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  7. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  8. Unable to create ISO to Redstone via Media Creation Tool

Unable to create ISO to Redstone via Media Creation Tool: Hello. The error is: 0x80070002 0x20016 I tried rewriting the "AllowOSUpgrade" in the registry (a method which was used in Threshold 2), yet not working. I'm running on my computer Windows 10 TH2. Thanks for anyone who may help 58702
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 iso from media download tool smaller

2. why is tue iso creatsd by the media creation tool smaller?