Windows 10: Sizing Start Menu

Discus and support Sizing Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have just updated to W 10 and have removed all the tiles.When I try to shrink the menu horizontally to just show the menu list it refuses.to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by willden, Aug 26, 2015.

1. willden Win User

Sizing Start Menu

Have just updated to W 10 and have removed all the tiles.When I try to shrink the menu horizontally to just show the menu list it refuses.to shrink.Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

:)

willden, Aug 26, 2015

2. Start Menu Size

Wrong? Hardly. You asked if it could be shrunk. I showed you it could. Good luck

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 26, 2015
  3. Start Menu Size

So you are saying that ZigZag3143 is incorrect and even an update will not work. Ok, thank you. I know it was a lot more versatile in Beta. I guess I can move them all to Medium so 3 across will fill it.

AnthonyWilkes, Aug 26, 2015
  4. DUFFER Win User

Sizing Start Menu

Friend, don't waste your time with the 10 menu, it sucks even worse than 7 and 8. Download Classic Shell and get back to sanity. If you are like me, you will appreciate it sooo much it will even be worth a donation.

DUFFER, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
  6. willden Win User
    Taken your advice and downloaded Classic Shell,solved all my problems thank you.

willden, Aug 27, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    Sizing  Start Menu [​IMG]
    Originally Posted by DUFFER
    Sizing  Start Menu [​IMG]

Friend, don't waste your time with the 10 menu, it sucks even worse than 7 and 8. Download Classic Shell and get back to sanity. If you are like me, you will appreciate it sooo much it will even be worth a donation.
    I am messing with the new Win 10 menu, and like some of it, but may go back to the old Classic Shell - as it always worked for me.
    Thanks to all who post help info here. All be safe. Cliff M.

acmanten, Aug 27, 2015
  8. DUFFER Win User

Sizing Start Menu

willden:
    Glad I could help. If you find the black themed taskbar hard to read, its colour can also be changed to a more civilized colour by Classic Shell. I have been with windows since the 286 and XT Turbo but have never meekly accepted what MS thinks I should want. It may take time but if you are pig headed enought, you can get a system that you are happy with. Now if only I can get rid of the damn task bar popups life will be good. Best of luck. (old) .

DUFFER, Aug 27, 2015
  9. Steve C Win User
    You can use both menus. Setup Classic Shell to open when you hover the mouse on the Start button and open the W10 Start Menu when you click on the start button - or you can set other options.

See the discussion I started at How to Configure the Start Menu

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sizing Start Menu

1. Sizing Start Menu - Similar Threads - Sizing Start Menu

2. Windows 11 start menu size increased.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu size increased.: After i installed dev channel 22504.1010, My taskbar start menu, search, task view, widgets, chat icons increased in size. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-menu-size-increased/64500d34-44ac-4d22-8da0-0d9ee5519051
  3. Start Menu App Size Too Small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu App Size Too Small: I cannot find a way to make certain app icons to appear full The steam is what I dont want my apps to look like, But the pink game with the face is what I want my apps to look like, I dont want to change any text along with this....
  4. Start Menu size has decreased automatically

Start Menu size has decreased automatically: The Start Menu's size and font got decreased automatically .The screenshot of the following is given below [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-size-has-decreased-automatically/b16c4d5f-18c9-407c-b296-ab4f5425bf70
  5. Custom size start menu pins?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom size start menu pins?: Why can't we have pins on start bar that are one and a half medium fields in size? submitted by /u/obscure_greenleaf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrscd9/custom_size_start_menu_pins/
  6. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  7. Start Menu size

Start Menu size: We can make the Start Menu taller/shorter (mine is as short as it gets) & wider/skinnier (mine is as skinny as it gets). Is there a way (perhaps through the registry) that we can change the size limits? I'd like mine even skinnier. [img] Also, how can I change my Games...
  8. Start menu button size

Start menu button size: How do I change the size of the menu buttons in the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-button-size/9aea2aec-bd37-4def-845b-0b01d1631434
  9. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  10. Start Menu font size

Start Menu font size: Has anyone figured out how to increase the font size and/or font type in the start menu? All the regular "personalize" options are basically for desktop and text and borders and the like, but nothing for the menu itself. These old eyes are hurtin' !!!! Turning the...