Windows 10: Skip Ahead to Next Release for Windows 10 Insiders in Fast Ring

Discus and support Skip Ahead to Next Release for Windows 10 Insiders in Fast Ring in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Skip Ahead to Next Version of Windows 10 for Insiders in Fast Ring How to Choose to Skip Ahead to Next Version of Windows 10 for Insiders in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Skip Ahead to Next Release for Windows 10 Insiders in Fast Ring

How to: Skip Ahead to Next Version of Windows 10 for Insiders in Fast Ring

How to Choose to Skip Ahead to Next Version of Windows 10 for Insiders in Fast Ring

Fast ring will see a Skip ahead to the next Windows release drop-down in their Windows Insider Program Settings.

See also: Insider Previews updates, rings and support | Windows Insider Program

Starting with Windows 10 build 19018, Microsoft will not be offering Skip Ahead as an option for Insiders to sign-up for.

Skip Ahead to Next Release for Windows 10 Insiders in Fast Ring [​IMG]

This tutorial will show you how to skip ahead to the RS_PRERELEASE branch for 20H1 builds of Windows 10 for Insiders in the Fast ring.

*Warning You must be signed in as an Fast ring to skip ahead.

*Warning Before choosing to skip ahead – there are a few things to keep in mind: builds from RS_PRERELEASE will get less stable as teams start checking in new code. So just like Insider Preview builds usually are after a Windows 10 release, things will likely be a little rough. If this concerns you or makes you uncomfortable dont choose to skip ahead and simply wait for the Fast ring to transition back to RS_PRERELEASE down the road. Microsoft also needs to have Windows Insiders in the Fast ring helping them get Windows 10 RS6 ready and giving them feedback on issues they are experiencing. So there will be a limit as to how many Windows Insiders can skip ahead. Once that limit is met, the UI on the flight settings page will notify Windows Insiders trying to choose to skip ahead that its been closed.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Skip Ahead to Next Version of Windows 10 from Settings
    • Option Two: Skip Ahead to tNext Version of Windows 10 using a REG file

OPTION ONE [/i] Skip Ahead to Next Version of Windows 10 from Settings
    1. While signed in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account, open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & recovery icon.

2. Click/tap on Windows Insider Program on the left side, and click/tap on the current ring (ex: Fast) under Pick your Insider settings on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (dot) Skip ahead, and click/tap on the Back (arrow) button at the top left corner. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Skip Ahead to Next Version of Windows 10 using a REG file
    *note The downloadable .reg file below will modify the string values in the registry keys below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability

BranchName string value
    external = Skip ahead
    ContentType string value
    Skip = Skip ahead
    Ring string value
    WIF = Skip ahead
    *Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Selection

UIBranch string value
    external = Skip ahead
    UIContentType string value
    Skip = Skip ahead
    UIRing string value
    WIF = Skip ahead
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Skip_ahead.reg

Download
    2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 3, 2017
  2. DUCKS1951 Win User

Build 16251 Skip Ahead to Next Windows Release

Mike P,

The only two ways I know is from Updates or ISO. The ISO is not for every Build.

Can you tell me another way.

Thanks,

Tony

DUCKS1951, Aug 3, 2017
  3. slance310 Win User
    Build 16251 Skip Ahead to Next Windows Release

Hi,

You're welcome... It took me awhile to figure out what was going on as well...

slance310, Aug 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 30, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    Thanks for this tutorial Brink, worked like a charm.

swarfega, Mar 8, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Nick. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Skip Ahead to Next Release for Windows 10 Insiders in Fast Ring - Similar Threads - Skip Ahead Next

2. Windows 10 Insider Fast ring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Insider Fast ring: i was using my laptop fine last night, and then this morning when i turned it on, it won't boot tried advanced startup, uninstall feature, and last installed updates - nothing tried booting safe mode - nothing please help...
  3. Microsoft ends Skip Ahead Windows Insiders ring

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft ends Skip Ahead Windows Insiders ring: Microsoft released a new Windows 10 Insider Preview build yesterday to the Fast Ring that brings the build number to 19018. Brandon LeBlanc, Senior Program Manager of the Windows Insider Program, revealed on the Windows Experience blog that Microsoft made the decision to...
  4. Windows Insiders Lost Skip Ahead

Windows Insiders Lost Skip Ahead: I was in skip ahead and now I am in fast. I tried to back to Skip Ahead and I am receiving message that it is closed. I am running Build 18932. Thanks, Tony...
  5. New Sticky Notes 3.1 released to Windows 10 Insiders in Skip Ahead

in Windows 10 News
    New Sticky Notes 3.1 released to Windows 10 Insiders in Skip Ahead: #WindowsInsiders, Skip Ahead * We tested the waters with Charcoal Note and you all seemed keen to go even darker. Introducing full-on Dark Mode! * Sync is even faster now, including to your phone via iOS and Android #OneNote, rolling out now! [img] Tweet — Twitter API...
  6. Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 now available for Fast and Skip Ahead Ring

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 Build 18252 now available for Fast and Skip Ahead Ring: Microsoft is pushing out a new Windows 10 preview build 18252 from the 19H1 branch for both Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. This is the first 19H1 preview build which is going out to Fast Ring after the company released the Windows 10 October 2018 Update yesterday to all users....
  7. SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE

SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE: When I select this option it, automatically reverted. My Question is When SKIP AHEAD TO WINDOW RELEASE will OPEN, because now it's closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/skip-ahead-to-next-window-release/660431cb-4fa0-49bc-9ba4-55279ee282d3
  8. Windows 10 build 17704 is now live for Fast Ring and Skip Ahead Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 build 17704 is now live for Fast Ring and Skip Ahead Insiders: Microsoft today is pushing out a new Windows 10 build 17704 for Fast And Skip Ahead Insiders. The latest build comes with many new features for Microsoft Edge and a whole new Skype app along with fixes for lot of issues and improvements. The new build is part of the Redstone...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC: UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC to Windows...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17035 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17035 for PC: UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC to Windows...