Windows 10: Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update?

Discus and support Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Wait a good 2 to 3 months after it comes out, everyone and their brother will be trying to update, I wait at least 6 months *Smile or even a full year.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018.

1. AddRAM Win User

Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update?

Wait a good 2 to 3 months after it comes out, everyone and their brother will be trying to update, I wait at least 6 months *Smile or even a full year. I have Pro so I can do that.

But if I hear great things, maybe I`ll install it on the Z170 a bit sooner.

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
  2. x509 Win User

I have multiple Win 10 Pro installs on my main system (I had extra Win 7 licenses from an old job.) and I multiboot using EasyBCD. However, I don't use these other installs very often and I don't think they have been updated even with the original Creators Update.

For the Spring Creators Update, I plan to use the MS Tool to create an update USB and update each of my main systems off this USB. Can I also update the other Win 10 Pro installs, the ones I don't use often, with this tool? Or do I first need to install all the older updates?

:)

3. garybear89, Apr 11, 2018
  4. (Asad) Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar appear in fullscreen video

Sorry for the wrong info earlier, i claimed that the issue is resolved i stand corrected. The problem is still pretty much there. I am on version 1709 Build16299.334. Latest windows stable version. Spring creators update is just a week away I have my fingers
    crossed. Can anyone in the insider community or spring creators update version 1803 confirm that the issue is resolved or still there?

(Asad), Apr 11, 2018
  5. You should be able to update right to 1803.

I say this as I used the tool to go from 1607 to 1709. Can't see why it would be different.

We also recommended the in place repair / upgrade to get members issues fixed.

Caledon Ken, Apr 11, 2018
  6. swarfega Win User
    You should be able to once Media Creation Tool is updated.

swarfega, Apr 11, 2018
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Yes, I agree: once an ISO for the 1803 release becomes available, you should be able to use it to jump straight into that release. Besides the MCT, you should also be able to grab it through HeiDoc.net's excellent Windows ISO Downloader. Same goes for the UUP-dump miniserver from Github.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 13, 2018
  8. swarfega Win User

I would think twice about installing it now though on a main machine as they appear to have blocker bugs preventing its general release. Wait for the general availability of 1803.

swarfega, Apr 13, 2018
  9. x509 Win User
    Culumative thanks to all who replied.*Biggrin

Thema:

1. Skip earlier Updates and go straight to Spring Creators Update? - Similar Threads - Skip earlier Updates

2. Spring Creators Update 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  3. windows 10 spring creators update

windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  4. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  5. another way to get Creators Update (spring)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    another way to get Creators Update (spring): Installed 1803 from a converted ISO back before April 10th, after backing up all the data, currently having no issues--in place upgrade at the time, planning clean install when real build comes out whenever that is. So far runs all my games good, and such. I know was taking a...
  6. Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date: Why are they waiting until April 10th to release this major update? It should be done by now for them to release it this week. 107233
  7. So did anyone get spring creators update?

in Windows 10 Support
    So did anyone get spring creators update?: I read that it was going to some users the other day and wanna know if people have gotten it yet. As well as want to know what Microsoft borked this time. 107267
  8. Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803)

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Cortana and Web Search for the Spring Creators Update (1803): Try this one, but it probably does not work for Home. Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search" /v "DoNotUseWebResults" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f Policy CSP - Search | Microsoft Docs[/quote] No luck with this one too for Home ed. Thanks for...
  9. Preparing System for Spring Creators

in Windows 10 Support
    Preparing System for Spring Creators: Hi All Preparing system for the upcoming Spring Creators, right now removed with Revo uninstaller games hardly used, backed up personal files, and such, debating on leaving Avast in or using Defender on my Intel I7 Desktop. Might do a clean install of the Spring...
  10. Will next Windows 10 version be called 'The Spring Creators Update'?

in Windows 10 News
    Will next Windows 10 version be called 'The Spring Creators Update'?: the name has slipped out, apparently... Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 103913