Windows 10: SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight

Discus and support SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks SKY have finally arrived in C21 -- desktop app for windows works fine on 1803 -- no Silverlight etc needed. No browser either --stand alone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Jun 3, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight

Hi folks
    SKY have finally arrived in C21 -- desktop app for windows works fine on 1803 -- no Silverlight etc needed. No browser either --stand alone app now.I think the DRM is controlled by Videoguard -- fine by me no prob if you have a subscription to the service. Anything was better than Silverlight. !!!!

Note after starting application to get back to the TV channels screen select the X (i.e close the current screen )and the channel list will appear. You can operate either in Windowed (expandable with no menu tabs etc) or full screen mode.

Much much better than being dependant on a browser -- seems SKY have finally got something right.

For Windows : Sky Go Installer | Sky.com

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 3, 2018

2. Silverlight and Sky Go

Hi all!

I've been having a few issues with Sky Go on my Windows 10 laptop.

I work for Sky so have followed their troubleshooting steps (uninstall, reinstall, change settings and try a different browser) and none of these have worked

I've also followed this link
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2608523
    with the steps and that's not resolved it either.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated as I'm losing my mind!

Thanks in advance

KaylaL1991, Jun 4, 2018
  3. sky go

I've spoken to sky UK this week and at present they are not working on an app. There is a thread about this on sky's forum giving some of the excuses why they aren't doing it, including lack of silverlight support.

Unfortunately Nokia cannot make the app without sky's support and permission so at present it doesn't look like one will be coming soon.

Personally i'd be happy with an app that just allowed you to set remote records as sky has blocked the unofficial apps from working with it's system.

psychomania---01, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight

1. SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight - Similar Threads - SKY app working

2. Sky Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sky Go: My Sky Go App has suddenly stopped working on my PC. A box opens which says 'checking for updates' and then it just closes. I've run Troubleshoot which refers me to run Aero Control Panel>Appearance but I don't appear to have Aero. Any advice? Thanks...
  3. Silverlight stops working for an app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Silverlight stops working for an app: I have recently upgraded to a new laptop, and am slowly installing all my stuff on to it. This includes the Blackstar Amp application. I had to download Silverlight for it to work, which I did, and the app worked for a week, then suddenly stopped, with an error message...
  4. sky go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sky go: hi my windows 10 will not allow me to download sky go , keep getting message to load aero theme when i fallow the info on set the theme nothing will load , any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-go/91de9049-8601-46ce-a8a8-c77046c67915
  5. Sky go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sky go: Having problems watching sky go I have HP window 10. Sky cant help HP cant help. When I watch sky go it stutters and it echos.. I bought my laptop on the 30th October 2019 not old.. I don't have trouble with sky go on window 7 or 8.. its very frustrating as I bought it...
  6. SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes

SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes: Hi folks Users of the SKY GO service on Windows now can access recordings made on a SKY Q box. This is a great update -- especially as you can use the built in app on SKY Q to record Netflix stuff to watch later --SKY Q now has Netflix app (Finally !!). It's now a stand...
  7. Spartan SKY GO stream / DRM Videos not working (SILVERLIGHT issue)

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan SKY GO stream / DRM Videos not working (SILVERLIGHT issue): Hi there. @Mods - perhaps you could move this post to the one in Browsers as there's already a good thread on SPARTAN. SPARTAN Browser not enabling Silverlight -- seems no plugins can be enabled. DRM streams won't work currently. IE11 ====>OK working fine (Build...
  8. SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed

in Browsers and Email
    SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed: Hi there. EDGE won't play SKY GO -- needs Silverlight and currently Silverlight doesn't support these types of "Addins". IE11 still works for this though. Seems edge needs a lot more work to make it a genuine replacement for other browsers Cheers jimbo 9974
  9. SKY GO - edge, IE11 and silverlight What a dogs dinner of a mess

SKY GO - edge, IE11 and silverlight What a dogs dinner of a mess: Hi there What a DOGS DINNER of a mess -- SKY GO is still using Silverlight for DRM - however it's deprecated in Windows so sooner or later IE11 won't work with it. Edge of course doesn't work with it, and the non Ms browsers seem randomly to work or not work. This is...
  10. Sky Go

Sky Go: Sky Go App doesn't work in W10, I have tried different Silverlight settings to no avail! *Sad 13693