Windows 10: SKY GO on a Virtual Machine

Discus and support SKY GO on a Virtual Machine in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks anybody here managed to get SKY GO up and running on a Windows Virtual Machine. I'm bashing my head against a brick wall here.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Aug 12, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

SKY GO on a Virtual Machine

Hi folks

anybody here managed to get SKY GO up and running on a Windows Virtual Machine.

I'm bashing my head against a brick wall here.

Netflix, BBC Iplayer and Amazon prime all work perfectly so what's with SKY. - Even BT sports works fine on a VM.

Once Netflix / Amazon can distribute the equivalent of SKY SPORTS I'll ditch the whole SKY package -- seems they are still stuck in "The Dinosaur Age" --for example who needs Silverlight and IE 11 to get the wretched thing to work in the first place.

My English colleagues say it can't be done - but I don't give up that easily --and in any case why shouldn't it work --you are allowed 4 devices on SKY GO EXTRA -- a VM should definitely work if it has enough hardware resources which mine does.

When I'm in the UK I've PAID for this service so it should work !!!! -- The graphics card is no problem and the DRM should work just as well on a VM as a real machine.

Maybe Customer service is a long ago distant concept in "Blighty" these days --who knows. Unfortunately that seems to be getting true in the rest of the planet as well -- although a topic for another Forum. !!!!

Strange thing is --works fine from an android phone or tablet - which AFAIK don't use Sliverlight.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 12, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

insider programs on a virtual machine

If your computer lacks VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration it cannot run virtual machines.

BulldogXX, Aug 12, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    insider programs on a virtual machine

Not only is it possible, it's a great idea.

That's exactly what I do. My Insider's builds of Windows 10 run in a virtual machine. The thing to remember is that as far as Windows activation is concerned, a virtual machine is just like another computer, so you are supposed to get a license for the VM.
    I wouldn't worry about, because this is not going to be your 'real' copy of Windows 10.

BulldogXX, Aug 12, 2017
Thema:

SKY GO on a Virtual Machine

1. SKY GO on a Virtual Machine - Similar Threads - SKY Virtual Machine

2. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  3. SKY TV viewers (or SKY GO as well)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKY TV viewers (or SKY GO as well): Hi folks Is there any thing on the SKY TV platform that performs a search - whether on sky go or otherwise if you say on demand or whatever - you get an endless parade of icons across the screen but (at least I haven't found it) there's no search facility. Every other...
  4. Sky Go

Sky Go: My Sky Go App has suddenly stopped working on my PC. A box opens which says 'checking for updates' and then it just closes. I've run Troubleshoot which refers me to run Aero Control Panel>Appearance but I don't appear to have Aero. Any advice? Thanks...
  5. sky go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sky go: hi my windows 10 will not allow me to download sky go , keep getting message to load aero theme when i fallow the info on set the theme nothing will load , any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-go/91de9049-8601-46ce-a8a8-c77046c67915
  6. Sky go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sky go: Having problems watching sky go I have HP window 10. Sky cant help HP cant help. When I watch sky go it stutters and it echos.. I bought my laptop on the 30th October 2019 not old.. I don't have trouble with sky go on window 7 or 8.. its very frustrating as I bought it...
  7. SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes

SKY GO users with SKY "Q" boxes: Hi folks Users of the SKY GO service on Windows now can access recordings made on a SKY Q box. This is a great update -- especially as you can use the built in app on SKY Q to record Netflix stuff to watch later --SKY Q now has Netflix app (Finally !!). It's now a stand...
  8. SKY GO on a Virtual Windows Machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    SKY GO on a Virtual Windows Machine: Hi folks anybody managed to get SKY GO to work on a Virtual Machine yet - under any virtualisation system (VBOX,VMWare,HYPER-V,KVM etc) --it installs OK but when you start it you just get left with a black screen. There's no problem running on a real machine and I can't see...
  9. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...
  10. Sky Go

Sky Go: Sky Go App doesn't work in W10, I have tried different Silverlight settings to no avail! *Sad 13693

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sky go virtual machine

2. sky ticket virtual machine

3. skygo virtual machine