Windows 10: SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed

Discus and support SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there. EDGE won't play SKY GO -- needs Silverlight and currently Silverlight doesn't support these types of "Addins". IE11 still works for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed

Hi there.

EDGE won't play SKY GO -- needs Silverlight and currently Silverlight doesn't support these types of "Addins".

IE11 still works for this though.

Seems edge needs a lot more work to make it a genuine replacement for other browsers

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jul 29, 2015

2. skygo on surfacepro 3

Hi I bought a surface pro 3 yesterday and it now has windows 10.

When I go to the sky go website, it asks for Silverlight. When I now try to play sky progs it is still asking for Silverlight, even though ican see in my apps that Silverlight is installed?

Anyone know if this is an impossible task?

Thanks

diddy1000jm, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Silverlight not working on Windows 10

Hi,

So my sky go wasn't working so I uninstalled Silverlight then reinstalled an older version, sky go still didn't work and I needed to update Silverlight again but now I cant get the update so I uninstalled Silverlight again went to install the newest version
    and that wont install either. So now my laptop has no Silverlight, I have been on the windows website and followed the fixing advice but still no luck. Someone please help !

Also if anyone knows how to get sky go to work that be brill too (been attempting sky go on both IE and firefox) but main focus is Silverlight right now. Will resetting it to factory settings work ???

I have a brand new hp laptop with windows 10.

Please help !

Original title: silverlight

Trotty_523, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed

1. SKY GO won't play in Edge -Silverlight needed - Similar Threads - SKY won't play

2. Sky Go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sky Go: My Sky Go App has suddenly stopped working on my PC. A box opens which says 'checking for updates' and then it just closes. I've run Troubleshoot which refers me to run Aero Control Panel>Appearance but I don't appear to have Aero. Any advice? Thanks...
  3. sky go

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sky go: hi my windows 10 will not allow me to download sky go , keep getting message to load aero theme when i fallow the info on set the theme nothing will load , any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-go/91de9049-8601-46ce-a8a8-c77046c67915
  4. Sky go

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sky go: Having problems watching sky go I have HP window 10. Sky cant help HP cant help. When I watch sky go it stutters and it echos.. I bought my laptop on the 30th October 2019 not old.. I don't have trouble with sky go on window 7 or 8.. its very frustrating as I bought it...
  5. SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight

SKY GO app now working without a browser and no silverlight: Hi folks SKY have finally arrived in C21 -- desktop app for windows works fine on 1803 -- no Silverlight etc needed. No browser either --stand alone app now.I think the DRM is controlled by Videoguard -- fine by me no prob if you have a subscription to the service. Anything...
  6. Spartan SKY GO stream / DRM Videos not working (SILVERLIGHT issue)

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan SKY GO stream / DRM Videos not working (SILVERLIGHT issue): Hi there. @Mods - perhaps you could move this post to the one in Browsers as there's already a good thread on SPARTAN. SPARTAN Browser not enabling Silverlight -- seems no plugins can be enabled. DRM streams won't work currently. IE11 ====>OK working fine (Build...
  7. Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!!: Hi there As SKY GO is a popular application I would suggest SKY TV and Ms get their acts together pretty quick. Edge doesn't work (not supported any more !!). [img] I'm trying to download (LEGALLY) some of the box sets for watching later as per my SKY GO EXTRA...
  8. Any Sky Go users here we need SKY to start using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Any Sky Go users here we need SKY to start using Edge: Hi there. Just wondering if there are any SKY GO users here --I love it for UK football (Premier league on Sky sports). However because it still uses Silverlite security one is forced to continue to use IE11 (although I believe there are some unofficial workarounds to get...
  9. Edge + SKY GO - FAIL, IE11 + Sky Go - Pass (Windows 10 PRO RTM)

in Browsers and Email
    Edge + SKY GO - FAIL, IE11 + Sky Go - Pass (Windows 10 PRO RTM): Hi there While Silverlight is as everybody knows RUBBISH it IS a requirement for watching SKY GO on Windows. Sky GO on Android doesn't use it so It must be possible for Ms to have some other method of protecting DRM material. So (and SKY GO is used by loads of SKY...
  10. SKY GO - edge, IE11 and silverlight What a dogs dinner of a mess

SKY GO - edge, IE11 and silverlight What a dogs dinner of a mess: Hi there What a DOGS DINNER of a mess -- SKY GO is still using Silverlight for DRM - however it's deprecated in Windows so sooner or later IE11 won't work with it. Edge of course doesn't work with it, and the non Ms browsers seem randomly to work or not work. This is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sky go on edge