Windows 10: SKY Q 4K UHD TV - any decent software for watching UHD video

Discus and support SKY Q 4K UHD TV - any decent software for watching UHD video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I've seen some Olympic Games and English Premier league football in 4K with a colleagues SKY Q box --brilliant -- makes the old 1080i look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Aug 16, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

SKY Q 4K UHD TV - any decent software for watching UHD video

Hi there

I've seen some Olympic Games and English Premier league football in 4K with a colleagues SKY Q box --brilliant -- makes the old 1080i look a bit like standard DVD on a reasonably sized TV. (48 inch or bigger).

Any stand alone software to stream UHD content to a UHD TV (PLEX only supports a limited 4K subset for streaming). Note Chromecast dongles --don't even THINK about it !!!!! although knowing google they should get their act together if there is demand.

Mind you the current crop of movies (all seem to be re-boot 47 or so of an old series --not much new !!) so it might be a while - but I'm sure if Hollywood can get its act together and release some brand new movies (c'mon writers out there - give us something new - not the same old series that has been re-jigged for its 97th incarnation).

Any chance also of some UHD recording and re-ripping software - would have to be minimum of 2160 X 3180 and if eventually 8K - but you'd need a screen the size of a HOUSE to make that worth while (7680 X 4320). Beware if you have capped download limits and you want to stream this sort of stuff -- I think Netflix is rolling out some decent 4K UHD stuff soon.

There's Limited support for plex but not much yet

From the Plex forums :

Vizio TV, 4K limited to H265. Why? — Plex Forums

BTW 3D TV was a real dog and deserved to die - nobody wants to wear those stupid glasses etc - but proper 4K UHD is in a totally different league.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 16, 2016

2. Dell Laptop Touch Screen Glitches after Watching Video in Microsoft Movies & Video App

The hardware on the device is capable of handling and playing a 4K UHD video. I can stream the very same videos via a browser once uploaded to YouTube in UHD without this issue. I can also watch the same videos using Adobe Premiere without this issue. The
    issue only occurs when viewing the video using Microsoft's Movies & TV software. Incidentally, Microsoft Windows Media Player works without issue as well.

I also recorded a video in 1080P and have the same issue using Microsoft Movies & TV.

I guess the ultimate solution is not to use your Movies & TV software to view videos.

turbojimmy68, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Dell Laptop Touch Screen Glitches after Watching Video in Microsoft Movies & Video App

Okay - this is a strange one. It started happening after I tried to watch videos in my newly acquired DJI drone. The videos are 4K UHD. I have not had this issue playing any other file. While watching - completely at random - the touchscreen will start to
    glitch. I can see "impressions" on the screen as if I'm touching it. It will select applications at random. If I'm lucky enough to get the Task Manager open and shut down Movies & Videos, the behavior still continues. I have to hard power down the machine.

Any ideas?

turbojimmy68, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

SKY Q 4K UHD TV - any decent software for watching UHD video

1. SKY Q 4K UHD TV - any decent software for watching UHD video - Similar Threads - SKY UHD decent

2. Video glitch? Intel UHD 655

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video glitch? Intel UHD 655: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gintoro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tt3868/video_glitch_intel_uhd_655/
  3. Decent 4K UHD TV / Monitor (48 / 52 inch) any ideas please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Decent 4K UHD TV / Monitor (48 / 52 inch) any ideas please: Hi folks any suggestions on a really good 4K UHD TV / monitor -- the ones I've all seen -- even quite expensive models seem to have quite poor brightness / contrast and Black and white doesn't have the crisp brilliant white and deep black when watching black and white...
  4. Decent 4K UHD TV / Monitor (48 / 52 inch) any ideas please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Decent 4K UHD TV / Monitor (48 / 52 inch) any ideas please: Hi folks any suggestions on a really good 4K UHD TV / monitor -- the ones I've all seen -- even quite expensive models seem to have quite poor brightness / contrast and Black and white doesn't have the crisp brilliant white and deep black when watching black and white...
  5. 4K UHD Movies won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4K UHD Movies won't play: Where do I get the SGX driver for Windows 10 so I can run my 4K UHD movies on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4k-uhd-movies-wont-play/8b5b904b-502a-470a-bd0c-558e50cee10d
  6. how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd...: how do i get 4k uhd hdr to work in windows 10 ver 1803 windows will not recognize 4k uhd hdr 2160p monitors or 4k uhd hdr nvidia geforce gpu according to the internet windows 10 is suppose to feature uhd hdr in 4k.. windows has never been able to project a desktop display...
  7. Free 4K UHD Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Free 4K UHD Wallpaper: i would like to share my 4k uhd 3840x2160 wallpapers. i hope you liked. [img] [img] [img] 38365
  8. Upscaling resolution standard DVDs for large 4k UHD TV's (132 CM etc)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upscaling resolution standard DVDs for large 4k UHD TV's (132 CM etc): Hi there anybody got a link to some sort of program / converter that can do a reasonable job of upscaling standard DVD resolution to be seen decently on largish ( > 52 ins / 132 cm / 4K UHD TV's ). I can get the DVD as an image ISO or even a lossless conversion to...
  9. Problem with Windows 10 and uhd tv

Problem with Windows 10 and uhd tv: Hi I was using my computer with a HD TV, and I disabled the monitor in the settings. Now I have upgraded my TV to a uhd but it says there is no signal. If I unplugged the TV from the computer I can get the monitor back, but I can't set the settings for the TV, because I...
  10. UHD 4K graphic cards -- any good ones

UHD 4K graphic cards -- any good ones: Hi there Any good 4K UHD graphic cards out there -- I'm not a gamer so I don't need all the 3-D and Direct X stuff but a really good (2D) 4K graphics card that I could use on Photoshop etc (Pro level photos etc) without blowing up the computer or computer running really...