Windows 10: Sky router and wi fi problems.

Discus and support Sky router and wi fi problems. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by philkemp, Aug 6, 2018.

1. philkemp Win User

Sky router and wi fi problems.

I recently changed my graphics from an AD Radeon to an Nvidea Geoforce graphics card and I have since not been able to connect my pc to the Internet.
    I run my sky router by lead direct from my pc but it doesn't want to connect. It is most frustrating, as the wifi is working fine for everything else. The only light not working on the router is the Sky+ light.
    When I try and diagnose the wifi connection, all it will tell me is that the ethernet does not have a valid ip address.
    I am really confused about this. Can anyone help please?

:)

philkemp, Aug 6, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

• Launch Control Panel.
    • Click "Network and Internet."
    • Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    • Click "Wi-Fi...."
    • Click "Wireless Properties."
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Check "Show characters."
    • Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Aug 6, 2018
  3. lukyluc56 Win User
    Unable to see the local router Wi-Fi network

I am working on a friend HP All-in-one system that has a Wi-Fi interface. It came with Windows 10 so there has been no upgrade from a previous version of Windows. Some of the System Specification:

HP 23-r119c All-in-One Desktop PC
    Intel Core i3-4170T CPU
    8 GB of memory
    Integrated Intel HD Graphics
    Realtek ALC3228 sound
    Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n fetirung 2.4 Ghz 1 x 1 technology
    (Shows in device manager as a Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adaptor)
    1TB Disk drive
    CD/DVD burner drive

Side note I am not sitting at the system now and have no access. I am trying to see if anyone has seen an issue exactly like that. I did lots of research, seen lots of issues reported that are similar but none that fit my exact symptoms. Most fixes reported for issues where a Wi-Fi network is not showing up did not work for me.

So here it is. The connection to the local Wi-Fi router used to work fine. The name of the Wi-Fi network is BELL500. At some point in time the Wi-Fi network BELL500 disappeared. It does not show when I click on the Wi-Fi icon on the task bar. But other Wi-Fi networks do show up. Here is what I have tried so far.

• 1- Using my own laptop I was able to connect to the local Wi-Fi network BELL500 and had access to the Internet. So router and service provider are fine.
    • 2- Downloaded the Wi-Fi adaptor driver from HP and install. To do so I first uninstall the device from the device manager and then ran the installation script I downloaded from HP. The Wi-FI adaptor was created and available network showed up. But the problem persists. Connection is not possible to local Wi-Fi network BELL500 since it is not listed in the available network.
    • 3- Perform and sfc /scannow. There was no problem found. The problem is still there, the Wi-Fi network BELL500 does not show up.
    • 4- Connected to a Wi-Fi network available from the list that had no security. It connected but it is a guest network and needed more credential to continue that I did not have.
    • 5- Enabled my iPhone connection sharing. It showed up on the Wi-Fi list indicated that the service to discover the network also worked fine.
    • 6- Tried to add and configure manually using control panel the BELL500 network. Even tried to use a different name. Did not work, never came up as a possible network to connect.
    • 7- Shutdown the All-in-One system. Powered off/on the Wi-Fi router and waited for connection to work. Rebooted the All-in-One. There is no change for the local Wi-Fi network BELL500 it still did not show up. Other networks do show up.
    • 8- Re-enable my iPhone connection sharing. It appeared on the All-in-One and I made the connection. I was able to get the All-in-One on the internet and it worked fine.

From all that it seems as if the Wi-Fi adaptor on the All-in-One worked fine, the Windows 10 services to discover and make connection to Wi-Fi network work fine and the router also worked fine. But from some weird and unknown reason the local Wi-Fi network BELL500 has disappeared and we are unable to get it back.

I executed a “netsh wlan show all” before and after the reboot. I put the result in 2 files that I have attached. Never saw the BELL500 network. The output are in french. If there is anything you need translated let me know. One thing I found strange on the output is that in the list of SSID there is one with no name. I tried the same command and I never saw an entry like that on my laptop.

One thing I forgot to do while trying to fix the problem was to search the registry to find if the BELL500 is listed anywhere. Is it possible that the Wi-Fi network BELL500 is still present somewhere in the registry, but that the registry entry is in a way that it would not display on the list, be listed with the netsh wlan command, would prevent the network to be rediscover and could not be used. If I found any entries in de registry with the BELL500 network should I delete them? Any idea as to what I should look at or do to try to clear the situation.

Thank you,

Luc

lukyluc56, Aug 6, 2018
  4. SIN
    Sin Win User

Silicon Power Launches Sky Share S10 Wi-Fi SD Card

Silicon Power, the world's leading provider of memory storage solutions proudly launches its brand-new Wi-Fi SD card - the Sky Share S10 Wi-Fi SD card. Combined with the application of Wi-Fi technology and the storage function of an ordinary memory card, Sky Share S10 features its multiple functions allowing users to transfer and share photos instantaneously. Are you not a fan of photos or videos taken on your mobile phone camera? Do you get annoyed having to find a card readers or computer for uploading images? Now, with the convenience of Sky Share S10, it will clear all the troubles away by allowing you to share each happy moment captured with your friends anytime and anywhere! With the simple concept of "shoot and view" and "instant sharing", Sky Share S10 offers you an ideal way to preserve and share all your precious memories with ease and convenience.

Sky router and wi fi problems. SPPR_SkyShareS10_021_thm.jpg

Wireless transferring & instant sharing
    Taking advantage of the built-in wireless capability, Sky Share S10 Wi-Fi SD card gets rid of troublesome and time-consuming steps and really simplifies the file-transferring process. Users can easily connect their smartphone, tablet or PC wirelessly to the card and view real-time photos instantly with free Sky Share S10 APP for both iOS and Android devices. Without any complicated setup, the easy-to-use interface and high capacity of S10 enable users to effortlessly upload, browse and share photos!

Share your joy with incredible speed and capacity
    Possessing Class 10 speed rating, Sky Share S10 Wi-Fi SD card delivers outstanding transferring speed and stable performance. Not only offering incredible speed, S10 also provides users with high capacity of 16GB and 32GB. Furthermore, Sky Share S10 is superior to other Wi-Fi SD cards with its excellent design of Web UI, which enables non-App users to enjoy the benefits of Wi-Fi SD card and share their photos simultaneously. Sky Share S10 comes with 2 years warranty. For more information, please visit the SP/Silicon Power website: www.silicon-power.com

Sky Share S10 Product Features:
    • "Shoot and View" and "Instant Sharing"
    • Easy to use: no setup required
    • Exclusive "Sky Share SD" APP for free download
    • Support iOS and Android APP
    • Support up to 5 people for photo sharing simultaneously
    • Class10 speed performance
    • Excellent design of Web UI

Sky Share S10 Product Specifications:
    • Card dimension: 32 x 24 x 2.1mm
    • Weight: 2 g
    • Interface: IEEE802.11b/g/n
    • Operation temperature: 0° C ~ 60° C
    • Operation voltage: 2.8V~3.3V
    • Frequency: 2.4GHz
    • Operating system: iOS and Android
    • Capacity: 16GB?32GB
    • Warranty: 2 years warranty

Thema:

1. Sky router and wi fi problems. - Similar Threads - Sky router problems

2. Wi-Fi problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi problem: I have a asus gaming laptop and I’ve ran so many trouble shoots and yet I still can’t find my Wi-Fi that I pay for but I can see all the other Wi-Fi’s around me what should I do...
  3. Wi-Fi problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi problem: I have a asus gaming laptop and I’ve ran so many trouble shoots and yet I still can’t find my Wi-Fi that I pay for but I can see all the other Wi-Fi’s around me what should I do...
  4. Wi-Fi Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Problem: Hello, I have a strange problem, which is that the Wi-Fi stops working automatically and in order to be able to turn it on again I have to restart the computer or disable the wireless device and turn it on again or turn on the troubleshooting feature, but these solutions are...
  5. Problem with the Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the Wi-Fi: i am unable to use my wifi device . and unable to instal proper driver. please, help me to resolve this problemplease help me to install proper driver for wifi [Original Title: i am unable to use my wifi device . and unable to instal proper driver. please, help me to resolve...
  6. Wi-Fi Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Problems: My Wi-Fi has changed to Wi-Fi 2 since yesterday and has not shown any available networks I have deleted all the ghost devices and even configured the Wi-Fi still yet no improvement please assist me am so frustrated right now...
  7. Wi Fi Extender Paired to Router Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Wi Fi Extender Paired to Router Correctly: OPS Windows 10. My Wi Fi Router model name is WR7010 v2 and the MAC address is XXXXXXXXXC8B. My Wi Fi Extender name is WR7010-2.4G-C8B_EXT. I paired them with WPS. Are they paired correctly? They are both appearing on the Wi Fi Analyzer. Thank you for the support! 159678
  8. problem with wi fi

problem with wi fi: WI-FI not connected after the update, I tried all the suggestions I could find on the Internet to solve it. It works very well with the cable connected to Ethernet, the only problem is the WI-FI connection, at some point I have a limited connection, also the WI-FI button does...
  9. New Sky Router

New Sky Router: Hi i have been having a few problems with my internet connection and my service provider (Sky) posted me a new Sky Q router, by the way i don't have sky Q just the sky plus box. But before the new router arrived the problem sorted its self out, i also use some devolo 500...
  10. No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work

No Wi-Fi through router but other Wi-Fi devices work: Hi folks! As the title suggests, and I'm sure my post count will confirm, this is my first post on the forums here. I'm having issues after an OS recovery with one of my Windows 10 machines. When I attempt to connect to my wireless router, it shows "Connected, Secured" but...