Windows 10: Skype - A more modern, mobile way to stay close

Discus and support Skype - A more modern, mobile way to stay close in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A few months ago we told you about our plans to modernize Skype with our next generation call infrastructure and improved call quality, available in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Skype - A more modern, mobile way to stay close

Source: A more modern, mobile way to stay close - Skype Blogs- Skype Blogs

:)

Brink, Oct 25, 2016

2. how can I update HTC HD2 and download software

Any updates (if they exist) for the HTC HD2 can be found on HTC's website.

There is no official way to update the HTC HD2 to Windows Phone 7 or 8.

Microsoft closed it's Marketplace for Windows Mobile devices more than a year go, so trying to get apps through the Marketplace option on the phone doesn't work any more (neither does the Find my Phone feature that was also discontinued by Microsoft a long
    long time ago).

You can still find windows mobile applications if you search the internet a little although the apps you find are no longer actively supported (so no updates) and you won't find more modern apps that you might want to install on the phone (like there is no
    windows mobile version of Skype or WhatsApp, etc),

Julie fka profjulie, Oct 25, 2016
  3. vinnyloid Win User
    nokia 6700 skype or messenger is not working properly

Hi.. the nokia 6700 on a 3 contract comes with skype. When i try to minimise the application it says closing application and literally it closes down the application. It dosent stay minimised or hide. As i contacted my service provider they say that nokia
    6700 was build this way. If it has been build like this its sad that i have one. Can some one from Nokia confirm this?? There is no point of using skype when it closes down. Can Nokia update the firmware version so that applications can stay ??? Apart from
    this 6700 is a master piece but it dosent have a secondary camera...

kind regards,

vin

vinnyloid, Oct 25, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

FINALLY!!!

I don't know how often that has happened when our TF clique has a group conversation, the initiator leaves, and then we need to reestablish the call. It was really nerving when someone was in sharing their desktop and showing/explaining something.

Cliff S, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Skype - A more modern, mobile way to stay close - Similar Threads - Skype more modern

2. Modern Mobile mouse not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern Mobile mouse not working: The blue light from the modern mobile mouse stopped working. it's connects fine, the buttoms and wheel work all perfectly, but it can't seem to move https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-mobile-mouse-not-working/a0ac1f5c-1504-4d7b-a4f5-39e6a5fd6b1d
  3. Modern Mobile mouse not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Mobile mouse not working: The blue light from the modern mobile mouse stopped working. it's connects fine, the buttoms and wheel work all perfectly, but it can't seem to move https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modern-mobile-mouse-not-working/a0ac1f5c-1504-4d7b-a4f5-39e6a5fd6b1d
  4. More audio - Skype phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More audio - Skype phone: Has anyone thought of putting a Kensington filter on the Skype phone for security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-audio-skype-phone/001c7968-b3fd-42a6-8fc9-17251043d720
  5. More audio - Skype phone

More audio - Skype phone: Has anyone thought of putting a Kensington filter on the Skype phone for security? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-audio-skype-phone/001c7968-b3fd-42a6-8fc9-17251043d720
  6. Screen sharing goes mobile and more with Skype on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Screen sharing goes mobile and more with Skype on Android and iOS: Skype has always been the easiest way to share your screen with others, and now we’re taking one of our most popular features on the go. Starting today, we’re launching screen sharing on Android and iOS—along with multiple improvements to our mobile calling experience....
  7. Skype closes only unexpectedly

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype closes only unexpectedly: I open Skype and it closes only unexpectedly. What should I do to make Skype work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-closes-only-unexpectedly/eab07354-ee20-4866-9232-6bfbcfc1de9c"
  8. Skype "mobile" query....

Skype "mobile" query....: All very much new territory for me this so apols in advance it it's a really dumb question....! I've already got Skype working ok on my Lenovo G50 laptop however it's the mobile phone "usage" if that's the right word that's confusing me. The problem is my ordinary mobile...
  9. How to close Skype

How to close Skype: I'm running build 10240 Pro with no problems except 1: the only way I can close Skype is with TaskManager. None of the other methods work - it always remains active. I've tried the Skype options for End and Quit, Alt-F4, all of the various command line options out there, and...
  10. Skype for Web – now call mobile phones and landlines, plus much more

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Web – now call mobile phones and landlines, plus much more: Last year we brought you a web version of Skype which lets you get straight to your Skype conversations from any computer. Skype for Web is great whether you’re using a shared computer that doesn’t have Skype downloaded, or you just prefer using a web version instead of a...