Windows 10: Skype and Bluetooth

Discus and support Skype and Bluetooth in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anybody think of a reason why when I use the standard skype win32 desktop app, it refuses to direct audio to my bluetooth headset/mic system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cereberus, Dec 12, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Skype and Bluetooth

Can anybody think of a reason why when I use the standard skype win32 desktop app, it refuses to direct audio to my bluetooth headset/mic system. I know the bluetooth drivers work fine as I can listen to videos etc without any issue.

I have checked the bluetooth setting and it says it is connected but skype just refuses to diredct the audio to bluetooth.

:)

cereberus, Dec 12, 2016
  2. 7thSense Win User

em having problem regarding lumia

Activate Bluetooth under Settings > bluetooth. Info about supported Bluetooth profiles can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2449475

Skype is not available for Lumia 510. Here is a quote from the Skype forums:

"Because of the two weak hardware on this device, namely the lack of sufficient system memory the Skype app is not available for the Lumia 510."

Hope this helps.

7thSense, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Jon-M Win User
    Windows Phone 8, Skype and a Bluetooth Headset

I have done some additional diging on the Skype forums.

It appears that Skype for Windows Phone does not support Bluetooth headsets. See this community post on Skypes support pages.

Skype - Microsoft Community

However, it does appear that Bluetooth headsets are supported for IOS and Android (plenty of posts on the Skype community on that).

RETRACTED

This article is for a much earlier version of Skype. See my later post on the interaction with Skype and WiFi, which seems to be the problem.

Jon-M, Dec 12, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Skype and Bluetooth

Sorted it - you have to manually select bluetooth device as speaker and microphone. You would have thought it was clever enough to do it automatically if connected, or a single click option. Other programs can - after all MS own skype now!

cereberus, Dec 14, 2016
Thema:

Skype and Bluetooth

1. Skype and Bluetooth - Similar Threads - Skype Bluetooth

2. Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a...: Visual Foxpro. I need help making a call with skype running a VFP form. The form has a command button "call"I understand I need to use Skypes Acftive X. HOW? Can you provide code that works. it be easier to learn....
  3. Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...: Hallo,ich habe ein kurioses Problem mit der Anmeldung bei meinem MS Konto auf einem meiner PCs. Es begann damit, dass Skype sich nicht mehr mit dem Konto anmelden wollte. Dann beschwerte sich Office, dass etwas mit dem Konto nicht stimme, aber die angebotene Lösung schlug...
  4. Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...: Hallo,ich habe ein kurioses Problem mit der Anmeldung bei meinem MS Konto auf einem meiner PCs. Es begann damit, dass Skype sich nicht mehr mit dem Konto anmelden wollte. Dann beschwerte sich Office, dass etwas mit dem Konto nicht stimme, aber die angebotene Lösung schlug...
  5. Mein Microsoft Konto funktioniert auf einem meiner PCs nicht mehr - erst nur bei Skype,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Bluetooth hearing aids and skype - audio problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth hearing aids and skype - audio problems: I wear hearing aids and they are bluetoothed to my laptop. However, sometimes when I start a skype call to another skype user, the audio input to me won't work. On the skype settings audio page, it says the hearing aids are not connected. However, they are connected if I look...
  7. Skype blocks every sound but itself when I choose the mic from my bluetooth earphones -...

Skype blocks every sound but itself when I choose the mic from my bluetooth earphones -...: Hello, I have the bluetooth earphones Ugreen Hitune x5, when I call someone on Skype , it turns off every sound. The call sounds fine, mic works well, but the browser, media player, system sounds, everything else, just get muted. I already checked windows options about...
  8. Skype blocks every sound but itself when I choose the mic from my bluetooth earphones -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype blocks every sound but itself when I choose the mic from my bluetooth earphones -...: Hello, I have the bluetooth earphones Ugreen Hitune x5, when I call someone on Skype , it turns off every sound. The call sounds fine, mic works well, but the browser, media player, system sounds, everything else, just get muted. I already checked windows options about...
  9. Skype blocks every sound but itself when I choose the mic from my bluetooth earphones -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Bluetooth Sound stops working when using Skype

Bluetooth Sound stops working when using Skype: I have pairs my BOSE Noise Cancelling headphone 700 with Windows 10 1909. Nomrally the sound is clear, say using spotify. But as soon as I use Skype or Messenger and it activates the Mic that is on the headphones, the sound is garbled or just no longer there. Every now and...