Windows 10: Skype App working for anyone else?

Discus and support Skype App working for anyone else? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Skype App has not worked at all since install. It asks if it can use my cam and mic, then says it is having a problem and I should Try Again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gregrocker, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Skype App working for anyone else?

My Skype App has not worked at all since install.

It asks if it can use my cam and mic, then says it is having a problem and I should Try Again.

I've reported it twice.

Any known solution?

:)

gregrocker, Nov 13, 2014
  2. HarryOK Win User

Need chat software for Windows 10, but Skype too intrusive for me

I have a Microsoft LiveCam HD-5000 camera ((and app that won't work with Windows 10)) and need an app other than Skype ((Skype is intrusive and wants to put too many privacy hooks into my online life)), but have not been able to find anything that will work.
    Is there anything else in the works, or are we just stuck with Skype.

Has anyone found anything else that will work with the camera I have?

HarryOK, Nov 13, 2014
  3. AGXB Win User
    Skype Won't Send Message

I've noticed if I have Skype open on my computer, Skype on my Windows phone will sometimes not send the message. This is not the case on my iPhone. Skype on my iPhone will still send messages when Skype is running on my computer. Anyone else run into this?
    Any solution? The only solution I found is quitting the Skype app on my computer. Quitting the app on my Windows phone and restarting the phone do work. Skype App working for anyone else? :(

4. Kari Win User

Skype App working for anyone else?

Skype App works just fine on both machines I have now installed the 9879. Do you get any error code?

5. No error code. After it asks if it can use Mic and Cam and I agree, it offers this with a button that doesn't work:

Skype App working for anyone else? [​IMG]

gregrocker, Nov 13, 2014
  6. Kari Win User
    Strange. I have no issues as I mentioned, here logged in with a Skype account I rarely use:

Skype App working for anyone else? [​IMG]

Something I remember from 8.1, happened me once: Skype app was not working, was telling me it could not sign in. I installed the Skype Desktop app, signed in, and the opened the Skype Modern app, this time it signed in without issues. Might be worth a try?

7. I just did exactly that and halfway through install, the modern App came to life! So I uninstalled the desktop app and all seems well.

Thanks, Kari, Cheers!

gregrocker, Nov 13, 2014
  8. Kari Win User

*Smile Good to know it worked.

9. Now the Mail app which I'd come to rely upon has stopped working. *Rolleyes

I plan to upgrade to the next build later today.

gregrocker, Nov 13, 2014
  10. meebers Win User
    I got to ask a noob question. Both my W8.1 tablet and the latest version of W10 have a Skype app. I can bring it up and sign in but cannot get to any settings for example the mic and speaker config. Do I have to d/l skype to my computer first? I thought if the app was there, it should work? No way to get to the full settings....am I missing something Tx

meebers, Jan 24, 2015
  11. Open the App, click on the three lines at the top left to get to Settings.

gregrocker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype App working for anyone else? - Similar Threads - Skype App working

2. Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else: Hi,I have windows 11, and my microphone only works in Skype, nowhere else.I read another thread about this from 2020, but it didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-in-skype-nowhere-else/eaaa4df1-6485-4c54-aee6-04a2ea622633
  3. Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Only works in Skype. Nowhere else: Hi,I have windows 11, and my microphone only works in Skype, nowhere else.I read another thread about this from 2020, but it didn't work for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-in-skype-nowhere-else/eaaa4df1-6485-4c54-aee6-04a2ea622633
  4. Unknow app? Anyone else got this??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknow app? Anyone else got this??: Hello there!Recently, I opened up my pc and found this new file/app being pinned for some reason. The app is called "Voice recorder" and it was recently downloaded. I assumed it was a Microsoft app yet after further looking the app doesn't load up nor can I uninstall it. I...
  5. is the microsoft store not working for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is the microsoft store not working for anyone else?: it just gets stuck on 'acquiring license' whenever i try to install an app submitted by /u/Carl-The-Commie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxdc25/is_the_microsoft_store_not_working_for_anyone_else/
  6. Store apps, Your Phone and Skype, always updating (weird) - Anyone else?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Store apps, Your Phone and Skype, always updating (weird) - Anyone else?: When I click Get Updates, the Your Phone and Skype apps always download. The version number never changes. I've rebooted, and restarted the Microsoft Store Install service. I'm running Windows 10 20H2 (19042.746) submitted by /u/ITs-My-Life [link] [comments]...
  7. microphone only works in skype but nothing else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone only works in skype but nothing else: Hi there, I am having a problem with windows recognizing my microphone. As the title suggests it can not be used for any application other than Skype have tried with Zoom, Camtasia, Audacity, and Discord. I am using an AT202 mic and a Behringer interface. They both appear...
  8. Is anyone else's microphones not working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is anyone else's microphones not working?: I am trying to get my headsets microphone to pick up audio but it doesn't work. The headset works fine but the microphone doesn't pick anything up. I have tried everything. Privacy settings for the mic, updating drivers for the mic, trying to use earbuds as a mic, i even...
  9. Anyone else stuck at "Working on it"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyone else stuck at "Working on it"?: I'm upgrading one of my windows 7 machines today. I gave it a fresh install of Windows 7.1 a week or so back in preps, and the only thing I added to that installation was to insure that all updates were installed after it. Meaning, I ran windows update and installed them...
  10. Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having the problem of "Working On It"?: [img] I only have problems on "Facebook" when i try to upload an image from the Desktop. Everything else works. 22066