Windows 10: Skype cannot hear my microphone

Discus and support Skype cannot hear my microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I try to make a call on Skype I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me. If I open sound in the control panel and go tho recording it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonNixon1, Jul 27, 2018.

1. DonNixon1 Win User

Skype cannot hear my microphone

When I try to make a call on Skype I can hear the other person but they cannot hear me.

If I open sound in the control panel and go tho recording it shows on the RHS that my computer is haring my microphone and registers up to the highest bar so has plenty of volume but Skype cannot hear anything.

What do I do now??

Can I take this problem to Assure as I am a subscriber and I am not very happy with the latest skype which is not user friendly to older people like myself.

Thanks

Don Nixon

:)

DonNixon1, Jul 27, 2018

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Skype Microphone echo only on 1 Win Pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

As the issue persists with the Skype app, I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried and check if it helps:

• Try to log-in to Skype using different account on the same computer, access the microphone and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to log-in to Skype account on different computer using this account, access the microphone and check.

Also try the below if the issue still persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter to check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If issue still persists,

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install Skype from Windows Store.

You can also uninstall Skype app from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Skype
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Steps to Install Skype app:
    Log-in with administrator account, open
    Windows Store, search for Skype app and download latest version.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Skype cannot hear my microphone

External Microphone Issue when using Skype

I purchased a eForCity® Mini 3.5mm Flexible Microphone
    to use with Skype. After plugging into the microphone port, when using Skype the person on the other end cannot hear me.

I've looked at the control panel for devices and under recordings, it's reflecting "No Audio Devices are Installed". Any suggestion on what I need to do so this microphone works is greatly appreciated.

ChristineDavid, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Skype cannot hear my microphone

1. Skype cannot hear my microphone - Similar Threads - Skype cannot hear

2. Cant hear on my laptop microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant hear on my laptop microphone: Trying to use my laptop microphone but I cant hear anything on it. How do I use it or is it totally not working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-hear-on-my-laptop-microphone/7bae0dc7-da4b-480e-a271-1fa94b187f28
  3. Microphone Works but Cannot Hear Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Works but Cannot Hear Through Headphones: I guess this is a common problem with Windows 10. Trying to get a signal back through my headphones when recording. I checked all the options. Computer detects and reads microphone, but the signal will not come through to headphones. Tried going in to Control and Sound....
  4. Microphone Works but Cannot Hear Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Works but Cannot Hear Through Headphones: I guess this is a common problem with Windows 10. Trying to get a signal back through my headphones when recording. I checked all the options. Computer detects and reads microphone, but the signal will not come through to headphones. Tried going in to Control and Sound....
  5. Microphone Works but Cannot Hear Through Headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot get my microphone to hear my voice - it is hearing the music I play though.: I plugged in my headphones to my PC, which have a built-in mic. I can hear music just fine. However, I cannot get the microphone to work. When I use the Voice Recorder app on Windows and hit record, it records the music I'm listening to. How do I set it up so that the voice...
  7. Skype not hearing me at all

Skype not hearing me at all: No one is able to hear me on Skype calls. My internal microphone isis select as default mic still there is no up movement on the bars when I speak to it. Right now I don't have any external mic to check. I am sure there is no issues with the microphone as the device is...
  8. Microphone will not work in skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone will not work in skype: Hello, I am unable to talk to anyone thru skype. I have re-installed skype software and I am still unable to use it thru skype. The microphone shows it is working when I test it. I have a HP ENvy x360 Convertible Signature Edition. Windows 10 home Version 1903 Installed...
  9. Microphone Hearing my own voice

Microphone Hearing my own voice: I would like to know how to hear my own voice with no delay, i have an Astro A10 headset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-hearing-my-own-voice/660faad0-306f-44b5-9bd3-210909266933
  10. i can hear skype caller but they cannot hear me. win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i can hear skype caller but they cannot hear me. win 10: please help per subject line https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-can-hear-skype-caller-but-they-cannot-hear-me/0f8eabb1-4a32-4e35-9916-e31c608f0efc