Windows 10: Skype - conflicting advice from MS

Discus and support Skype - conflicting advice from MS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Skype for a W10 Desktop PC. There are 2 versions of Skype for a W10 desktop PC. The classic Skype for Desktop (currently ver 8.29.0.50) and Skype for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tabvla, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Tabvla Win User

Skype - conflicting advice from MS

Skype for a W10 Desktop PC.

There are 2 versions of Skype for a W10 desktop PC. The classic Skype for Desktop (currently ver 8.29.0.50) and Skype for Windows 10 (currently ver 12.1815.210.0).

Microsoft appears to have conflicting views on which is the correct option as both are recommended as "...the recommended version for a W10 desktop....". Hmmm..... say that again...*Sad

Perhaps a more learned Member of this Forum could provide advice which is less confusing than that provided by MS.

T.

:)

Tabvla, Aug 31, 2018

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Aug 31, 2018
  3. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 31, 2018
  4. Skype - conflicting advice from MS

Hi Tony,

This issue might have been caused by a software conflict. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to know which
    version of Skype you are using. Is it
    Skype for Windows 10 or Skype for Windows Desktop?

In the meantime, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your Skype app
    and check if it will show on the list of apps that can use your camera.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 31, 2018
Thema:

Skype - conflicting advice from MS

1. Skype - conflicting advice from MS - Similar Threads - Skype conflicting advice

2. Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with a i5-7200U CPU updated to 22H2. Windows Update tells me its ready to download & install Windows 11 version 22H2 - even though PC Health tells me my i5-7200U isn't supported. Can I safely upgrade or not? Has Microsoft created a software...
  3. Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Conflicting Windows 11 Upgrade Advice: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop with a i5-7200U CPU updated to 22H2. Windows Update tells me its ready to download & install Windows 11 version 22H2 - even though PC Health tells me my i5-7200U isn't supported. Can I safely upgrade or not? Has Microsoft created a software...
  4. BSOD presumably from driver conflict

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD presumably from driver conflict: Hello and thanks in advance for any help. My PC has started rebooting from BSODs within the last couple weeks. I've tried to analyze the crash reports through Event Viewer without success. Following some online troubleshooting, I ran Driver Verifier, which then went to...
  5. Conflicting results/advice

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Conflicting results/advice: Hello, Plan to upgrade to Win 10. My present OS is Win 7 pro x64, the MOBO has integrated Display driver (ATI Radeon HD 3400, ver. 8.850). According ATI this version doesn't support Win 10. ATI says the Win 10 upgrade will replace it with a low performance generic driver....
  6. Conflict between MS account name and email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Conflict between MS account name and email address: Hi, I have one personal MS account called *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've had this for a few years and can access it fine, including live mail It has one email address associated with it, also called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I have...
  7. Logitech G29 and MS X-box 360 controller conflict

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech G29 and MS X-box 360 controller conflict: Hello. After cleaninstall Windows 10 Pro 17763.348 I have got a problem, that I can't solve myself. At some games I use my Logitech G29 Wheel, and on some other games I want to use my MS X-BOX 360 controller. That has not been a problem in the past, but now I have to reboot...
  8. Skype - conflicting advice from MS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype - conflicting advice from MS: Skype for a W10 Desktop PC. There are 2 versions of Skype for a W10 desktop PC. The classic Skype for Desktop (currently ver 8.29.0.50) and Skype for Windows 10 (currently ver 12.1815.210.0). Microsoft appears to have conflicting views on which is the correct option as both...
  9. Need some Good Free Games from MS Store :D Need advice..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need some Good Free Games from MS Store :D Need advice..: Do you guys know some Good, Free-to-Play, Multiplayer (included) Action, FPS, Adventure Games.. From the MS Store and Virus-free, + Good community when i need Help or Advice​ *Biggrin Any recommendations are Welcome! I've run most games on Intel HD Graphics 2500...
  10. AVG Free conflicts with MS Outlook 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    AVG Free conflicts with MS Outlook 2010: Since updating to Win 10 in October 2016, I have relied on Windows Defender together with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware. This morning, I installed AVG Free having checked extensively on line re its relationship with Win Defender. All seemed well until I opened my email...