Windows 10: skype crashes, event viewer flags ntdll.dll

Discus and support skype crashes, event viewer flags ntdll.dll in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so...the last few days I've been dealing with skype crashing every few days, and when I check the event viewer logs, it flags on ntdll.dll. below is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xraiderv1, Jan 22, 2016.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

skype crashes, event viewer flags ntdll.dll

so...the last few days I've been dealing with skype crashing every few days, and when I check the event viewer logs, it flags on ntdll.dll.

below is attached an image of the last instance of this occurring.

skype crashes, event viewer flags ntdll.dll [​IMG]

I ran check disk, I ran the system error checking, I just ran the scannow, and every single built in windows utility says she's go flight.

I doubled that up by reinstalling the program.

:)

xraiderv1, Jan 22, 2016
  2. vjaroli Win User

Legacy application not working on windows 10 RS2/Windows 10

Hi All,

I have an application that is working fine on other Windows platforms (Windows 7 and Windows 8), but the same is not working on Windows 10. I checked the event logs on Windows 10 RS2 and noticed that one of our application processes is being terminated and
    indicates that the process is terminated when accessing ntdll.dll.

Error Details from event viewer:

Event logs

Faulting application name:<application.exe>, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59159deb

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0xb79b6ddb

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000011636

Faulting process id: 0x13fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2cd6a272ae2c0

Faulting application path: <application_path>

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report Id: fc609e89-603a-4bc3-a37f-9e680b842356

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I didn't find the crash dumps of the application's process but I took the dump forcibly. From the crash dumps, it looks like our application is waiting for response from ntdll.dll.

Questions:

1) In what scenarios does ntdll.dll not respond ?

2) Is there any way to get more information from event viewer logs to find the root cause for termination of our application?

vjaroli, Jan 22, 2016
  3. Windows Explorer crash When Moving or opening Files

I have been fighting the same problem for months with Windows 10. Explorer crashes when opening or moving files, multiple File Explorer windows open for certain folders, etc.. Even after doing a clean install the problem reappeared. Event Viewer shows the
    faulting module as either ntdll.dll or windows.storage.dll.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Tim

Tim Hendriksen, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

skype crashes, event viewer flags ntdll.dll

1. skype crashes, event viewer flags ntdll.dll - Similar Threads - skype crashes event

2. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  3. kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel32.dll and ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.these some example ->EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address 0x0000028ef9ec3510EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION writing address...
  4. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  5. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games: Hello !I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported.Bellow a exemple of a game error:KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction 0x00007ff9127654e0 + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]...
  6. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashes, Event Viewer says the cause is DLL file?: When attempting to launch Warframe from Steam the game will crash before the launcher even displays. Event viewer log is this: Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_unknown, version: 2020.12.11.12, time stamp: 0x5fd3ae5e Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version:...
  8. kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors

kernel32.dll ntdll crash errors: Hey, It has been a while I have this error while playing games. My game crashes after a few minutes of running smoothly and kernel32 and ntdll errors are reported. I am running on a laptop acer aspire with windows 10 x64, intel core i7, 8Go SSD DDR4, nvidia GTX 1060M, 1...
  9. ntdll crash

ntdll crash: hi, ntdll.dll crash with this:' Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: SilverFast 8.exe, version 8.8.0.18, tidsstämpel 0x5dfa0415 , felet uppstod i modulen med namn: ntdll.dll, version 10.0.18362.418, tidsstämpel 0x99ca0526 Undantagskod: 0xc0000374 Felförskjutning:...
  10. NTDLL crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    NTDLL crash: Hey, Since a few weeks I experience crash-to-desktops for different software. The relevant program starts up and closes after about 2-10 seconds after which I see the desktop. No error message appears. When I look at "Windows Logs" the crash would have to do with the...