Windows 10: Skype doesn't save password

Discus and support Skype doesn't save password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, I've recently changed my Skype password to something as v$*irFvKN9jl but everytime when I start Skype I have to login by entering my username... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dropbox, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Dropbox Win User

Skype doesn't save password

Hey,

I've recently changed my Skype password to something as v$*irFvKN9jl but everytime when I start Skype I have to login by entering my username and password, can I make it automatic because searching for the password in LastPass is a bit annoying.

Thanks!°

:)

Dropbox, Aug 9, 2016

2. Skype Passwords

I am using a Skype Account.

I put the information here so that maybe someone else will be saved the effort required to discover that the Skype Password change, from the Skype login page, will change your Microsoft Live password, and NOT your Skype password.

PeterAlderson, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Did a problem rectified

Saved password where? For email, to log on for Skype or something else?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 9, 2016
  4. Dropbox Win User

Is Re-installing Skype an option?

Dropbox, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Are you talking about Skype for Desktop? There are several versions of Skype out there.
    If yes, go into options and make sure these two options are selected.
    That's about all I can think of.*Smile

Skype doesn't save password [​IMG]

***and maybe, if you use Ccleaner, make sure Skype is unselected. I don't know if that would make a difference, but...***

Cliff S, Aug 11, 2016
  6. Dropbox Win User
    Sign me in when Skype starts is ticked, not starting with Windows because I don't want that and I don't use CCleaner.

Even re-installing Skype isn't working.*Eek

Dropbox, Aug 11, 2016
  7. Dropbox Win User
    ^Someone? It's hatefull. ;(

Dropbox, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Dropbox Win User

Sorry to keep it bumping but I need a solution.

Dropbox, Aug 12, 2016
  9. Dropbox Win User
    Now I can't even logon to Skype. Can't connect.

Dropbox, Aug 13, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    @Dropbox I asked someone else to take a look, maybe they can help.

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2016
  11. Dropbox Win User
    Cool thanks, oh I saw that Skype is down right now.

Dropbox, Aug 13, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Have you tried the Skype Preview app?
    Also is your Skype for desktop updated to the latest version?

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2016
  13. Dropbox Win User

Meh.
    No how do I do that and yes, running last version.

Dropbox, Aug 13, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Aug 13, 2016
  15. Dropbox Win User
    Got that installed yeah, but same problems.

Dropbox, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Skype doesn't save password - Similar Threads - Skype doesn't save

2. saved passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saved passwords: how do I find my saved passwords https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/43c13393-81b2-45d8-84a5-c8c7e5c1608d
  3. Saving passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving passwords: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  4. Saved passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved passwords: How do I find saved passwords on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/6d8f2779-9ee6-4830-840b-faf52b6e1264
  5. App doesn't save the password anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App doesn't save the password anymore.: Most of all this app see screenshot, but also a several other desktop apps, aren't saving passwords anymore!Last week I was trying a couple of different webbrowsers, to see which felt gave me best privacy and security. After installing the TOR-browser, I think, the passwords...
  6. Saved Passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saved Passwords: How do I edit/delete individual saved passwords in the latest July 2020 Windows 10/ Edge? I have several incorrect or superseded passwords to remove, which are a distraction on login, but don't want to delete the rest. The advice that I can find does not seem to apply any...
  7. saved passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    saved passwords: how do edit the stored password that are on my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-passwords/fb956883-500a-460d-8ced-c00f30c6d466
  8. Saving Skype video recordings to laptop

Saving Skype video recordings to laptop: My Windows 10 is up to date and I'm using Skype version 8.52.0.138, Application version 14.52.138.0. I've got video recordings on Skype that I wish to save to my laptop. I've tried Save and Save As and neither of them work. What to do?? This is important to me...?...
  9. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password: On some websites that I need to log into, Edge does not always ask me if I want to save my password? It works most of the time and does ask, but there are several sites that I frequent where I always have to manually insert my user name and password...would be so much easier...
  10. RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password

RDC to Windows 10 doesn't save password: I recently updated my sandbox VM from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with the updating tool that pops up next to your clock, but since doing this when I connect to the VM through RDC my RDC client (MSTSC) no longer stores my credentials, even though I keep the box ticked, and I have...