Windows 10: Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

Discus and support Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have updated my laptops and desktops to Windows 10 recently, coming from Windows 7. On startup, and sometimes amidst usage, Skype for business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Useless User, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

I have updated my laptops and desktops to Windows 10 recently, coming from Windows 7.

On startup, and sometimes amidst usage, Skype for business starts itself and then hangs at the splash screen; thus I cannot disable it from starting automatically. How can I fully remove Skype for business and instead install the regular version of Skype?

Thanks in advance for some hints!

:)

Useless User, Mar 9, 2016
  2. Jesrael Bor, Mar 9, 2016
  3. MandyShaw Win User
    Lumia 800 stuck at splash screen

If they can't resolve it locally, they'll need to return it to their service centre to get the OS reloaded, I would think. I would go back and insist. The service you've received so far seems to me to be pathetic.

MandyShaw, Mar 9, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup

Hi Useless User and welcome to Tenforums.

You can disable Skype for Business from starting with Windows permanently, by opening Task Manager; under the Startup tab, select the app and click the Disable button.

Alternately, you can go to All Settings> System>Apps & features, highlight Skype Meetings App, and select Uninstall.

Hope that helps!

simrick, Mar 10, 2016
  5. Thanks.

Yes, at the moment, I have to open the Task Manager every few minutes on the laptop and PCs to kill Skype for Business, so that's no workable solution.

As for uninstalling Skype for Business, so I can then download and install the regular Skype; under Apps & features I have "Get Skype" (32,0 KB) and "Messaging + "Skype tools" (53,0 KB) - but no "Skype for Business" I can uninstall : (

What else can I do? There surely must be a way to remove this useless app?

Useless User, Mar 10, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Just a suggestion... Do you have Microsoft Office installed? If you do Skype for Business is listed under your Microsoft Office folder in your start folder/ All apps. (that's where mine is listed) Right click on it, then choose Uninstall .

You Can install the regular Skype even if Skype for Business is installed.....I have both installed.

OldMike65, Mar 10, 2016
  7. I don't have MS Office under All apps, instead, each module (Word, Excel, etc.) is listed alphabetically individually. I am using MS Office Professional Plus. Maybe that's why MS Office is broken up into individual programs, who knows?

But then, at the end of Apps & features, I found Programs & features. There, I found MS Office. Clicking on Change allowed me to make Skype for Business "unavailable", whatever that means. Let's see if this worked. So far, it has not reared its never ending splash screen.

Useless User, Mar 10, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

YES that WILL work also, that is how mine is set too. Strange that your Office is set up that way. The way Office 2013 installed on my Windows was to make one folder in my Windows Start menu called Microsoft Office, then inside that folder is listed ALL the installed Office apps, including Skype for Business. But anyhow, by choosing "unavailable" that will turn it off. *Smile

Actually in mine it was named Microsoft Lync (which is Skype for Business) that I had set to unavailable.

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype for business stuck at splash screen on startup - Similar Threads - Skype business stuck

2. Skype for Business download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype for Business download: Trying to download Skype for Business. Site says I already have it. I don't. I uninstalled it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-for-business-download/68125f06-111d-45fb-bb6b-8e3495115f7b
  3. Is Skype for Business Malware??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is Skype for Business Malware??: How do I get rid of Skype for Business on my Windows 10 computer.? It comes up when I turn the computer on. I am coming to hate Microsoft. I am simple minded and need a really simple easy to follow solution....
  4. Unable to disable Skype for business at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Skype for business at startup: Unable to disable Skype for business at startup. Have : - turned off Tools - Options - Personal - Automatically start the app when I log on to Windows. - disabled Skype in Task Manager - Start-up. System details: - Windows 10, Version 1803, OS build 17134.285 -...
  5. Skype for Business nag screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for Business nag screen: My desktop has just now started giving me a "nag" screen about my subscription has expired??? Never had one to start with??? Tried to uninstall it, takes me to control panel/programs and features, it is not listed. 62309
  6. Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for Business: For anyone who is having trouble keeping Skype for Business from opening, I have found one way to correct problem. Go to file manager and click on C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2013 and delete the shortcut for Skype. 24069
  7. Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at splash screen for 5 mins: It's so weird before it was rare (stuck at splash screen glitch) i did the upgrade from win 7 to 10 and my system had random skips and black screens. Then my 120 ssd died but not before i could clone it and it did the same on the new ssd. So i tried a clean install and cured...
  8. No splash screen at daily startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No splash screen at daily startup: Hello, I am new here, so sorry if a similar topic was already posted. I use Windows 10 Home version 1607 (Anniversary) 64-bit on a Samsung laptop with 6Gb memory and an Intel Pentium B970 2.30GHz CPU. For a while now, whenever I switch my laptop on in the morning, it...
  9. Skype for Business is here!

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business is here!: A few weeks ago, we announced the technical preview of the Skype for Business client, and today, we’re thrilled to announce that the new Skype for Business client is now rolling out as part of the April monthly update for Office 2013! In addition, Skype for Business Online is...
  10. Introducing Skype for Business

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Skype for Business: Yesterday we kicked off a global conversation about how Microsoft is reinventing productivity—across the board—to create a world where people can truly make the most of their time and lead more fulfilling lives. Connecting people across all of life’s moments – to talk, to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype stuck at splash screen

2. skype for business presentable content stuck loading

3. skype-for-business does not start only splash screen

4. skype for business stuck on starting screen,
  5. skype business shows only splash screen,
  6. skype for business wont launch just splash screen then disappears,
  7. skype for business windows 10 only splash screen,
  8. skype for business sutck on loading screen,
  9. skype for business cant get past splash screen,
  10. skype for buuisness stuck loading,
  11. skypw for busines sstuck on splash,