Windows 10: Skype for Business

Discus and support Skype for Business in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For anyone who is having trouble keeping Skype for Business from opening, I have found one way to correct problem. Go to file manager and click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by neveready, Sep 25, 2015.

1. neveready Win User

Skype for Business

For anyone who is having trouble keeping Skype for Business from opening, I have found one way to correct problem. Go to file manager and click on C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Microsoft Office 2013 and delete the shortcut for Skype.

:)

neveready, Sep 25, 2015
  2. wirdzek Win User

Auto-Hide Taskbar NOT working - Windows 10 Frustrations Continue

It IS caused by Skype/Skype for Business - the only way to make the taskbar hide automatically is to quit Skype/Skype for Business, or at least click to show hidden icons (the up-pointing arrow on the taskbar, usually to the left of the battery icon),
    find Skype/Skype for Business icon, click on it so that you get to see the menu, then click anywhere on the screen. For me that always works. Nevertheless, it is extremely frustrating that the taskbar gets locked every time I get an instant message on Skype/Skype
    for Business.

wirdzek, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    Ratandeep, Sep 25, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

Skype for Business

gonna file this, tnx !

rfruth, Sep 25, 2015
  5. neveready Win User
    In the Office 2013 folder, there is a folder called Office 2013 Tools. In this folder there is a shortcut to Skype for Business Recording Manager. This didn't cause any problems for me but you might want to delete this shortcut also.

neveready, Sep 25, 2015
  6. Surely this only removes the shortcut?

First let it run one more time, click the settings (gear) icon, and turn off the option to run on Windows startup.

nigelmercier, Sep 25, 2015
  7. neveready Win User
    Tried that numerous times and it doesn't work. Something in Office 2013 is directing it to start since this only happens after an Office update. If you check the properties on the program, it starts from the shortcut I deleted. I'm sure the problem will reoccur with the next Office update.

neveready, Sep 25, 2015
  8. acideye Win User

Skype for Business

Is it listed in the startup tab in "msconfig"?

acideye, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Skype for Business

1. Skype for Business - Similar Threads - Skype Business

2. Skype for Business Online retires in 6 months - what you need to know

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business Online retires in 6 months - what you need to know: Eighteen months ago, we announced the July 31, 2021 retirement of Skype for Business Online. With six months until the service ends, we’re focused on helping each of our customers upgrade to Microsoft Teams and enabling more ways to come together and get things...
  3. How to remove skype for business during start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove skype for business during start up: Hi, I already put the skype for business to off position so as the app does not appear during start ups. I was wondering if you have another way of putting off skype for business app during start ups. Thanks, 172707
  4. How to remove skype for business during start up

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove skype for business during start up: Hi, I already put the skype for business to off position so as the app does not appear during start ups. I was wondering if you have another way of putting off skype for business app during start ups. Thanks, 172707
  5. Outlook and Skype for Business Login Propmts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook and Skype for Business Login Propmts: Having the issues described the following locked thread. We are currently using Outlook and Exchange on Prem in process of going Hybrid and Currently using SfB on prem....
  6. Skype for Business download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Skype for Business download: Trying to download Skype for Business. Site says I already have it. I don't. I uninstalled it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-for-business-download/68125f06-111d-45fb-bb6b-8e3495115f7b
  7. Skype for Business keeps starting on restart. Tried common solutions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype for Business keeps starting on restart. Tried common solutions.: Skype for Business (SFB) keeps starting on startup. Internet research told me to get into startup options from O/S level and de-select SFB. Done, but did not fix the problem. Next, I found I was to navigate via tools/tools/options to the personal page, and uncheck these...
  8. Skype for Business keeps starting on restart. Tried common solutions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Skype for Business keeps starting on restart. Tried common solutions.: Skype for Business (SFB) keeps starting on startup. Internet research told me to get into startup options from O/S level and de-select SFB. Done, but did not fix the problem. Next, I found I was to navigate via tools/tools/options to the personal page, and uncheck these...
  9. Skype for Business Online will retire in 12 months

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business Online will retire in 12 months: A year ago, we announced the July 31, 2021 retirement date for Skype for Business Online along with our recommendation that customers upgrade to Microsoft Teams. Since then, Teams adoption and usage continue to grow, as organizations have needed to find better ways to safely...
  10. Am I the only one who just had Skype for Business randomly launch out of nowhere as soon as...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am I the only one who just had Skype for Business randomly launch out of nowhere as soon as...: I just signed into my laptop and Skype for Business randomly launched out of nowhere. Keep in mind I have never used, let alone considered using, Skype for Business in my entire life so this is really weird. After a moment of looking around trying to figure out what I could...