Windows 10: Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?

Discus and support Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, Unlike in skype's previous versions, in version 8.x (for desktop) it is impossible to change font size & style in chat (instant messaging) via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zaza770, Jul 15, 2018.

1. zaza770 Win User

Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ?

Hi all,

Unlike in skype's previous versions, in version 8.x (for desktop) it is impossible to change font size & style in chat (instant messaging) via skype menus, this is very very sad.

Now fonts look very small and not clear, super disturbing!

Could someone tell me what is the registry path for font size & style (in instant messaging) so I do it manually via the registry?

Many thanks,

Ziv

:)

zaza770, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

change desktop font style

Hi Margaret,

If you're having trouble reading the desktop icons font, you can resize it or even change the color that will suit your visual preference. However, changing the font style can be possible if you will a Windows theme. Follow the steps below on how to resize
    the font, change color and select a theme:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Choose Colors.
    • Select High contrast settings then choose a theme and set each parameters to suit your needs.

You can also change the theme by clicking the Themes on the left panel of the window then select
    Theme settings to set the theme. If you're using a picture as a background, change it to
    Solid color as shown below as another workaround to make the texts readable:

Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ? 6eea8e65-5710-46c5-bbc3-ec78ed721aa2.png

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Jul 15, 2018
  3. mreid72 Win User
    Microsoft Edge font size and style changed for some reason

Here are two additional screenshots of the exact same page. You can clearly see a different font and size. The first one is Edge and the second one is IE. Again, this just started happening either yesterday or today. The Edge font looks to be Times New Roman and is too small. It used to be the same as IE which is much better and easier to read.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ? [​IMG]

Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ? [​IMG]

mreid72, Jul 15, 2018
  4. vyrians Win User

Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

Good day.

I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen.

I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However, this option also changes the appearance of fonts in the directories/filenames, which is not what I want.

E.g. Labels on the desktop with size 12 and bold. Fonts in folders: size 9 and UNbolded (default style).

Anyone have a solution for this?

vyrians, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype for desktop: how to change chat font style/size in version 8.x ? - Similar Threads - Skype desktop change

2. Desktop icon font style changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon font style changed: the desktop icon font has changed for all different users after a recent update, to a shadow font. How can I change back to a regular font. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-style-changed/b2244411-a5e5-4125-89bb-978678da33dd
  3. how to change font style

how to change font style: i want to change my font style plz help me how to change font style https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-font-style/256df7d1-4331-44a2-9f8c-6810da4f8af9
  4. how to change desktop icon font color and style

how to change desktop icon font color and style: With this latest Windows update, the icons on my desktop are in white with shadows. How can I get them to return to regular black letters. Thank you....
  5. Change font style

Change font style: How do I change the font style I want to use? I don't want Times Roman but a different one. How? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-font-style/1adbf05e-327b-4ba2-8358-11e79f77000a
  6. How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8: I already delete chat by delete conversation... But when i login again.. Some of chat that i already deleted reappear... any Solution?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-chat-history-in-skype-version-8/d1a54404-4966-4280-a3d2-791c638f417d
  7. Changing font and font size on desktop

Changing font and font size on desktop: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4
  8. Changing font style and size within an application

Changing font style and size within an application: The font used within an application (Dragon NaturallySpeaking) has changed. I don't believe this application has any way to change his own fonts so I think this is a change inherited from some Window setting. I don't like this new font and I want to change it back to the...
  9. Change font style

Change font style: How do I change my default display font style to different font styles in Windows 10 1803? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/change-font-style/14ceb101-234e-49f4-ab01-8c880333bbac
  10. Changing Desktop font size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop font size: Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187

Users found this page by searching for:

1. font size skype for windows desktop

2. Change font size in skype 8.41

3. how to change the font in skype 8.41

4. skype 8 font replace,
  5. how to change font size in skype version 8