Windows 10: Skype for Desktop v8.25 wasted ui space in contacts

Discus and support Skype for Desktop v8.25 wasted ui space in contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since Skype v7 will be discontinued in September, I reluctantly made the move to 8.25 yesterday. While I don't particularly like the UI, it's a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mikedyce, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Mikedyce Win User

Skype for Desktop v8.25 wasted ui space in contacts

Since Skype v7 will be discontinued in September, I reluctantly made the move to 8.25 yesterday.

While I don't particularly like the UI, it's a bit better than previous versions of 8.

Aside from the limited personalisation available in Settings, my main gripe is the amount of white space between the individual contacts in the contacts list. Does anyone know if something like the old compact view is possible in 8.25?

Mike.

:)

Mikedyce, Jul 18, 2018

2. Deleted Skype Contacts Still in the People App

Hi Mateja,

From your issue description, I understand that you want to remove Skype contacts from People app. Not to worry, I am here to help you with this issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to hide Skype contacts by applying filter and check if this helps.

Follow these steps:

• Open People app and click on Settings.
    • Now click on Filter contact list.
    • Uncheck Skype from list and click on Done.
    You may also delete contacts manually.

Right click on contact name one by one and click on Delete.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 18, 2018
  3. mrgeek Win User
    How to show contacts in skype

The key to keeping Classic Skype looking the way it does (like in post 12 with the menu bar at top vs icons), is to disable automatic updates in Options/Advanced. If you click the 'update classic Skype' button when you fall for the 'update available' message, it takes you unwillingly to version v8 which looks like v12 Store App, the interface that's much harder to use/get used to and integrates your entire People address book (9/10 contacts there don't have/use Skype) which clutters things immensely. I'm resigned to just leaving it at 7.40.0.104 under the 'if it's not broken' policy and presuming it's no longer supported. *Banghead

mrgeek, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Skype for Desktop v8.25 wasted ui space in contacts

Skype Contacts: How To Store Information?

Hi, this may seem like a simple question, but I need the input of the I.T experts from this community!

I've got a bunch of contacts on my Skype account now and I'm finding it very hard to recall each contact's information.

I just want to save text that lists information about each Skype contact.

It'd be great if I could open an app and have it display the information of a contact...

Thank you for any help!

NiceAndShy, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

Skype for Desktop v8.25 wasted ui space in contacts

1. Skype for Desktop v8.25 wasted ui space in contacts - Similar Threads - Skype Desktop wasted

2. My Task Bar Wastes a Lot of Space.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Task Bar Wastes a Lot of Space.: On the left side are 3 icons: My ID, This PC, & Libraries none of which I use, with big gaps of wasted space between them. On the right half, my email icon and all my application icons and open folders are arranged in 3 rows, which necessitates using an up and down arrow to...
  3. My Task Bar Wastes a Lot of Space.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Task Bar Wastes a Lot of Space.: On the left side are 3 icons: My ID, This PC, & Libraries none of which I use, with big gaps of wasted space between them. On the right half, my email icon and all my application icons and open folders are arranged in 3 rows, which necessitates using an up and down arrow to...
  4. My Task Bar Wastes a Lot of Space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Notepad++ v8 release

Notepad++ v8 release: Released today with a dark mode... The Dark Side of Notepad++ : v8 | Notepad++ 180680
  6. Skype Contacts: Cannot Download

Skype Contacts: Cannot Download: Is it me, Skype, or a W10 issue? I have tried every which way from Sunday to download my contacts, with the idea of cleaning out all that are no longer necessary, then reloading those that remain. No stated approach seems to make this possible. This proved a...
  7. People App delete "Skype" contacts

in Windows 10 Customization
    People App delete "Skype" contacts: Please read: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/how-to-delete-all-the-contacts-from-people-app/4afe5650-d97d-4163-b58f-7b9a0060fc6d I am trying to delete all contacts on my People's app to keep it clean and most are old contacts...
  8. Contacts in Skype

Contacts in Skype: Hi, I just installed Skype on W10, and it's automatically given me a whole bunch of contacts that I've never heard of. I can't delete them from Skype, so where are they? I don't have any contacts in Outlook, and they aren't in my Gmail either. Where are they, and how do I...
  9. Skype for Desktop

Skype for Desktop: Hi, My W10 PC has Skype and Microsoft Store uninstalled. I tried to install Skype for the Desktop from this site Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app but it does not have W10 option assuming it is already installed by default. "Get Skype from Store" button does...
  10. How to show contacts in skype

How to show contacts in skype: Hi peeps, Does anybody know how to show all my contacts on this latest rubbish version of skype? Typical ms tell you bugger all except to restart skype and that will fix it..Rubbish!!!!! nothing works, and if I get a msg sent to me there is no way I know that I received it...