Windows 10: Skype for Desktop

Discus and support Skype for Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My W10 PC has Skype and Microsoft Store uninstalled. I tried to install Skype for the Desktop from this site Download Skype | Free calls |... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by boyboyds, Mar 15, 2018.

1. boyboyds Win User

Skype for Desktop

Hi,

My W10 PC has Skype and Microsoft Store uninstalled.

I tried to install Skype for the Desktop from this site
    Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app
    but it does not have W10 option assuming it is already installed by default.
    "Get Skype from Store" button does not work.

I use Skype on-line for now, but the desktop version has more features and it works better overall.

Thanks,
    -BBDS

:)

boyboyds, Mar 15, 2018

2. Skype completely disappears after shut down

Hi Michael,

As you are facing some issue with Skype, I suggest you to contact Skype support regarding this matter for assistance.

Here is the link:
    https://support.skype.com/en/skype/windows-desktop/

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 15, 2018
  3. HchoFT Win User
    Cannot download Skype app from Windows Store after upgrading from Win 7 to 10

any suggestion to re-install skype for the desktop please?

HchoFT, Mar 15, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

Skype for Desktop

Wow....MS has removed the old (legacy) desktop version.

Plankton, Mar 15, 2018
  5. shimshom Win User
    shimshom, Mar 15, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    Change the user agent string to IE8 and you can download it. In edge press F12:

Skype for Desktop [​IMG]

Take the option to save (not run) and then run the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 7. If you don't run in compatibility mode the installer just gives you "go to the store" popup.

Skype for Desktop [​IMG]

This works fine though:

Skype for Desktop [​IMG]

7. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

Use the same download and install method for Skype Desktop Insider:

Skype for Desktop [​IMG]

Skype for Desktop [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Skype for Desktop

1. Skype for Desktop - Similar Threads - Skype Desktop

2. Skype App not running on WIndows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype App not running on WIndows 10 Desktop: Skype app not opening on my Windows 10 desktop anymore, a moving Skype sympbol visible for a while, then a blank window only and app closes. Reinstallation with the same result. Skype still functioning on my Adroid smartphone, though. Any solution?...
  3. Skype App not running on WIndows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype App not running on WIndows 10 Desktop: Skype app not opening on my Windows 10 desktop anymore, a moving Skype sympbol visible for a while, then a blank window only and app closes. Reinstallation with the same result. Skype still functioning on my Adroid smartphone, though. Any solution?...
  4. Skype for desktop stored login credentials

Skype for desktop stored login credentials: Hello. I have told Skype to not store any login information after logging off but when I reopen it, still remember my account name and even password. How can I make it to forget that info altogether?. 180012
  5. How do i add apps to my Windows desktop, such as Skype, Paint 3D, Cinebench etc.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i add apps to my Windows desktop, such as Skype, Paint 3D, Cinebench etc.?: Hello. I've recently built a new pc, which I absolutely love... There is just one problem, because I wanted to make my desktop organized, with the various apps i use. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. I tried searching the applications I wanted, which coincidentally, all are...
  6. Skype (MS Store) app requires Desktop app camera permission

Skype (MS Store) app requires Desktop app camera permission: The title really says it all. I've found that to get the camera working in the Skype app (downloaded from MS Store), I need to enable camera access (under Settings, Privacy, Camera) both as an MS Store app and allow general desktop app access. By way of contrast, the...
  7. Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop

Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop: Ugh... got a new Logitech C920 webcam with all this teleworking stuff going on but I cannot get it consistently to work. on my Windows 10 1909 18363.752 desktop. My desktop is connected via CAT5 through a Ubiquiti switch to my Ubiquiti router thence on to my cable modem with...
  8. Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 1909 vs Skype App and Desktop: Ugh... got a new Logitech C920 webcam with all this teleworking stuff going on but I cannot get it consistently to work. on my Windows 10 1909 18363.752 desktop. My desktop is connected via CAT5 through a Ubiquiti switch to my Ubiquiti router thence on to my cable modem with...
  9. Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem

Skype for Desktop latest versions on Windows 10 Update Failed problem: I have 9 different computers in my business all running Win10 x64 and we use the Skype for Desktop version on all of them because the Skype Windows 10 app has several serious user interface shortcomings compared to the Skype for Desktop. Up until the last 6 weeks, everyone's...
  10. Skype for Business desktop now available as web download app on Mac

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Business desktop now available as web download app on Mac: As promised, we have rolled out the change to use Skype for Business desktop app on Mac as our web-downloadable meetings client instead of Skype Meetings App (SMA)! The change applies to meetings that are hosted on Skype for Business Online or on Skype for Business Server...