Windows 10: Skype now available in preview on desktop computers

Discus and support Skype now available in preview on desktop computers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Starting today, the next generation of Skype is available in preview on desktop computers. It’s not yet complete and we need your feedback. We’re... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Skype now available in preview on desktop computers

Source: Hello, desktops. Meet Skype Preview

:)

Brink, Aug 16, 2017

2. Skype versions

Hello. I had Windows 8 installed on my Samsung 370R when I bought it. I later updated to Windows 8.1, and so on Windows 10 in 2015.

I downloaded Skype in Windows 8 or 8.1. Later, I updated it to the desktop Version of Skype. I cannot remember whether I did this in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

In Windows 10, a new app to download and install Skype was installed on my computer. This app did not detect that I already had the Desktop Version of Skype.

Now, after updating to Windows 10, 1607, Skype Preview has been installed on my computer. Some time after I'd finished the update, an app called Skype Preview launched. I had not manually started Skype Preview. This means that I now have two versions of
    Skype. They are both working fine.

I see that Skype Preview is not listed in Control Panel's list of programs, but it is in Settings app's list. In here, it says that Skype Preview is 10,9 MB. Is this just an addition to the Skype that I already had?

I am used to that Skype 7.28 is pretty slow and lags a lot. Skype Preview is not as slow, as far as I've used the program to now.

Which one of these shall I use? Should I deinstall the other one? If so, shall I deinstall it through "programs and functions" in Control Panel? Any other information I've missed?

Skype now available in preview on desktop computers [​IMG]

Skype 7.28/Desktop version, which I installed in Windows 8 or 8.1

List of apps in Settings

Skype Preview, which I can find on Start's list of apps

Desktop version of Skype

Andreas.mhm, Aug 16, 2017
  3. ceisthelp Win User
    ceisthelp, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

Skype now available in preview on desktop computers

1. Skype now available in preview on desktop computers - Similar Threads - Skype available preview

2. New Skype Insider Preview version 8.69.76.49 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview version 8.69.76.49 now available: The latest Insider build 8.69 is out and we have some pretty neat improvements for you. What's New?  Introducing the last message avatar in a small circle over the group chat icon so you can easily see who wrote the last message. If you would like to turn it on/off,...
  3. New Skype Preview version 8.47.76.58 and 14.47.76.58 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Preview version 8.47.76.58 and 14.47.76.58 now available: Skype Insider Preview // 8.47.76.58 // 14.47.76.58 The new Skype Inside build is out, let us know what you think! What's new? Screenshareing on Chrome web browser. Now Skype makes it even easier to share your screen while using Skype for Web Preview with no plugins or...
  4. New Skype Insider Preview version 8.41.76.55 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview version 8.41.76.55 now available: Skype Insider Preview // Introducing Calling for up to 50 people at once! Available on all platforms Version: 8.41.76.55 We are excited to announce two big changes to group calling in Skype. Before now, Skype only supported calls in groups up to 25 participants - but today...
  5. New Skype Insider Preview version 8.41.76.43 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview version 8.41.76.43 now available: Available on Desktop app for Windows Version: 8.41.76.43 You asked, and we got to work! One of the most requested features from our users is the ability to merge an incoming call into an ongoing call. We're happy to announce that with the latest Insider build you'll be able...
  6. Skype for Web (Preview) 8 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Web (Preview) 8 now available: Hello! Skype for Web is the easiest way to enjoy Skype's features without downloading the app. We are pleased to announce we've brought the latest version of the Skype experience to the web. The preview is now available here: https://preview.web.skype.com [ATTACH] You...
  7. Skype Insider Preview 8.34.76.37 now available

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Insider Preview 8.34.76.37 now available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out a new preview build of Skype for Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, Linux & Windows 10 PC today! Check out the current version 8.34.76.37 and please provide us the feedback here in the forums or in the app by (gently) shaking your device...
  8. Skype for Web (Preview) now available

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Web (Preview) now available: Hello! Skype for Web is the easiest way to enjoy Skype's features without downloading the app. We are pleased to announce we've brought the latest version of the Skype experience to the web. The preview is now available here: https://preview.web.skype.com [ATTACH] You...
  9. Skype Translator Preview Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Translator Preview Now Available: For more than a decade, Skype has been breaking down geographical barriers to make every day audio and video communications possible. As we enter an era in which computing experiences need to be more personal, Skype has looked at ways to help communities create stronger...
  10. Skype integration for Slack now available for preview

in Windows 10 News
    Skype integration for Slack now available for preview: At Skype, we are committed to breaking down communication barriers and getting the world talking. This is why we make Skype available on multiple platforms and continue to explore more ways to help you stay connected. Today we’re releasing a preview version of Skype...