Windows 10: Skype (Preview) - canot log in to Skype

Discus and support Skype (Preview) - canot log in to Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, two days ago a company I am starting to work for has created an account on Skype for me. The Skype email address is on their domain, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roman Krejci, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Skype (Preview) - canot log in to Skype

Hello,
    two days ago a company I am starting to work for has created an account on Skype for me.
    The Skype email address is on their domain, and I entered password, pressed ENTER,
    account was created. I was able to get in on my Android device the next day (yesterday) and
    also by using Skype Preview on my office PC. So far so good. Today, however, when launching
    Skype Preview on my office PC Skype displayed my previously created list of contacts
    for a while, then got disconnected, and a message stated that something went wrong
    with my account (account temporarily disabled) and could I please go to accounts.live.com
    to fix the problem. The same appears on Skype app on my Android device. So I did, entered
    the Skype acount mail and Captcha and a code has been mailed to me, I entered it and changed
    the password and the message appeared that the password has been changed. OK.
    I tried to log-in to my Skype account again and the story started to repeat itself *Eek.
    Something went wrong with my account and could I please go to accounts.live.com.
    What the heck is going on here?

Regards

:)

Roman Krejci, Apr 6, 2017

2. Completely disable skype on startup?

Hi,

To help us determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve your Skype startup concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• What is the make and model of the device that you're using to log in?
    • Are you trying to log in on Skype or on Skype preview?
    • Which Skype application is running on your initial startup?

We're looking forward to your response. Tagged as pending on customer.

Darwin Dim, Apr 6, 2017
  3. Completely disable skype on startup?

If a Skype application is visible on background process under Task Manager, it's possible that one of your application is automatically signed in upon start up. To prevent this from happening, follow these steps:

To disable start up on Skype

• Open Skype application.
    • Select Tools.
    • Click on Options.
    • Select General settings.
    • Uncheck the Start Skype when I start Windows option.

To log out of Skype preview

• Open Skype preview.
    • Click your profile picture.
    • Select sign out.

Note: You'll need to log back in if you wish to use either of the application.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your Skype application.

Darwin Dim, Apr 6, 2017
  4. Skype (Preview) - canot log in to Skype

Hi Roman Krejci.

As this is account was created by corporate and you are using one of their PC I would see their support group. Sounds like they didn't set the account up correctly or you are not entered into domain correct. That is where I would start.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Hi Ken, the account was apparently set-up correctly, as I could - as mentioned - get in the next day. It looks like the account was indeed temporarily blocked by MS. God only knows why. The phone-based unblock (I had to send my phone number to MS and they sent me a unblock key back) worked, and I can now access the account without problems. I consider the issue closed, but the doubt what really happened remains. Thank you for your input, anyway. Roman.

Roman Krejci, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Skype (Preview) - canot log in to Skype

1. Skype (Preview) - canot log in to Skype - Similar Threads - Skype Preview canot

2. Skype

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype: Can you help please - Unable to open Skype on my desktop which is running windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype/53de871d-867b-4f42-82ae-ab23f3c9a3e2
  3. Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype: How to stop Skype for Business on start up even when all the boxes are unticked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype/13c9d9d7-dfc8-4196-b308-9e0c8fecf699
  4. New Skype Lite preview 1.73.76.1 for Skype Insiders on Android 4+

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Lite preview 1.73.76.1 for Skype Insiders on Android 4+: There is a new Skype Lite preview build for Skype Insiders using devices running Android 4+. Try the latest version 1.73.76.1 and let us know what you think! ^SK Tweet — Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter 122011
  5. Skype for Web (Preview) now available

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Web (Preview) now available: Hello! Skype for Web is the easiest way to enjoy Skype's features without downloading the app. We are pleased to announce we've brought the latest version of the Skype experience to the web. The preview is now available here: https://preview.web.skype.com [ATTACH] You...
  6. Skype Preview App No Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Preview App No Notifications: I recently installed Windows 10 Anniversary, and wanted to use the built in Skype app instead of the desktop one. I set everything up and noticed that I don't get notifications when a message comes in until I check it myself. I don't get a notification at all. Any ideas? 59267
  7. skype preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype preview: When is Skype Preview not going to be preview anymore? Anybody heard anything? 78878
  8. Skype Translator Preview Now Available

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Translator Preview Now Available: For more than a decade, Skype has been breaking down geographical barriers to make every day audio and video communications possible. As we enter an era in which computing experiences need to be more personal, Skype has looked at ways to help communities create stronger...
  9. Now in preview, Skype for Content Creators

in Windows 10 News
    Now in preview, Skype for Content Creators: We have an exciting few days ahead as this weekend the Skype team will receive the Emmy® Award for Technology & Engineering at the ceremony in Las Vegas. With Emmy in hand, you’ll find us at the NAB Show from April 9–12, in Booth SL6716, where we will announce our next...
  10. Announcing the Skype Professional Account Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Skype Professional Account Preview: People use Skype for lots of different things: chatting with friends and family, of course, but also giving music lessons, tutoring, consulting, and a whole lot more. We’re thrilled to announce that very soon these business owners and instructors are going to see some big...