Windows 10: Skype Question: How To Backup Chat Of Old Classic Skype?

Discus and support Skype Question: How To Backup Chat Of Old Classic Skype? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, I keep receiving an error message saying that I'll need to upgrade to the most recent version of Skype: "Skype 8.25". I'm still running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NiceAndShy, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Skype Question: How To Backup Chat Of Old Classic Skype?

Hey guys,

I keep receiving an error message saying that I'll need to upgrade to the most recent version of Skype: "Skype 8.25".

I'm still running Skype version 7.41 on my Windows 10 PC. I'm told my version of Skype will be shut down soon.

It's really important for me to be able to back up all of my chat history with all of my contacts on Skype.

How can I make sure this is done 100% safely so that I don't lose any chat history with any of my Skype contacts?

Thank you for any help!

:)

NiceAndShy, Aug 6, 2018

2. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Skype is so screwed up!

It's great that you're all suggesting other programs to use, but skype is a major chat client. Everyone I know uses skype, and very little would install and use something almost unknown like ooVoo. The link that Viper posted does indeed work. I was having the same errors as you on my laptop and it fixed it.

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Skype Question: How To Backup Chat Of Old Classic Skype?

Easier to find friends & chat using Skype for Outlook.com

Source...

Brink, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Skype Question: How To Backup Chat Of Old Classic Skype?

1. Skype Question: How To Backup Chat Of Old Classic Skype? - Similar Threads - Skype Question Backup

2. Old Skype conversations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Skype conversations: Hello, I would like to look at some old Skype conversations, on account that I haven't used in 5+ years, but when I log in, there are no conversations and no contacts. I logged in with the same credentials as years back. Any idea what the problem is?...
  3. Skype Video Chatting

Skype Video Chatting: Afternoon, folks. A couple of my students and I tried video chatting and it looked like the keystone kops. One time, we could see things nicely, and then another time, we couldn't get Skype to cooperate with us! I think we need help! 152746
  4. Skype chat synchronization issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skype chat synchronization issue: Step's to reproduce issue: 1. Login Skype user as A 2. Log out user A 3. Login Skype with user B Issue: now I'm able to see both chat conversations of user A&B. Can someone suggest that i can see only respective user's conversation?...
  5. Skype question

Skype question: Every time i open my computer, i cannot start work until a blue coloured blue oblong block appears which says "lets get started" . Can anyone please tell me how i can get rid of this please? Ronbin 133084
  6. Skype question

in Windows 10 Support
    Skype question: Every time i open my computer, i cannot start work until a blue coloured blue oblong block appears which says "lets get started" . Can anyone please tell me how i can get rid of this please? Ronbin 133084
  7. Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time Skype Video Chat crashes on my Windows computer. It happens during a video call or when I turn on my laptop. In simple words Skype crashing on Windows 10. It is even more annoying when I use [...] This post Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows...
  8. How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8

How to Delete Chat History In Skype Version 8: I already delete chat by delete conversation... But when i login again.. Some of chat that i already deleted reappear... any Solution?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-chat-history-in-skype-version-8/d1a54404-4966-4280-a3d2-791c638f417d
  9. How to view old skype conversations?

How to view old skype conversations?: I use skype and im trying to look at old conversations i have with a specific user. I want to go back 2 years or so but it seem to only go back 14 months. Is there a way i can view my old conversations all the way back there or even before that? Its an important chat because...
  10. Introducing Skype document chat in Office Online

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Skype document chat in Office Online: The Office Online real-time co-authoring feature makes it easy for you to work together with others on a document from your browser. Whether you are putting the final touches on a contract with your business partner or collaborating on an essay for a school project, Office...