Windows 10: Skype randomly locking up during video chat

Discus and support Skype randomly locking up during video chat in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried posting this at the Skype community forums, but the person helping me stopped responding (ironic), so I thought I'd try here since you folks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by herrshaun, Jan 25, 2017.

1. herrshaun Win User

Skype randomly locking up during video chat

I tried posting this at the Skype community forums, but the person helping me stopped responding (ironic), so I thought I'd try here since you folks helped me a great deal last year.

Sometimes, when in a video call with my girlfriend, she will tell me that my video has frozen on her end. When I look, sometimes it's frozen on my end, other times not. If I try to end the call or do anything else at all (eg. turn my video off and on), the call stops and Skype becomes unresponsive. The call timer will continue to count up as if the call is still going, but trying to do anything else will not work. If I try to exit Skype normally when this happens, the main program appears to exit but the icon remains in the system tray. I have to end the process (sometimes twice) before it completely exits.

Skype generally works okay other than this, but this is bothersome enough that I must seek your help again.

:)

herrshaun, Jan 25, 2017
  2. lydel09 Win User

n8 on skype video chat

when will skype on n8 have the video chat feature? i like video chatting on skype. pleeeaaasssee!!

lydel09, Jan 25, 2017
  3. Scitz Win User
    Microsoft LifeCam Studio not working correctly with Skype in a Windows 10 environment. (Windows 10 Label on the box)

Was unable to get my Logitech C920 Webcam to work in Skype. Symptom: During a Skype Video Call (Latest Version) the system running Windows 10 (All updates completed) the system totally locks up no response at all. A hard boot of the system is required
    to regain control. Went out and bought a new Microsoft LifeCam Webcam Studio. Symptom: During Skype Video Call Audio and/or Video goes off and no ability to switch Microphone or Video setting within Skype Tools as the device does not exist. Through my own
    research some people speak of a Windows 10 Application for the LifeCam Studio but I have been unable to locate them on your site. PLEASE HELP!

Scitz, Jan 25, 2017
  4. herrshaun Win User

Skype just froze up after being idle for a while. However, I was ​in a video call earlier so I don't know if that had any bearing on it.

herrshaun, Jan 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Skype randomly locking up during video chat - Similar Threads - Skype randomly locking

2. Skype video freezing during call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype video freezing during call: Skype video keeps freezing during a call from UK to BC Canada.Always had a issue with skype and even now with Fibre Broadband of 23Mbps using wifi or ethernet of 26Mbps, fully updated. No matter whether my VPN is used or not using a HP laptop.The canadian connection using...
  3. Skype video freezing during call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype video freezing during call: Skype video keeps freezing during a call from UK to BC Canada.Always had a issue with skype and even now with Fibre Broadband of 23Mbps using wifi or ethernet of 26Mbps, fully updated. No matter whether my VPN is used or not using a HP laptop.The canadian connection using...
  4. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype Video: Hello I Was Trying To Skype My Friend And I Can See Him But He Couldn't See Me .When I Checked Settings It's Says No Video Found .How Can I Fix That ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video/5bbce94f-7ae8-4c12-8bdf-397c6f3d6632
  5. Video Scheduler Internal Error - During Skype Call

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Scheduler Internal Error - During Skype Call: Hi there, While using skype updated to latest version my laptop crashed and presented a blue error screen with reference to a video scheduler internal error. I have had previous skype conference calls however, this issue had never occurred. In my most recent call with 3...
  6. Locked Out During Customer Support Chat

Locked Out During Customer Support Chat: During a chat with a real live customer support rep, I granted her remote access to my BRAND NEW Lenovo C740 laptop. The rep tried various things to resolve my problem without success. Then she did a factory reset and Customer Support sent me an email re: how to resume the...
  7. Skype Video Chatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Video Chatting: Afternoon, folks. A couple of my students and I tried video chatting and it looked like the keystone kops. One time, we could see things nicely, and then another time, we couldn't get Skype to cooperate with us! I think we need help! 152746
  8. Skype chat synchronization issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Skype chat synchronization issue: Step's to reproduce issue: 1. Login Skype user as A 2. Log out user A 3. Login Skype with user B Issue: now I'm able to see both chat conversations of user A&B. Can someone suggest that i can see only respective user's conversation?...
  9. Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows computer

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many a time Skype Video Chat crashes on my Windows computer. It happens during a video call or when I turn on my laptop. In simple words Skype crashing on Windows 10. It is even more annoying when I use [...] This post Skype Video Chat crashes on Windows...
  10. Computer Locks Up During Video Playback

Computer Locks Up During Video Playback: I have a brand new Asus flipbook running Windows 10 that crashes during any kind of video playback (streaming or downloaded). I’m able to watch video for about five minutes before video and sound freezes, resulting in a loud digital buzzing noise, and can no longer operate...