Windows 10: Skype Shows Me as Online When Computer Turned Off

Discus and support Skype Shows Me as Online When Computer Turned Off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; , do you have a smartphone with your Outlook.com added on it, in an email client application or maybe even in Skype app for that phone? I had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wynona, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Wynona Win User

Skype Shows Me as Online When Computer Turned Off

Thanks, Kari, but I don't allow my smart phone to do anything but phone stuff. *Smile Soooooooo, it's really a dumb phone. *Smile

Also, I haven't set OneDrive up to do anything. Again, I want to be in control, not let Microsoft control what I do.

Wynona, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Wynona Win User

I have a Windows 10 Insider Preview Desktop. I also have a Lenovo Flex 4 Touch Windows 10 Insider Preview Lappy. Both have Build 17133.1. The third computer is an HP Pavilion with Fall Creators Update Build 16299.334.

The desktop is registered with my original Microsoft Account “at Hotmail.com”. The two laptops are registered under my PenName’s Microsoft Account “at outlook.com”.

I use Skype on all three with the same MS account name “at outlook.com”.

For all intents and purposes, it would seem to me that when I shut down the computer(s), Skype should show me as offline; however, it remains active and my contacts “see” me as online when I am not. So, when I shut down the computer at night, I must manually show myself as offline.

Last night, I allowed the Lenovo Lappy to update to Build 17133.1, leaving it to do its thing overnight. This morning, it was complete and had turned itself off. However, lo and behold, when I log on, I’m greeted with “PenName left her light on all night!” from one of my Skype contacts. However, Skype was just as I’d left it (on this desktop); showing me as offline.

The only conclusion I can come to is that the Lenovo, which should not be synced had defaulted to Skype being turned on, ultimately showing me as online from the Lenovo!

There are numerous problems with this scenario, not the least of which could be the entity behind the keyboard; however, the least I would expect is that when the computer is turned off, Skype should not show me as online.

From typing this “report”, I can see that the Lenovo could be the culprit; however, not wholly, since Microsoft has defaulted to leaving Skype on and reporting me online even when all computers have been turned off.

Comments? Solutions? Helpful information? Managing one app on multiple computers is not my idea of economy of actions, especially since on a typical day I will use the HP with 16299.334 as a teaching tool and the Lenovo and desktop for testing.

:)

Wynona, Apr 7, 2018
  3. Pete A F Win User
    Microphone setup not working in Windows 10

Mic gets turned off every time I log off. Turn it on test in skype but when I talk to someone it stays on for a few seconds and then dies. Not that concerned with Contra but it bothers me with Skype.

Pete A F, Apr 7, 2018
  4. Skype Shows Me as Online When Computer Turned Off

Skype ringing on cell when getting call on computer/video on phone

Hi, if I am on my computer and signed into Skype, when I get a Skype video call, my cell phone Skype rings as well. Then once when I wasn't signed in on my computer, someone was trying to Skype me on my phone and the video wouldn't work when I said to answer
    with video. It just gave me a white screen. Those are 2 issues I just noticed. When I'm signed into Hotmail and put my status as available, does it show up as available on my cell too? And what does online (on a mobile device) mean when that is by some
    of my contacts on my computer.

Thank you!

HeatherClemmer, Apr 7, 2018
  5. This falls under comments only: I had so many issues with Skype I wanted to get rid of it. I told all my contacts to get another program I already used. I fought with them until I told them either get on my program or lose contact with me. I noticed when I clean installed Windows 10 recently it decided I wanted a Skype account and signed me in using my MS account email. I have come to think of Skype as more of a virus than a wanted program. First thing I do is uninstall it and get rid of it.

Now I know this is probably not an option for you. I just wanted to share my comments on it. I hated going through all this with my contacts, but I finally got them on my preferred program (Trillian).

Access Denied, Apr 7, 2018
  6. Wynona Win User
    I've used Trillian, but it was a long, long time ago, and at the time, it didn't have what Skype does. I'll check it out, though.

Wynona, Apr 7, 2018
  7. Kari Win User
    Wynona, do you have a smartphone with your Outlook.com added on it, in an email client application or maybe even in Skype app for that phone?

I had a similar issue some time ago, then realized that I always kept a browser open in background on my phone with two tabs always open, automatically connected to same outlook.com account I use in Skype. This, of course, caused me being online in Skype 24/7.

Even after learning to close the browser on phone, I still remained online in Skype 24/7, until I realized one more background app did that: I had allowed OneDrive app to be always online, automatically sync photos and stuff to cloud.

Any Microsoft service or application associated with your Skype account MS email left open on your phone keeps you online.

Kari, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

Skype Shows Me as Online When Computer Turned Off

1. Skype Shows Me as Online When Computer Turned Off - Similar Threads - Skype Shows Online

2. Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again: Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-turned-off-and-the-icon-is-not/42afaaa1-7dfe-4aef-b99e-ce356e3a233b
  3. Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again: Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again*Moved from feedback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-turned-off-and-the-icon-is-not/42afaaa1-7dfe-4aef-b99e-ce356e3a233b
  4. Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again: Bluetooth is turned off and the icon is not showing for me to turn it on again*Moved from insider forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-turned-off-and-the-icon-is-not/42afaaa1-7dfe-4aef-b99e-ce356e3a233b
  5. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  6. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when turning computer off: Whenever i click "shut down" on my computer, it restarts and creates a minidump file. Here is the file. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ssv5TbnazH33sZ69wbnsIOhFxo7TPHwc/view?usp=sharingAny idea on whats causing this? This is the second day in a row it has happened, i have...
  7. BSOD when turning computer off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Skype me off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype me off: I got infected with Skype. How do I get this thing off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-me-off/5663c5a1-da46-475a-8bb1-c64a07c9313c
  9. WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off: I have noticed that when I have turned off my computer my wifi turns off on all overs devices. However, when my computer is turned back on, wifi turns on back. What do I have to do?...
  10. Sound when turning off computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound when turning off computer: Hello Tenforums! Simple question, every time I turn off my computer and the Windows 10 "Shutting Down" window comes up, I get a noise just before it fully shuts down, I checked if it was a sound that was set but there's no "shutting off" or "log out" sound, and I THINK...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skype shows online when computer is off