Windows 10: skype stopped interacting with windows...and I killed it

Discus and support skype stopped interacting with windows...and I killed it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ok..since I dont particularly care to try and copy pics off the skype community forum, please see this thread for the pics skype hung itself and had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xraiderv1, Oct 9, 2016.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

skype stopped interacting with windows...and I killed it

ok..since I dont particularly care to try and copy pics off the skype community forum, please see this thread for the pics skype hung itself and had to be force closed - Skype Community

since anniversary was installed, every now and then skype stops responding and I end up needing to kill it via task manager, and then relaunch it, whereupon it functions as if everything's hunky dory.

does anyone have any idea WHY this has only started happening after the anniversary update?

also, side question, if cyberlink power dvd wasnt compatible with windows 10, would it even run never mind play my dvds?

second side question, would the virtual audio cables, necessary for my job as an internet radio dj, have anything to do with this?

ps, I've attached my direct x diagnostic file to the post.

:)

xraiderv1, Oct 9, 2016

2. Demise of Messenger

The true and complete integration of Windows Live Messenger & Skype has only just begun.

The only thing that is changing this month is that the desktop version of Windows Live Messenger is being phased out and integrated into the desktop version of Skype. In the coming weeks. the desktop Windows Live Messenger will stop working.

When you "merge" Windows Live Messenger into Skype, the only thing that really happens is that the Windows Live Messenger contacts are incorporated into the Skype desktop software. But even within the Skype desktop software, the Windows Live Messenger contacts
    are shown separately from your original Skype contacts.

To Windows Phones, the Windows Live Messenger function will still be incorporated into the Messaging hub exactly as it is today. You will still interact with your original set of Windows Live Messenger contacts through the Messaging hub and you will continue
    to interact with your original set of Skype contacts through the windows phone Skype app.

Julie fka profjulie, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Skype and Live Messenger

To windows phone, the services will continue to operate just are they do today. You will still interact with your original set of WLM contacts via the Messaging hub on the phone and you will still use the Skype app to interact with your original set of
    Skype contacts.

Julie fka profjulie, Oct 9, 2016
  4. shimshom Win User

What version of Skype are you running, is it the Desktop or the one that comes with Windows. If it's the desktop try to run it as per my post here Latest Skype for Windows - Page 5 - Windows 10 Forums. If it's not the desktop version you should uninstall the app and use Skype as per my post anyway at least to give you a better idea whats causing the issues. To get rid of Cyberlink just uninstall from the usual place and if you need it for your work try to find a more win 10 1607 friendly program to work with or, an updated Cylink that does work with it. As per the post on the Skype page since you updated to the AU might be worthwhile making sure all the software you're using is compatible with 1607 even if you have to start from scratch including the virtual cables

shimshom, Oct 9, 2016
  5. xraiderv1 Win User
    desktop version indeed sir. I am not using the app version.

xraiderv1, Oct 9, 2016
  6. xraiderv1 Win User
    the cables I need for work, cyberlink I need for my dvd movie needs, and if it wasnt compatible I seriously doubt it'd even load, nevermind play movies.

xraiderv1, Oct 10, 2016
  7. shimshom Win User
    You have a problem and to fix it sometimes you need to change something and unless you try it's not possible to solve the problem so have you tried anything to solve it

shimshom, Oct 15, 2016
  8. xraiderv1 Win User

ok...two days without running task manager and skype hasnt once blipped, I wonder...is it possible task manager's been the problem?

I've noticed correlating evidence, when I have my external hdd plugged in, and task manager up, if I try to eject the drive, it wont let me, yet the moment task manager's closed, it lets me eject the drive.

xraiderv1, Oct 16, 2016
  9. xraiderv1 Win User
    and nope..promptly made a liar by skype. I have uninstalled the audio cables and after rebooting, not 20 minutes in..presto poof goes skype again. I wouldnt know how to uninstall cyberlink and not loose it altogether...so I hesitate. I need to be able to reinstall it if it doesnt work, hence the hesitation.

xraiderv1, Oct 17, 2016
  10. shimshom Win User
    Did you try to run Skype as I suggested. Is Cyberlink a paid application and if so don't you have the license for it so can reinstall and there are other applications that will do the same as Cyberlink

shimshom, Oct 18, 2016
  11. xraiderv1 Win User
    cyberlink was OEM supplied, so no, I dont have a license key per say.

I did try skype as you suggested. didnt seem to make a difference.

xraiderv1, Oct 18, 2016
  12. shimshom Win User
    Just noticed you're using Avast for an AV and I would uninstall it using their uninstall tool and use Defender if you have it. I hope you're not running both defender and Avast at the same time which is not a good idea but Avast can create various issues and would be worth removing it to see if it solves the problem. Also are you using the built in Firewall or a 3rd party one

shimshom, Oct 19, 2016
  13. xraiderv1 Win User

built in firewall..and I'm gonna try making an exception in my antivirus for skype.

xraiderv1, Oct 19, 2016
  14. xraiderv1 Win User
    well..windows defender is off. skype has exceptions in both avast and the firewall.

do you have a legitimate reason for advising me to uninstall my antivirus and what is that reason?

xraiderv1, Oct 19, 2016
  15. shimshom Win User
    Avast has known issues and you should try using Defender at least to see if it solves the issues you're having. You can always reinstall Avast if uninstalling it doesn't make a difference

shimshom, Oct 19, 2016
Thema:

1. skype stopped interacting with windows...and I killed it - Similar Threads - skype stopped interacting

2. A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.: Неправильный путь приложения: C:\Users\art16\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-e28adbc917f34900\RobloxPlayerBeta.exeСигнатура проблемыИмя проблемного события: AppHangB1Application Name: RobloxPlayerBeta.exeApplication Version: 0.581.0.43395Application Timestamp:...
  3. A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.: Неправильный путь приложения: C:\Users\art16\AppData\Local\Roblox\Versions\version-e28adbc917f34900\RobloxPlayerBeta.exeСигнатура проблемыИмя проблемного события: AppHangB1Application Name: RobloxPlayerBeta.exeApplication Version: 0.581.0.43395Application Timestamp:...
  4. "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.": Can anyone tell me why this happens--repeatedly and often--and what can be done to prevent it? Here's the report from the Performance Monitor:Source Microsoft OutlookSummary Stopped responding and was closedDate ‎4/‎14/‎2023 12:36 PMStatus Not reportedDescriptionA problem...
  5. "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.": Can anyone tell me why this happens--repeatedly and often--and what can be done to prevent it? Here's the report from the Performance Monitor:Source Microsoft OutlookSummary Stopped responding and was closedDate ‎4/‎14/‎2023 12:36 PMStatus Not reportedDescriptionA problem...
  6. Explorer stops interacting with Windows and closes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer stops interacting with Windows and closes: I wonder if anyone can help? Since yesterday, one of my PCs has effectively frozen where Windows Explorer is concerned. It takes several minutes to perform the simplest task, such as a file transfer. In addition to this, the Windows taskbar and start menu freeeze. Windows...
  7. A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.: I am looking for the problem that caused my Asus Aura ROG is not responding and I saw this error in archived message in security and maintenance. I am using Windows 10 version 1903. This is the problem description. Description A problem caused this program to stop...
  8. A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.: Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: AppHangB1 Application Name: firefox.exe Application Version: 67.0.1.7088...
  9. A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.: Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_16005.11629.20174.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HxOutlook.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppHang Package Full Name:...
  10. skype stopped interacting with windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype stopped interacting with windows: soo...skype decided to stop interacting with windows, which led to me killing it. this...has happened in the past but not for several months. attached please find screenshots of the event viewer log. any ideas? [img] [img] 64816

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skypebridge stopped interacting with windows