Windows 10: Skype unable to hear test call...?

Discus and support Skype unable to hear test call...? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; No expert at all and have used Skype a bit in the past but had a problem trying to get the old download going recently so had to install a fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arcadian, May 28, 2017.

1. Arcadian Win User

Skype unable to hear test call...?

No expert at all and have used Skype a bit in the past but had a problem trying to get the old download going recently so had to install a fresh version of Skype, however not sure what I've forgotten but whilst the camera is ok I'm still unable to get the sound working or even the test call.

I use a headset as hearing's not too good but after checking in "Sound" can only find Conexant SmartAudio Speakers, so shouldn't there be an icon somewhere for headsets or could it be something else....?

Thanks

:)

Arcadian, May 28, 2017

2. Skype issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Original title: Skype

I had previously downloaded windows 10 but was unable to use my skype. I could see and hear my contacts but they couldn't hear me.

sueFitzwater, May 28, 2017
  3. problems

when i call skypee for testing I hear skypee voice after the beep i talk and cannot hear myself i find nothing wrong with my mic. I'm using mac

Leon Benmargui, May 28, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

after checking in "Sound" can only find Conexant SmartAudio Speakers, so shouldn't there be an icon somewhere for headsets

YES. The problem is the sound setting, not Skype (the Skype sound test should still work thru your computer spkrs). If the headset doesn't work with Music either, that would confirm this. Troubleshoot by plugging in a corded headset (even an airplane headset) into the computer's plug. If it works, you know the problem is the headset.

Is this a Bluetooth headset ? If so, try to re-enable detection. Once in while, my speaker will stop working. I turn it off, turn Bluetooth off and then turn both back on to re-detect. Good Luck

mrgeek, May 28, 2017
  5. Arcadian Win User
    Not a Bluetooth just an ordinary headphone and mike, and yes the headset was faulty very faint and breaking up throughout. Had a spare one to hand luckily and now all's working fine....

Great many thanks ! *Smile

Arcadian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Skype unable to hear test call...? - Similar Threads - Skype unable hear

2. Can't test or hear sounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't test or hear sounds: After a system restore I heard an annoying alert sound of some sort, so decided to change my sound settings. I changed my sounds to None, with designated exceptions. I chose the exceptions by clicking the particular alerts, for which I chose .wav sounds. But the Test buttons...
  3. skype video calls

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    skype video calls: during skype video calls my contacts only see a grey screen with a video icon crossed out. they also can't hear me. what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video-calls/f543066c-71dc-40b3-9705-fbe92c6c84aa
  4. Other people can't hear me on Skype call

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other people can't hear me on Skype call: I have recent call meeting on Skype i was able to hear others but they where not able to hear me i think this is an issue of microphone but my microphone is working good with other app....
  5. Skype not hearing me at all

Skype not hearing me at all: No one is able to hear me on Skype calls. My internal microphone isis select as default mic still there is no up movement on the bars when I speak to it. Right now I don't have any external mic to check. I am sure there is no issues with the microphone as the device is...
  6. Skype Video Calls

Skype Video Calls: When I tried using Skype on my laptop to call our Son. The computer screen is all purple and green and I am unable to see anything. It was fine last time I used it, but sadly not today and I was unable to see my little Grandson. There was a windows update today which meant...
  7. Test audio call

Test audio call: When I make a call, I can not hear a ring. I have windows 10. Skype is up to date, all worked fine till yesterday I updated Skype as per a Skype prompt. My audio test is not working. All the rest on my PC works. I can hear music. I can hear a ring if a contact in Skype...
  8. skype to skype video call screen display

skype to skype video call screen display: Is there a way to full screen an incoming video skype to skype call on my computer , instead of seeing the caller in a small window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-to-skype-video-call-screen-display/ad12afb3-fa41-4f7f-8108-301ae220f47a
  9. Unable to make call neither with Skype nor with Zoiper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to make call neither with Skype nor with Zoiper: Hello Zoiper and Skype are both installed on my Windows 10 x64 machine. Zoiper allowsthe switching of speaker and microphone between internally and externally. Skypealso admits the switching of speaker and microphone between internally andexternally. Former, I was not...
  10. Skype Call Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Call Problems: Is anyone else having problems with Skype in Window´s 10? I make daily outgoing calls to Companies and none of the switchboards are picking up my "tone" when I´m making an option selection from an automated operator. I´m also finding the "click to call" very slow (but not...