Windows 10: Skype Updated Automatically

Discus and support Skype Updated Automatically in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Has anyone here had skype automatically updated on their computer? The new version is horrible, it has like a microsoft signin page. And when you log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulyjustin, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Skype Updated Automatically

Has anyone here had skype automatically updated on their computer? The new version is horrible, it has like a microsoft signin page. And when you log in, it looks very bad compared to the old skype where i dont even want to use it anymore. On my phone though its still the same but of course its mobile.Anyone know how i could go back to the old skype? Also why did it automatically update? I recalled a while back it would ask me if i want to update and i put down no etc. But this time, it just updated by itself. Now the layout etc just looks horrible etc.

:)

paulyjustin, Feb 15, 2018

2. skype and 1511 update

very low volume on skype after the automatic update. the other side can hear me well.

MarionBraun_987, Feb 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and skype

I have updated from Windows 7 to 10 and a few days ago Skype has updated automatically. when I call somebody now my partner can hardly hear me, same result on the skype audio check.

I have done all steps proposed by skype, no result. My in build microphone is "Realtek High Definition", what can I do?

claudiaabcde, Feb 15, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Skype Updated Automatically

The old version has major security issues.

Regardless if you like old version or not, it is a bad plan to revert. I just use the uwp app now.

cereberus, Feb 15, 2018
  5. mrgeek Win User
    mrgeek, Feb 15, 2018
  6. Can someone tell me how do i view someones profile such as view their profile in on skype say in a chat group? For example in a big chat group, people post. I then want to view their profile. When i right click it, nothing shows up. But when i left clicked it, it automatically video called. All i want to do is view their profile and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this?

paulyjustin, Mar 3, 2018
  7. Edwin New Member
    Skype Updated Automatically [​IMG]

Edwin, Mar 3, 2018
  8. Skype Updated Automatically

Hi there. So with the recent skype update, thats the only way to do this then? Previously i recalled i could just right click and then view profile etc.

So if you already have someone has a friend on skype, then you just left click it and then view info?

paulyjustin, Mar 3, 2018
  9. Edwin New Member
    Oh, you can do that too...

... but, you specified group chat

Edwin, Mar 3, 2018
  10. DooGie Win User
    Why not just disable the Skype Updater Service?

DooGie, Mar 3, 2018
  11. What do you mean disable skype updater service? I never did anything to it ever. I only had few times when it asked if i wanted to update skype and i always typed no. Then this happens when it didn't even ask me and automatically updated it for me.

paulyjustin, Mar 4, 2018
  12. DooGie Win User
    By default the Skype Updater Service is enabled. You have to go to Services and disable it.

Open Services and scroll down to Skype Updater, right click and select properties. There is a box "Startup Choices" with a drop down menu. You get four choices, one of them being Disabled.

DooGie, Mar 4, 2018
  13. Skype Updated Automatically

Okay if thats the case, is there a reason why my skype never ever updated until recently? Also i like to mention that my iphone just had this happened recently. So now i can't go back to the old skype version on my phone either?

paulyjustin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Skype Updated Automatically

1. Skype Updated Automatically - Similar Threads - Skype Updated Automatically

2. New Skype Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Skype Update: There was a new update earlier and my computer automatically download it. I always use video call with the computer camera, and it always let me use it before todays update. Now that i havet his update, it says that the camera isnt available like it doesnt recognize it. Is...
  3. Skype automatic opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype automatic opening: How do I stop Skype automatically starting when I start Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-automatic-opening/0d31aa14-cdf2-4cd2-a6e8-1ca429f8bc66
  4. Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive: Hello, is it possible to configure automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive when user logs in with domain account for the first time? we are using W2K12 AD with dirsync to O365. cheers,...
  5. Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android: Skype for Android has a really weird issue. And it’s a massive privacy problem. Believe it or not, Skype has a feature called automatic answering that automatically answers your calls for you. And on the Android app, the feature is malfunctioning, automatically answering...
  6. Updates made to messaging in Skype

in Windows 10 News
    Updates made to messaging in Skype: We've been hard at work updating messaging in Skype based on your feedback, we hope you enjoy these changes! To see these updates, be sure to download the latest Skype build at https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/ Within Messaging Settings, you can now: Manage whether...
  7. Skype not working since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype not working since update: I waited a long time to update to the latest Skype for desktops, and now that I have, it's completely broken. It will only occasionally let me log in, and when it does, it will not let me click anything. Behaves almost like a frozen window, except there are still moving...
  8. Skype won't startup automatically

Skype won't startup automatically: I've looked over the internet kind of but none of the answers worked. I've been trying to find a way so my skype will startup automatically but I couldn't. So hopefully I find the answer here. Sincerely, Jeff Tiki...
  9. Skype Wouldn't Update

Skype Wouldn't Update: I use Skype you can get from Skype.com; it's not Skype Preview that comes with Windows 10. That's junk, in my not so humble opinion. I attempted to upgrade Skype from version 7.25.0.103, but got so far and was told "The specified account already exists." Next, I was told...
  10. New update for SKYPE

New update for SKYPE: Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just found out that a new update for Skype is released. Version is 7.17.0.104 if anyone is interested. 33907

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is my skype is updated accordingly?