Windows 10: skype webcam

Discus and support skype webcam in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i have just downloaded the skype app from the store. i go to options in the app and under camera there is nothing to select how can i fix this i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamos316, Feb 22, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

skype webcam

i have just downloaded the skype app from the store. i go to options in the app and under camera there is nothing to select
    how can i fix this
    i have gone to pc settings-privacy-webcam-and allowed skype to use the cam

:)

jamos316, Feb 22, 2015
  2. MFJVB Win User

Windows 10 1709 - Webcam not found by Skype App

Hello,

probably after the recent 1709 upgrade (or maybe one upgrade earlier), my Philips SPC530NC webcam is no longer working. Here are the details:

- Webcam not found by Skype App.

- Webcam not found by any other App from the MS store

- Microphone on the SPC530NC is working, also in Skype App

- Webcam is found (!) and working the Skype Desktop App, also in a browser online webcam test.

=> so only windows 10 store apps do not find the webcam.

=> Webcam access in Windows 10 privacy settings is allowed for skype, etc.

=> device manager does not show any hidden or disconnected webcam or usb video devices.

what is the problem here?

thank you.

MFJ

Moved fromskype webcam :(Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Camera)

MFJVB, Feb 22, 2015
  3. Skype

Hello Romeo,

Is your webcam not working at all or it is only when you are using Skype?

If the issue is on Skype, try the steps in the link below:

Solving your video and webcam issues in Skype

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Feb 22, 2015
  4. rvbfan Win User

skype webcam

I downloaded direct from the website. Seems to work better than the app from the store.

rvbfan, Feb 22, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    Are you running in a VM or is Windows 10 installed direct? Does the camera work in the camera app? Can you see the driver in device manager?

adamf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

skype webcam

1. skype webcam - Similar Threads - skype webcam

2. Webcam working on Zoom & Skype but not anything else Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam working on Zoom & Skype but not anything else Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro with Windows 10, only 4 months old. The webcam used to work, including the Hello facial login. Recently, it has stopped working. I thought it was the backlit causing the webcam difficulty in reading the face. But now I realize that the webcam is...
  3. Webcam working on Zoom & Skype but not anything else Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam working on Zoom & Skype but not anything else Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro with Windows 10, only 4 months old. The webcam used to work, including the Hello facial login. Recently, it has stopped working. I thought it was the backlit causing the webcam difficulty in reading the face. But now I realize that the webcam is...
  4. Webcam working on Zoom & Skype but not anything else Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera

Webcam - not working with Mircosoft Apps - teams/skype/camera: I can see the camera HP Webcam HD2300 in the device manager. the software is up to date. When I open zoom settings the camera is working. However, when I make zoom calls the camera is not working. This started happening yesterday in Teams and it affects everything. I...
  6. My integrated webcam works in Skype but Microsoft teams does not seem to recognise it

My integrated webcam works in Skype but Microsoft teams does not seem to recognise it: I have a windows 10 system on a 2018 HP Pavilion laptop with all updates downloaded. Drivers have been updated. All privacy settings have been checked and access for apps to the webcam is granted. My webcam comes on and is able to be used with Skype but not teams. Please...
  7. Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting.: Webcam works with Win 10 Camera app on laptop but does not work when using SKYPE or GoTo Meeting. Error message is SKYPE Camera is not installed or being used by another application and GoTo Meeting Webcam is not detected...
  8. Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera

Camera is not clear on Skype webcam and camera: Split from this thread. my camera is not clear on skype web cam and camera. I have tried everything. Nothing helps. wonder if its broken. There are no updated drivers to install. According to computer its working fine. Iv uninstalled it twice no difference. Iv changes the...
  9. Microsoft teams cannot use the webcam but Skype can

Microsoft teams cannot use the webcam but Skype can: I tried everything to be found in the web but it didn't resolve the issue. BTW, my computer is a Dell Inspiron of 2019 Oct Make with integrated webcam....
  10. Skype with Microsoft Windows 10 and an HP truevision HD webcam

Skype with Microsoft Windows 10 and an HP truevision HD webcam: Can't seem to make this work? Voice is find both ends of a video call, senders picture shows, but doesn't receive other party's photo. What am I doing wrong?...