Windows 10: Skype wont ring and Hyper V wont connect in Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Discus and support Skype wont ring and Hyper V wont connect in Windows 10 Pro 64bit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having problems with my Windows 10 pc. Skype use to ring when a call is incoming, but now it doesn't. Also my Hyper V won't allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Decat44, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Decat44 Win User

Skype wont ring and Hyper V wont connect in Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Hi all,

I'm having problems with my Windows 10 pc. Skype use to ring when a call is incoming, but now it doesn't. Also my Hyper V won't allow me to create a Linux vm. I keep getting an error saying it can not connect Don't know why this is happening. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling skype and Hyper V. I have tried Hyper V in the past and it worked flawlessly. I still love Windows 10, but these are some nagging issues that I wish could be fixed.

:)

Decat44, Mar 14, 2018

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with Hyper V

Hi

I am currently running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit with Hyper V enabled as I need the virtual machine for my work. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit and understand that Hyper V comes with 10 Pro which is great, but I am concerned that my current
    settings will be lost duting the upgrade.

My question is.... can I upgrade without losing any of my existing Hyper V and VM settings?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

juliep_1215, Mar 14, 2018
  3. Sundarock Win User
    Trouble with Hyper v in windows 10 laptop

Hello,

I have laptop with windows 10 pro 64bit and its a i5 processor. Enabled virtualization technology in BIOS and installed hyper v as well without issue happily. After that when i right click hyper v manager and try to connect with local computer its showing
    me "An error occured while attempting to connect to server "my system name". check that virtual machine management service is running and you are authorized to connect to the server". Even i am not able to start any hyper v services. Please tell me if i missed
    anything here.

Regards,

Sundarock, Mar 14, 2018
Thema:

Skype wont ring and Hyper V wont connect in Windows 10 Pro 64bit

1. Skype wont ring and Hyper V wont connect in Windows 10 Pro 64bit - Similar Threads - Skype wont ring

2. Windows 10 pro wont connect to ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro wont connect to ethernet: System spec: ASUS PRIME A320M-K mobo fully updated; A8 CPU; 8G RAM; fresh activated install of Microsoft Windows 10 Professional x64 Build 19042.964 20H2 fully updated.hard wired CAT6 gigabit ethernet connection via switches to routerOther machines on the network show no such...
  3. windows 10 pro and hyper-v

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro and hyper-v: I have to buy another copy of Win 10 pro in order to setup Hyper-V? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-and-hyper-v/1cfc575c-745d-4990-88ab-58ff447af7a6
  4. Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install: Hii, I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX505DY-BQ002T. I upgraded my build in Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using the Microsoft store app so that I can use Hyper-V and Docker for windows. Windows 10 Home was updated to Version 1903 before the Pro upgrade. But when do the...
  5. Why wont Windows-10-64bit install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why wont Windows-10-64bit install?: Hi, I'm now trying to install W10-64bit onto my current PC. PC's Build Info: Mobo: GIGABYTE / GA-Z87-HD3 (1.x) BIOS Ver: F7 Graphics: onboard CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K S1150 3.40 GHz CPU Part No: SR14A Operating System: Currently W7-Pro-64-bit Memory: Corsair / 2 x 8GB...
  6. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  7. Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V on windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a problem setting up Hyper-V on windows 10 professional. I tryed many steps including: using powershell to enable hyper-v features, using advanced program setup dialog and using DISM. The hyper-v software is installed, but cant run any contrainer, saying...
  8. Hyper-V Connection Lost

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  9. Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607): Hello, i've been experiencing problems with Hyper-V since last weeks thursday (09-03-2017, DD-MM-YYYY) trying to run it on Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit (up to date) with Hyper-V enabled. For some reason Hyper-V doesn't want to start any VM from my Windows 10 Enterprise...
  10. Windows 10 pro using Win Xp in Hyper-v connecting to LAN problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro using Win Xp in Hyper-v connecting to LAN problem: Hi Guys, Im new to the Windows 10 world, I am working with a small company with very outdated software...and hardware for that matter. I am trying to upgrade a PC to a new Desktop running windows 10 pro, that was the easy part. All the other old systems are running Windows...