Windows 10: sleep activates auto sleep

Discus and support sleep activates auto sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After starting up no automatic sleep, display stays turned on (all power options NEVER, all BIOS options DISABLE) When turning computer to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donli, Jul 14, 2016.

1. donli Win User

sleep activates auto sleep

After starting up no automatic sleep, display stays turned on (all power options NEVER, all BIOS options DISABLE)

When turning computer to sleep manually (standby S3 available) it goes sleep and wakes up normally.

AND then after two minutes goes to automatic sleep, wakes up normally.

After restarting computer no automatic sleep.

Any ideas what triggers auto sleep?

:)

donli, Jul 14, 2016

2. DisplayPort Liink Failure error after PC wakes up from sleep.

I set my PC to never sleep. I let it go to screensaver or put it to sleep myself.

If I put to sleep, I have no issue.

I won't turn auto sleep back on until I see that this is fixed (I'm set to follow the thread).

MaryJane1234, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Sleeping Issue

I downloaded my free upgrade and I was enjoying it until I noticed this issue: the auto sleep option doesn't let the computer sleep. I say sometimes because it did work with the sleep option in the start menu. When I left my computer without turning it
    off it went to sleep like how I set it to do, but when I came back the power button indicated that it was still on and the fan was still running, yet it was not responding, leading to an unsafe (or maybe it is safe since nothing's running?) hard shutdown.
    For now I've turned off the auto sleeping, but this surely needs a fix.

GengarSleep, Jul 14, 2016
  4. donli Win User

solved, you have to Update registry DefaultPowerSchemeValues key, by deafault 120 sec.

Is ther any ohter options to change the default values?

donli, Jul 22, 2016
  5. essenbe Win User
    Power and sleep options has always worked for me.

sleep activates auto sleep [​IMG]

essenbe, Jul 22, 2016
  6. donli Win User
    my win 10 is upgraded from win7 and then win 10 clean install. May be that is the problem. Even advanced power options does not affect auto sleep mode, probably win 10 acts upon different ´registry keys compared to win 7 ?!?

donli, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. sleep activates auto sleep - Similar Threads - sleep activates auto

2. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto sleep no longer working: For the last six months or so both my auto screen shutdown and auto sleep have not been working. Instead I always manually sleep when I leave my computer. Any advice how to fix automatic sleep? Auto screen shut off is set for 10 minutes, and auto sleep is set for 15 minutes....
  3. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto sleep no longer working: For the last six months or so both my auto screen shutdown and auto sleep have not been working. Instead I always manually sleep when I leave my computer. Any advice how to fix automatic sleep? Auto screen shut off is set for 10 minutes, and auto sleep is set for 15 minutes....
  4. Auto sleep no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC wont auto sleep

PC wont auto sleep: hi for months my windows 10 wouldn't auto sleep and i spent days trying to rectify this problem, but nothing worked, however i have just noticed that since the last update the other day it now has begun to work properly and auto sleeps to the settings i input, was Microsoft...
  6. Auto Sleep not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Sleep not working: Well, since the update to 1909 my auto sleep doesn't work. The monitor goes to sleep at the right time but the computer stays on. I've set every combination for sleep times but, nothing works. Googled said problem and all of the suggestions are useless. Can't go back to 1903...
  7. Pc won't auto sleep.

Pc won't auto sleep.: Basically my PC wont sleep. A USB audio device and Legacy Kernel Caller are preventing it. I have already disabled my headphones as well as unplugged and re plugged them. Powercfg -requestsoverride doesn't work either. Powercfg -requests is below. Please help, since this is...
  8. Windows 10 Will Not Auto Sleep

Windows 10 Will Not Auto Sleep: I've seen lots of threads about similar issues here and I think I've tried everything I've read but nothing will make my PC sleep. It worked fine with Windows 8.1 but since 10 it doesn't matter what I change, the only way to make the PC sleep is to do it manually. Here are...
  9. Passwords and Auto Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Passwords and Auto Sleep: I just upgraded from windows 7 sp2 to Windows 10.. I'm pissed at MS because it makes me log in with a password. I don't have sensitive information. No one but me uses the computer, so its a big PITA. Someone suggested a program to run so that when I reboot, I don't have to...
  10. Sleep Activation

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Activation: Just upgraded from W7 to W10. Am having difficulty determining how to put the computer to sleep. Any Help would be appreciated. Power Icon gives me Restart and Shut down only 33729