Windows 10: Sleep cycle question

Discus and support Sleep cycle question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At the end of the day, I put my system into the sleep cycle. Sometime throughout the night my system leaves the sleep cycle and shows the log-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Animallover17, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Sleep cycle question

At the end of the day, I put my system into the sleep cycle. Sometime throughout the night my system leaves the sleep cycle and shows the log-in screen. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? If I put the sleep cycle on during the day, this does not appear to happen...so far.

I am running Windows 10.

:)

Animallover17, Aug 15, 2017
  2. M. Jarsky Win User

why am I getting error code 0x8009002d when signing in?

That’s why i questioned Kowalski215’s assertion that it has nothing to do with sleep.

Your assertion, that the problem occurs after a few sleep/wake cycles but never occurs after shutdown/reboot, has been stated many times in this discussion and I think it is pretty clear that the problem is
    most definitely related to sleep.

M. Jarsky, Aug 15, 2017
  3. sdchanak Win User
    Password on wakeup Windows 10 latest version

Clark

Thanks Clark for your patience.

This last procedure, using the Administrative Template, allowed the computer to start without a password the first time after the computer was in a sleep state. I will continue to monitor through more sleep cycles and report back if anything changes.

The system has cycled several times without a password.

Thanks again for the excellent instructions.

sdchanak, Aug 15, 2017
  4. Sleep cycle question

Caledon Ken, Aug 17, 2017
Thema:

Sleep cycle question

1. Sleep cycle question - Similar Threads - Sleep cycle question

2. Multi-Display settings reset after every sleep cycle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-Display settings reset after every sleep cycle: I recently disabled modern standby S0 because my wireless mouse keeps waking up the laptop with the slightist disturbance, which is a common complaint Microsoft has yet fixed. This solved the problem. However, now every time it wakes up it resets the multi-display settings.I...
  3. Multi-Display settings reset after every sleep cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multi-Display settings reset after every sleep cycle: I recently disabled modern standby S0 because my wireless mouse keeps waking up the laptop with the slightist disturbance, which is a common complaint Microsoft has yet fixed. This solved the problem. However, now every time it wakes up it resets the multi-display settings.I...
  4. High 85% CPU use untill put to a sleep/wake cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High 85% CPU use untill put to a sleep/wake cycle: Main problem: My Pc revs up cpu fan during boot, with 85% CPU when done booting. A sleep/wake cycle fixes this. the computer otherwise works fine. I have a ASUS Z97-P motherboard with a I5-4690K processor running windows 10 pro. There are 3 items with high CPU under...
  5. Sluggish after a few sleep->wake cycles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sluggish after a few sleep->wake cycles: I have noticed that after a few sleep->wake cycles everything starts getting sluggish. Alt-tabbing, opening context menus, just doing stuff in applications in general, explorer, etc. Everything becomes slower. A restart gets everything back to normal snappiness. Any ideas?...
  6. Sleeping the display - just cycles wake/sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleeping the display - just cycles wake/sleep: Hello all, I have a new rig, still working out some bugs, but this is my first PC, coming from a Mac ecosystem. When I set up sleep settings, I have the screensaver start after 10 minutes, then display sleep after 20 minutes. When that time comes, the display I have just...
  7. Question about sleep mode and hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about sleep mode and hibernation: So recently my pc has stopped going to sleep, when I press it, windows shuts down but the components inside remain on and when I press the power button to attempt to wake up my pc it doesn’t do anything. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/kumquatguava1002 [link]...
  8. PC keeps going on to a sleep cycle

PC keeps going on to a sleep cycle: I have never ever decided to go to a forum to ask a problem by myself about pc’s troubleshooting. However that changes now. The problem that I have with my pc is that it keeps going to sleep within seconds after I turn it on. I got no time t even type my password to log...
  9. Display Power & sleep question

Display Power & sleep question: I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in for power setting and never in sleep. I've used these setting for years in other machines but now the monitor will not power...
  10. Cycling reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cycling reboots: I have a cycling reboots situation. [IMG][IMG]i read through various online resources and was able to load it in safe mode. Recovery doesn't work and neither does reset through the recovery options. I'm trying to just get it open, i don't care much about my files because...