Windows 10: Sleep cycle question

Discus and support Sleep cycle question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At the end of the day, I put my system into the sleep cycle. Sometime throughout the night my system leaves the sleep cycle and shows the log-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Animallover17, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Sleep cycle question

At the end of the day, I put my system into the sleep cycle. Sometime throughout the night my system leaves the sleep cycle and shows the log-in screen. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? If I put the sleep cycle on during the day, this does not appear to happen...so far.

I am running Windows 10.

:)

Animallover17, Aug 15, 2017
  2. M. Jarsky Win User

why am I getting error code 0x8009002d when signing in?

That’s why i questioned Kowalski215’s assertion that it has nothing to do with sleep.

Your assertion, that the problem occurs after a few sleep/wake cycles but never occurs after shutdown/reboot, has been stated many times in this discussion and I think it is pretty clear that the problem is
    most definitely related to sleep.

M. Jarsky, Aug 15, 2017
  3. sdchanak Win User
    Password on wakeup Windows 10 latest version

Clark

Thanks Clark for your patience.

This last procedure, using the Administrative Template, allowed the computer to start without a password the first time after the computer was in a sleep state. I will continue to monitor through more sleep cycles and report back if anything changes.

The system has cycled several times without a password.

Thanks again for the excellent instructions.

sdchanak, Aug 15, 2017
  4. Sleep cycle question

Caledon Ken, Aug 17, 2017
Thema:

Sleep cycle question

1. Sleep cycle question - Similar Threads - Sleep cycle question

2. Display Power & sleep question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display Power & sleep question: I recently got a new computer running win-10 and a new Dell monitor. Went through the setup steps one of which was display settings. I put 20 min in for power setting and never in sleep. I've used these setting for years in other machines but now the monitor will not power...
  3. Pc in a restarting then troubleshooting cycle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc in a restarting then troubleshooting cycle: Ok so just about yesterday my laptop had crashed after i had done some gaming as i do. But once i try to boot up my computer it gets put into a loop of loading in then crashing and now wont even lod in but is constantly going through automatic repairs and then troubleshooting...
  4. Windows 10 embedded life cycle?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 embedded life cycle?: I am looking for information about how long windows 10 embedded will be supported from a life cycle point of view. Seems like every other version is documented except embedded. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet Anyone know?...
  5. Cycling reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cycling reboots: I have a cycling reboots situation. [IMG][IMG]i read through various online resources and was able to load it in safe mode. Recovery doesn't work and neither does reset through the recovery options. I'm trying to just get it open, i don't care much about my files because...
  6. Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why is new Windows 10 PC automatically deleting Onedrive files on every sleep cycle of PC: I have a brand new windows 10 PC bought 1 month ago (SSD Asus Laptop). All updates are applied to current date. Every time I restart in the morning after closing the lid at night ( sleep), the start up is a black screen with no prompt and the HDD light becomes hugely...
  7. 1803 Boot cycle problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1803 Boot cycle problem: Win10Home64, Avast user (if that has any relevance). Bought new USB stick 32GB just for this job. It seems to be Fat32 as new. Twice ran through Brink's TUT on this solution. Twice after creating/downloading and during the 'setup' unknown error 0x80042405 - 0xA001A has...
  8. DVD/cd writer cycling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD/cd writer cycling: I run W8.1 and 10130 on the same desktop. They are on separate SSD's and only plugged in one at a time. When 10130 is in and idle, the DVD/CD will cycle meaning it tries to do a read. Last's about 5 seconds and repeats every 3 minutes. The tray is empty. W8.1 does not repeat...
  9. Dual monitors cycling on and off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitors cycling on and off: I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on with my monitors. I am running a HP 8560W laptop hooked up to a docking station that has dual video outputs. I had dual AOC monitors hooked up with DVI cables before and they worked just fine. I upgraded to dual HP 27ea...
  10. Laptop is in an unstoppable blue screen cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop is in an unstoppable blue screen cycle: , so I was going to restart my laptop and it said update and restart so i dis that. After it restarted, a blue screen came up with the error NTFS FILE SYSTEM and it automatically restarts. Hp logo comes on and it says preparing automatic repair. The screen then turns black...