Windows 10: SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?

Discus and support SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The Error Log and Computer Specs are below.My computer recently just stopped waking up from sleep/hibernate and restarts the computer. I really want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alem, May 4, 2016.

1. alem Win User

SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?

The Error Log and Computer Specs are below.My computer recently just stopped waking up from sleep/hibernate and restarts the computer. I really want to know what is causing the problem, and I can't find any further suggestions. Many people think that sleep/hibernation issues are usually either: 1. Video/Graphics Card or 2. Bios Issues. I have tried the following:

• Updated video drivers (through Device Manger) and tried disabling a few USB options (allowing system to sleep). It seems like the problem started a couple of weeks after I upgraded the video drivers using microsoft update, as stated above.
      • Intel has it's own driver update utility and everytime I ran it the utility gave me two choices for the graphics card update, neither of which worked. ("Not compatible with your PC). It's very frustrating. *Mad
    • The BIOS is up to date (99% sure). Version 212. Unless they updated the BIOS without changing the number. I updated the BIOS shortly after Windows 10 came out, from the ASUS site.
    • I have tried a in-upgrade repair install.
    • Refreshed the PC (keeping files).
    • I ran virus and malware scans in both normal and safe-mode, nothing found.

EVENT LOG ERROR Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 5/3/2016 9:56:37 PM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Laptop-Andy
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>3</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-05-04T04:56:37.789964900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1641</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Laptop-Andy</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">4</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">131068005813018608</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

SPECS:
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 6031 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 481857 MB, Free - 266990 MB; D: Total - 149277 MB, Free - 50765 MB; E: Total - 60845 MB, Free - 13677 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., Q501LA
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

:)

alem, May 4, 2016
  2. gbalstad Win User

Windows 10 - Will not hibernate after prolonged use, previous fix for 10016 worked for awhile, but no longer fixes hibernate issue.

I just confirmed, this error also occurs when I attempt to Sleep, so it's not unique to Hibernate.

If I try to Hibernate, the computer will not Hibernate; however, when I hold the power button the computer will turn OFF. When I turn it back on it will resume from a Hibernation mode and restore the session.

When I just tried to do the same process with Sleep, the computer would not sleep, and when I attempted to turn the computer OFF, it did a hard turn OFF. When I went to turn the laptop back ON, it began from a hard turn OFF, and did not resume from a pre-Sleep
    session.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

gbalstad, May 4, 2016
  3. mikepren Win User
    Fans and keyboard lights stay on when hibernating or sleeping

Unfortunately, this isn't exactly what I mean.

The issue happens when I click on "Sleep" or "Hibernate" from the Start Menu. If I try to put my computer to sleep so I can bring it somewhere, I will click "Sleep" or "Hibernate" and wait a few seconds for it to stop running.

However, my issue is that the computer never completely goes to sleep or hibernates. The lights on my laptop stay on, the screen turns off, and the fans and maybe even the hard drive keep running. I have to hold down the power button for it to fully stop
    running, and this either causes it to restart completely so I have to log on again, or causes it to complete the Sleep or Hibernate process so when I hit the power button again it resumes as if nothing had gone wrong. It's unpredictable whether it will restart
    or resume.

mikepren, May 4, 2016
Thema:

SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's?

1. SLEEP/HIBERNATE - Restarts on Resume. Tried Everything. Any idea's? - Similar Threads - SLEEP HIBERNATE Restarts

2. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  3. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  4. Win 10 Pro won't resume from Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Pro won't resume from Sleep or Hibernate: My Win 10 Pro is fully up-to-date. Recently my Asus PC stopped resuming from sleep or hibernate. I have to physically unplug the computer wait, plug in, start it and I have to go into the BIOS and Choose optimized default settings and then it starts up. Even though I do not...
  5. Random apps open on resuming from sleep/hibernate

Random apps open on resuming from sleep/hibernate: What's going on here and how do I stop it? It's like its possessed or something. Only immediately after resuming from sleep. Since one of the recent updates in the past month I'm not certain which exactly, a random app opens immediately upon resuming from sleep. The apps...
  6. Hibernating resuming error

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernating resuming error: Hi All when i go to resume from hibernate all my applications are gone and i check the event viewer to find The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. But i...
  7. Tried everything but the screen is still bluish Any idea how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tried everything but the screen is still bluish Any idea how to fix it?: Hey there! I have been facing this issue for past 2 weeks i tried everything reinstalling driver software, reinstalling windows, display calibration etc. But nothing happened any idea how to fix because it's a really a big problem for me. System details: Lenovo IdeaPad...
  8. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart: How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that....
  9. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...